No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarcasm mary saved no man neither has mens religions, you can choose Christ or your religion, and you religion wont save you.
I choose to follow you.....Tell me what you believe about baptism, communion, the Trinity, what it takes to be saved etc. etc. and I will start believing you (a mere man) instead of the men of the CC.....:rolleyes:

Sarcastic Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger,

I agree with you. Historically the tipping point came in the 1960's and 70's. I, along with you, don't like the morale and anti-God degradation our country has fallen into; nativity scenes taken out of public places, Bibles removed here and there, God and prayer taken out, Homosexuality becoming acceptable, Abortion becoming acceptable and protected etc etc

Prior to that, when you allege we were a Christian country, women were not allowed to vote, kids were working in un-safe factories/coal mines, the enslavement of Gods children and our fellow Christians was enforced by law, Jim Crow laws were prevalent etc. etc. You want to go back to that time? That is the "engine" that ran our Country prior to the 60's and 70's. That is when "Christianity was the governing factor" according to your timeline/statement's. You want to go back to that?

If so, I don't agree with that form of Christianity running our Country. Do you?

Propagandist Mary
Oh, quit playing games. No one here was even alive in those days. He just finished telling you the time he wishes for was pre 60's and 70's... not the beginning of the century.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger,

I agree with you. Historically the tipping point came in the 1960's and 70's. I, along with you, don't like the morale and anti-God degradation our country has fallen into; nativity scenes taken out of public places, Bibles removed here and there, God and prayer taken out, Homosexuality becoming acceptable, Abortion becoming acceptable and protected etc etc

Prior to that, when you allege we were a Christian country, women were not allowed to vote, kids were working in un-safe factories/coal mines, the enslavement of Gods children and our fellow Christians was enforced by law, Jim Crow laws were prevalent etc. etc. You want to go back to that time? That is the "engine" that ran our Country prior to the 60's and 70's. That is when "Christianity was the governing factor" according to your timeline/statement's. You want to go back to that?

If so, I don't agree with that form of Christianity running our Country. Do you?

Propagandist Mary

Propagandist Mary

You say you agree with me that the 1960's and 70's were the tipping point of when Christianity was no longer the engine that moved the country. But, you don't want to go back to that time, when Christianity moved the country. Which tells me you like where we are today as opposed to the Christian days.

You keep coming up with many questions for me, yet you never answer the ones I ask you. Why is that elusive Mary? So, please answer my questions in post #(179).

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, quit playing games. No one here was even alive in those days. He just finished telling you the time he wishes for was pre 60's and 70's... not the beginning of the century.
Playing games?? I was alive in the 1960’s and i am sure a few others on this forum were also.

Slavery in this country and the laws that supported it started in the late 1700’s. It didn’t end until the 13th Amendment was passed in 1865.

Women generally didn’t have the right to vot from the 1700’s until 1920.

Throughout the industrial revolution of the 1800’s up into the early 1930’s children worked in factories and coal mines. Child labor laws were passed in the late 1930’s.

Jim Crow laws were in effect up into the 1960’s.

Soooo that roughly covers the first 200 years of our country. Which period of time do YOU think he was talking about that he would like to go back to?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Propagandist Mary

You say you agree with me that the 1960's and 70's were the tipping point of when Christianity was no longer the engine that moved the country. But, you don't want to go back to that time, when Christianity moved the country. Which tells me you like where we are today as opposed to the Christian days.

You keep coming up with many questions for me, yet you never answer the ones I ask you. Why is that elusive Mary? So, please answer my questions in post #(179).

Stranger
I apologize. I never saw post #179 and will respond to it. I believe I had already answered some of those questions but I will answer them again.

Slavery in this country and the laws that supported it started in the late 1700’s. It didn’t end until the 13th Amendment was passed in 1865.

Women generally didn’t have the right to vote from the 1700’s until 1920.

Throughout the industrial revolution of the 1800’s up into the early 1930’s children worked in factories and coal mines. Child labor laws were passed in the late 1930’s.

