No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He did. The Apostles WERE the master builders. They set forth the doctrine that the church is to build itself on. The church does not have authoroity to add to or reinterpret SCripture!

but it was a doctrinal error worked out in practice! Peter was showing respecter of persons.

only to write scripture in the first place! but not to interpret thru the light of the HS

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He did. The Apostles WERE the master builders. They set forth the doctrine that the church is to build itself on. The church does not have authoroity to add to or reinterpret SCripture!

but it was a doctrinal error worked out in practice! Peter was showing respecter of persons.

why does authority bother you so much?
Christ is king! Submit! Thy will be done!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

not to oppose error is to approve it!

no there is only One who has authority to build a church! Christ! Matt 16:18

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She must be false if condemned!

She is condemned because God is a jealous God and she was taking away from His glory as the only true God.

Yes, the queen of heaven is a false god(dess).

So can Mary be in the hearts of those who revere her.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is condemned because God is a jealous God and she was taking away from His glory as the only true God.

Yes, the queen of heaven is a false god(dess).

So can Mary be in the hearts of those who revere her.

mary glorified God Lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord

Jn 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

And brings faith Jn 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

The mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not to oppose error is to approve it!

no there is only One who has authority to build a church! Christ! Matt 16:18

Absolutely Correct and He gave the doctrinal authority to the original apostles. any dictates that come afterwards must be compared to teh doctrines laid down in SCripture. If they do not conform to Scripture, they must be resisted, no matter who issued it, how popular it is or how reasonable it may sound.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely Correct and He gave the doctrinal authority to the original apostles. any dictates that come afterwards must be compared to teh doctrines laid down in SCripture. If they do not conform to Scripture, they must be resisted, no matter who issued it, how popular it is or how reasonable it may sound.

where does it say Christ commanded them to write scripture?

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

1 Tim 1: 2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Tim 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

tim Paul’s Spiritual son, spiritual father not an original apostle has authority

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ yes! good
But Christ ascended to heaven! Now what?

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

church of the apostles has authority to write scripture but not interpret???

2 Peter 1:19-21
King James Version

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

NO! Their job was to teach the Scriptures as the Spirit enlightened their mind! No one has the right to privately interpret the scriptures.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does it say Christ commanded them to write scripture?

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

1 Tim 1: 2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Tim 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

tim Paul’s Spiritual son, spiritual father not an original apostle has authority

Well they taught what became the Scriptures! that is a given! Paul was commissioned directly by Jesus and confirmed by the other apostles. But we have no other apostles past the first century!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Peter 1:19-21
King James Version

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

NO! Their job was to teach the Scriptures as the Spirit enlightened their mind! No one has the right to privately interpret the scriptures.

thats cos the church of the apostles only has authority to interpret scripture and teach the nations Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 the church is the pillar and ground of truth

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they taught what became the Scriptures! that is a given! Paul was commissioned directly by Jesus and confirmed by the other apostles. But we have no other apostles past the first century!

Mathias? Acts 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

timothy?
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

And so on
Polycarp successed John

matt 28:18-20 I will be with you (the apostles) until the end Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

so the office of the apostles remains to the end

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats cos the church of the apostles only has authority to interpret scripture and teach the nations Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 the church is the pillar and ground of truth

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only as they are faithful to the teaching of the apostles we call the New Testament. Otherwise the church is not being a pillar or ground for truth but error. The church has authority before God only as long as it stays faithful to the NT.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments
Nope! MY spiritual authority is through the Holy Spirit! Not bread and wine and man made "sacraments". There are only two ordinances commanded by jesus

Teh Lords supper and Baptism.

And so on
Polycarp successed John

matt 28:18-20 I will be with you (the apostles) until the end Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

so the office of the apostles remains to the end

Nope!

But who are the twelve apostles today then?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only as they are faithful to the teaching of the apostles we call the New Testament. Otherwise the church is not being a pillar or ground for truth but error. The church has authority before God only as long as it stays faithful to the NT.

where’s that in the Bible???