No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Don't be ridiculous.

I'm merely saying that Jesus is come in the flesh in that He dwells within the flesh of each member of His body.

Of course there is a distinctive Person (the Son) who is returning on the clouds.

But the Person of the Holy Ghost is also Jesus Christ in that He is the Spirit of Christ.
Are you a Oneness fellow who doesn't believe in the Trinity?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Oneness fellow who doesn't believe in the Trinity?
I have leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism but I do believe in the Trinity.

I emphasize the Oneness of the Lord in my teachings on the Trinity; but I do believe that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct from each other.

I also believe that I understand the doctrine well.

Eph 3:3, How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

see True Trinity. (posts #1-#6).

Reactions: Paul Christensen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All doctrines of devils that teach all that cursed theology ... Galatians 1:8 need not apply.

And there is no such thing as finished work of Christ on the cross
No scripture for that assertion
[/QUOTE]

How would you like it explained?

As the finished "will" of God? "Not my will but thine be done".....which is explaining that Jesus said....."if this cup can pass from me"..
What is the cup?
The Cup is the judgment of God poured out against SIN, on JESUS.. = THe Cross.
So, that is the will of God, or the work that God gave the Son to COMPLETE.... that Christ accepted and completed , that Christ said from the Cross...>"it....this will of God...that i bear the sin of the world, = is FINISHED"..

See that finished? That is the finished work, that God came here to do, on the Cross,... John 3:16

Call it will, call it work, .......its the same.
Its SALVATION.
No water, no sacraments are involved.[/QUOTE]

not even close
The cup refers to the Passover
The sacrifice prefigured the sacrifice of Christ
Christ was celebrating the Passover and changing it into the new covenant Passover in his own body and blood
Began in the last supper with the psalm then to the garden and ended with his death in the cross with the words commanded to be said at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice by the high priest “IT IS FINISHED”!!!

jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Notice the connection to his betrayal and death

1 cor 5:6-8
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast

but something is missing we have to eat the lamb

jn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone has the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of truth) they are being guided into all truth.

That is not to say that they automatically have all of the truth.

We are all being transformed by the renewing of our minds.

The difference between your Catholic religion and what I believe in is that you base your doctrine on documents that are based on the Bible;

Whereas I base my doctrine on the Bible itself.

Ever play the telephone game?

There is a much greater margin of error the further you get away from the source.

have you been instructed by the apostles?
Lk 1:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church isn't the true Church, nor is the True Church founded on the Apostle Peter, it's founded on the greatest rock Jesus Christ. Do you think the Apostle Peter to be greater than Jesus Christ. Jesus is head of the True Church not the Apostle Peter.
Also Do you know what the kingdom of God is? I haven't seen nor do I see anyone except the JW preaching about the kingdom of God. The Catholic Church as well as the other churches have put their hope in the United Nations not the Kingdom of God.

no document on the church and the UN

there is only one new covenant church
Founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
You cannot give authority the keys to a confession but to a person Peter

Jesus is the only king and savior but He ascended to heaven! Problem???
Who’s gonna administer the kingdom?

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only one church! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
Jn 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 22:9

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The queen of heaven in the book of Jeremiah is not identified by Jeremiah as the "false queen of heaven".

She is the "queen of heaven" period.
She must be false if condemned!

so what your saying since Herod is king Christ cannot be king?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will your church stand by me and defend me before the judgement seat of Christ when I shoot someone because they believed a doctrine the church disagrees with and calls heresy?

the church and truth and saints will defend those who are faithful children of God and His body the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For shooting someone? Really?

please read carefully

I said faithful children of God! do you see how easily misconceptions happen???

same as with
Mary mother of God perpetual Virgin queen of heaven and mother of our salvation and our spiritual mother!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain matt 16:18-19

Sure!