Soooo that roughly covers the first 200 years of our country. Which period of time would you like to go back to?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you said, 'dont you think the anti-christ would be smarter than that'. Which means you don't agree with me. See your post #(149). You say you agree but you then disagree.

It worries me when you say you agree with me. I feel like I have made a mistake somewhere.

Yet you don't deny it. Or, are you telling me you are conservative and republican? Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election? Did you ever vote for Obama? Are you republican or democrat?

Stranger
Hey kiddo. When you quote someone you should quote the entire sentence otherwise it makes you look dishonest. Just cut and paste and you can’t go wrong.

Here is the QUESTION that I asked YOU: Don’t you not think that the anti-Christ would be smarter than that? It should have said “Do” instead of “Don’t”.....dang autospeller :mad:

The point is I was asking you a QUESTION. I was NOT making a STATEMENT which is how you took it and made it look when you IMPROPERLY quoted me. Please don’t do that again.

I vote Republican because they are the closest to my conservative/libertarian beliefs. If I lived in Kentucky I would vote for Rand Paul over any Republican. I voted for Trump but was hoping Ted Cruz would have gotten the Republican nomination. I doubt a Libertarian would ever get enough votes in the primary so I settle for 2nd best option.

I would NEVER vote for Obama and can’t figure out why anyone did.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog ..did you even WATCH the four minute little video clip on my post number #197 ????

This below is just a TV clip only about 4 1/2 mins long......BUT...it proves how stupid polls are..for those who are foolish enough to BELIEVE them!!

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Playing games?? I was alive in the 1960’s and i am sure a few others on this forum were also.

Women generally didn’t have the right to vot from the 1700’s until 1920.

Soooo that roughly covers the first 200 years of our country. Which period of time do YOU think he was talking about that he would like to go back to?

Curious Mary
I think you will find that the few Jim Crow laws left ended in the 50's

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I choose to follow you.....Tell me what you believe about baptism, communion, the Trinity, what it takes to be saved etc. etc. and I will start believing you (a mere man) instead of the men of the CC.....:rolleyes:

Sarcastic Mary
Nah you just plead stupidity and arrogance, what was it Christ said,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Thank God that He is so patient with arrogant man.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sarcastic Mary
Oh I missed that the mere men who are the CC ye spot on..:D

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize. I never saw post #179 and will respond to it. I believe I had already answered some of those questions but I will answer them again.

Women generally didn’t have the right to vote from the 1700’s until 1920.

Soooo that roughly covers the first 200 years of our country. Which period of time would you like to go back to?

Curious Mary

Propagandist Mary

I have told you. Back when the Country was Christian.

Are you saying you would rather the country not be Christian?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey kiddo. When you quote someone you should quote the entire sentence otherwise it makes you look dishonest. Just cut and paste and you can’t go wrong.

Here is the QUESTION that I asked YOU: Don’t you not think that the anti-Christ would be smarter than that? It should have said “Do” instead of “Don’t”.....dang autospeller :mad:

The point is I was asking you a QUESTION. I was NOT making a STATEMENT which is how you took it and made it look when you IMPROPERLY quoted me. Please don’t do that again.

I vote Republican because they are the closest to my conservative/libertarian beliefs. If I lived in Kentucky I would vote for Rand Paul over any Republican. I voted for Trump but was hoping Ted Cruz would have gotten the Republican nomination. I doubt a Libertarian would ever get enough votes in the primary so I settle for 2nd best option.

I would NEVER vote for Obama and can’t figure out why anyone did.

Mary

If you are referring to post #(170) I wasn't trying to quote you. I just said what you said. There was no dishonesty there. The phrase I was referring to was the one in question. I understood exactly what you meant by it. And the inference is that you did not agree. It doesn't matter that it was a question.

Glad to hear it.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog ..did you even WATCH the four minute little video clip on my post number #197 ????
I did watch it. The one you provided was a little over 2 minutes....not four minutes. Did you provide the right one?

It changes NOTHING I have said.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you will find that the few Jim Crow laws left ended in the 50's
Hi,

You dodged the question.

Which period of time do YOU think he (Strnager) was talking about that he would like to go back to?