6 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus renamed Simon to Peter (petros) which means rock.

then He told this rock that upon the Petra (large rock , ledge, cliff mount) He would build His church. This refers back to Peters Statement that Jesus is the Christ! The church was not built upon Peter as teh gentile chruch was built by Paul and James was the leader of the Jewish wing of the chruch! We are not builtupon Peter, but upon HIs statement that Jesus is the christ!

the church is divine! Cannot be reformed or God did not make it perfect!
Church cannot teach error! Or God is the author of error

Really?? I will give you several error! Limbo! Eating fish on Friday was a mortal sin!. Indulgences! Celibacy! (Bible says bishop must b ehusband of one wife) The Church, the body of Christ is made up of people ergo we will have error in the church. The perfect church is the one with no people in it!

Really
By what authority?
They are not apostles!
Excommunicated heretics do not reform what God has founded!

Neither are popes apostles! To be an apostle, one had to have seen the risen Lord ! The Roman church is just a heretical sect within teh heretical mass called Christendom!

the church is comprised of believers within all denominations that have placed their trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for their salvation.

I had to leave the Roman church or face a Dominican Tribunal for heresy!

The nature of the church is authority in hierarchy producing order!
Unity of the truth (thee faith) and the spirit!

The church derives its authority from the Holy Spirit and through the Word of God! not some hierarchal structure. Any decree or papal BULL that goes against Scripture is to be resisted and fought against as unbiblical and thus against God HImself!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure!

6 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus renamed Simon to Peter (petros) which means rock.

then He told this rock that upon the Petra (large rock , ledge, cliff mount) He would build His church. This refers back to Peters Statement that Jesus is the Christ! The church was not built upon Peter as teh gentile chruch was built by Paul and James was the leader of the Jewish wing of the chruch! We are not builtupon Peter, but upon HIs statement that Jesus is the christ!

(Two churchs? Two new covenants?)
Built on his confession? You give authority seen in the keys to a confession, and not a person?

Really?? I will give you several error! Limbo! Eating fish on Friday was a mortal sin!. Indulgences! Celibacy! (Bible says bishop must b ehusband of one wife) The Church, the body of Christ is made up of people ergo we will have error in the church. The perfect church is the one with no people in it!

Neither are popes apostles! To be an apostle, one had to have seen the risen Lord ! The Roman church is just a heretical sect within teh heretical mass called Christendom!

the church is comprised of believers within all denominations that have placed their trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for their salvation.

I had to leave the Roman church or face a Dominican Tribunal for heresy!

The church derives its authority from the Holy Spirit and through the Word of God! not some hierarchal structure. Any decree or papal BULL that goes against Scripture is to be resisted and fought against as unbiblical and thus against God HImself!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correct! It is sure! Jesus is the christ is the rock and not Peter that the church is built on!

And remember this if the church is without error, why did Paul have to rebuke Peter for withdrawing from the Gentile Christians when the Jewish Christians came to stir up mischief??? Wasn't acting too Popish then!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no document on the church and the UN

there is only one new covenant church
Founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
You cannot give authority the keys to a confession but to a person Peter

Jesus is the only king and savior but He ascended to heaven! Problem???
Who’s gonna administer the kingdom?

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only one church! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
Jn 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 22:9
Yeah yeah people never want to view history concerning the churches. How about you do some history research about when the league of nations first came into being and what the churches said about the league of nations and do the same thing about the United Nations

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! It is sure! Jesus is the christ is the rock and not Peter that the church is built on!

And remember this if the church is without error, why did Paul have to rebuke Peter for withdrawing from the Gentile Christians when the Jewish Christians came to stir up mischief??? Wasn't acting too Popish then!

Peter and Paul not doctrinal error but a matter of discipline

Jesus is the builder
He builds upon the apostles and ot prophets eph2:20 jn 20:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah yeah people never want to view history concerning the churches. How about you do some history research about when the league of nations first came into being and what the churches said about the league of nations and do the same thing about the United Nations

the burden of documentation is yours

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep many accepted them and even formed the Ecumenical Council of Churches. But many sects did not and many people left those denomiations that joined with the UN.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter and Paul not doctrinal error but a matter of discipline

Jesus is the builder
He builds upon the apostles and ot prophets eph2:20 jn 20:21-23

Yes He did. The Apostles WERE the master builders. They set forth the doctrine that the church is to build itself on. The church does not have authoroity to add to or reinterpret SCripture!

but it was a doctrinal error worked out in practice! Peter was showing respecter of persons.