Patient Mary

PS....It wasn't until 2005 when Gov. Sonny Perdue signed a set of bills that erased the last vestiges of Georgia’s segregation-era “Jim Crow” laws.

Historical Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah you just plead stupidity and arrogance, what was it Christ said,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Thank God that He is so patient with arrogant man.
Jesus was talking to and speaking of the Jews who were dishonoring him at that time. If you knew Scripture you would know that. But since you don't know Scripture you didn't know that.

Sooooo since you made such a stupid comment I will allow you to "plead stupidity" in this case since the quote from Scripture you gave has NOTHING to do with me or my ilk.

Bible Study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Propagandist Mary

I have told you. Back when the Country was Christian.

Are you saying you would rather the country not be Christian?

Stranger
Hi dodgeball. You didn't answer the question. Which period of time would you like to go back to?

When you answer my question I will answer yours.....;)

Propagandist and Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are referring to post #(170) I wasn't trying to quote you. I just said what you said. There was no dishonesty there. The phrase I was referring to was the one in question. I understood exactly what you meant by it. And the inference is that you did not agree. It doesn't matter that it was a question.

Glad to hear it.

Stranger
Nope, not talking about post #170....that is YOUR post. I am talking about MY post (#149) of which you quoted.

You put an apostrophe at the beginning and the end of my question from post #149. The apostrophe is the character that is used for closing single quotation mark. Therefor you (mis)QUOTED me since you DID NOT include the question mark at the end. You should have been taught this in school. :(

Since you IN FACT did NOT say what I said and you keep defending yourself when the evidence of your dishonesty is still visible that makes you dishonest.

I am happy that I was able to make you "glad" :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found the mid 50's to 60 to be the most "Christian"-leaning times I was alive to remember.

Actually, most of the "Jim Crow" laws were considered very Biblical because they were primarily against the mixing of any races (as most of the old Scriptures taught), and many of the people who also followed (and still do follow) much of the OT laws, sincerely believed they were legitimately continuing God's wishes as put down in many, many Scriptures. Even Blacks felt Blacks should not marry or socialize with Whites. And that is all that the laws of that era were meant to ensure. (Don't forget many of the later Jim Crow laws were aimed at many other races too, especially Asian.... due to the war.)

We have the benefit, however dubious and doubtfully advantageous that may be, of being able to look back and blissfully declare how barbaric those times were.

But, bear in mind that those people who will be living two hundred years from now will probably look back at things we, today, swear by and defend as "righteous" and also declare us as Barbarians lost in ignorance.

And going even farther into the future, the people living 500 years from now will likely dump ALL of us into the same pot of sick, despicable and depraved heretics. (And it goes on... and on…)

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi dodgeball. You didn't answer the question. Which period of time would you like to go back to?

When you answer my question I will answer yours.....;)

Propagandist and Patient Mary

I told you. Back when the country was Christian. You asked when that was and I told you the tipping point was in the 1960's and 70's.

Guess what? Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. Does that mean I want to go back to that. No. I want to go back when the country was Christian.

I realize you're wanting to make hay with your propaganda, but I have already given you my answer. How about the Bay of Pigs or Vietnam? Do I want to go back to that? No. But I want to go back when the country was Christian.

Quantrill

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not talking about post #170....that is YOUR post. I am talking about MY post (#149) of which you quoted.

You put an apostrophe at the beginning and the end of my question from post #149. The apostrophe is the character that is used for closing single quotation mark. Therefor you (mis)QUOTED me since you DID NOT include the question mark at the end. You should have been taught this in school. :(

Since you IN FACT did NOT say what I said and you keep defending yourself when the evidence of your dishonesty is still visible that makes you dishonest.

I am happy that I was able to make you "glad" :)

What post are you talking about where I put an apostrophe for your statement? You say it is not #(170). Ok, which post is it.

P.S. You must be talking about post #(179). Is that correct. Would have been helpful if you gave the reference.

I included what you said in the quote. I didn't misquote. It definitely was a question. Big deal. That changed nothing. The inference was that you disagreed. What I quoted was what you said. There was no dishonesty.

You're reaching Mary.

Quantrill

Last edited: