Nondenominational Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denominations represent divisions within Christendom, but have no biblical basis. Had the Greek Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church adhered strictly to Bible doctrine, there would have been no divisions. At the same time, we must recognize that because there are both wheat and tares within Christendom, divisions are inevitable.

What non-denominational churches have to focus on is whether or not they will adhere to the New Testament pattern is all things. Which is easier said than done. For example, if they resort to modern bible versions they have already lost territory to the Enemy and will be subject to spiritual confusion. Unfortunately, too many non-denominational churches have abandoned the King James Bible, and CoreIssue is a good example of a non-denominational Christian who reviles this tried and tested Bible instead of holding to it tenaciously.
You had to go and spoil our harmony.

I already pointed out the King James version has a ton of errors. That it was written in the 1500's, not BC or the very early church. That it is based on Catholicism.

Genesis says became not was.

The Jews celebrated Passover, not Easter. Easter was a Catholic invention borrowed from the worship of Ishtar.

It added words to the Bible. It added the Apocrypha.

So, you keep posting KJV errors and I'll keep correcting you.

The KJV?????? Let me always see God this way instead:

Psalm 23 The Passion Translation (TPT)
The Good Shepherd
23 David’s poetic praise to God >[a]
1 The Lord is my best friend and my shepherd. >[b]
I always have more than enough.
2 He offers a resting place for me in his luxurious love. >[c]
His tracks take me to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss.
3 That’s where he restores and revives my life. >[d]
He opens before me pathways to God’s pleasure
and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness >[e]
so that I can bring honor to his name.
4 Lord, even when your path takes me through
the valley of deepest darkness,
fear will never conquer me, for you already have!
You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way.
Your authority is my strength and my peace. >[f]
The comfort of your love takes away my fear.
I’ll never be lonely, for you are near.
5 You become my delicious feast
even when my enemies dare to fight.
You anoint me with the fragrance of your Holy Spirit; >[g]
you give me all I can drink of you until my heart overflows.
6 So why would I fear the future?
For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life.
Then afterward, when my life is through,
I’ll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you!

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 23:1 Most scholars conclude that Ps. 23 was written by David when he was a young shepherd serving his father, Jesse, while he was keeping watch over sheep near Bethlehem. He was most likely sixteen or seventeen years old. The other psalm that he wrote when but a young lad was Ps. 19. Those are two good psalms to memorize and meditate upon if you want to have the heart of the giant killer.
  2. Psalm 23:1 The word most commonly used for “shepherd” is ra‘ah, which is also the Hebrew word for “best friend.” The translation includes both meanings.
  3. Psalm 23:2 The Greek word for “love” is agape, which is a merging of two words and two concepts. Ago means “to lead like a shepherd,” and pao is a verb that means “to rest.” Love is our Shepherd leading us to the place of true rest in his heart.
  4. Psalm 23:3 Or “He causes my life [or soul, Heb. nephesh] to return.” So often life drains out of us through our many activities, but David found that God restores our well-being by pursuing what pleases God and resting in him.
  5. Psalm 23:3 Or “circular paths of righteousness.” It is a common trait for sheep on the hillsides of Israel to circle their way up higher. They eventually form a path that keeps leading them higher. This is what David is referring to here. Each step we take following our Shepherd will lead us higher, even though it may seem we are going in circles.
  6. Psalm 23:4 Or “Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
  7. Psalm 23:5 The word oil becomes a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

Many use the King James version because it is so poetic. Others because it is one of the oldest print versions out there.

But that does not change the reality of Easter and the apocrypha in the original. Or that today you cannot read the original archaic English.

The authors never claimed it was the one and only Bible. A very modern day claim.

Here is the original KJV:

King James Bible

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions.” (Colossians 1:24) (NASB95)
ya, i don't see "Christendom" in there anywhere bro, sorry; what i do see is a good reason for you to stop calling that mortgaged building you are prolly in right now with alla them 'pastors' done signed Contracts for Jesus all worshipping Zeus "Church," bc it isn't, ok. Church is doing just great without Christendom imo

D

Dave L

ya, i don't see "Christendom" in there anywhere bro, sorry; what i do see is a good reason for you to stop calling that mortgaged building you are prolly in right now with alla them 'pastors' done signed Contracts for Jesus all worshipping Zeus "Church," bc it isn't, ok
Church = all believers = all believers in the world = all believers in Christendom

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

i'll let you define it Dave, but fwiw i certainly do not agree, and Scripture does not either, in many, many places
But how does scripture say the church (Christendom, the worldwide body or society of Christians) is not the body of Christ?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i don't see "Christendom" in there anywhere bro, sorry; what i do see is a good reason for you to stop calling that mortgaged building you are prolly in right now with alla them 'pastors' done signed Contracts for Jesus all worshipping Zeus "Church," bc it isn't, ok. Church is doing just great without Christendom imo

Christendom is what both the Papacy and Protestantism declare erroneously as the Christian nations of this world, but which in truth are nothing more that parts of the "kingdoms of this world", part of Babylon the Great.

The true Church is not part of Christendom (the nominal church), they have been called to come out of Babylon.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But how does scripture say the church (Christendom, the worldwide body or society of Christians) is not the body of Christ?
Enoch was not a Christian, Melchizedek was not, the Good Samaritan was not, Jesus was not, the Roman Centurion was not
none of those in my signature v are, either, or else they would be Israel
imo

so imo you have chosen a definition of "Church" that...will betray you, ok
Church is not a place of mortgaged buildings and "pastors" who sign Contracts for Jesus to get financial considerations,
regardless of how strongly anyone believes that to be true

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 15:26-28
[26] But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
[27] And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
[28] Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

her daughter was not, see, yet she was "saved" from that very hour

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 15:26-28
[26] But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
[27] And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
[28] Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

her daughter was not, see, yet she was "saved" from that very hour

Healed, not save.

Christ recognized her mother's faith and granted her mother's request. Nothing to do with the quality of the daughter.

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Healed, not save.
you can do that if you like, accept the definitions that others have given you,
and being as how you paid well for this understanding i am not inclined to argue, ok,
but after all we can both find "healed" in the orig term used for "saved" too,
and i suggest the semantics difference is an installed one,
that will nonetheless not serve you @ at the other examples anyway
Strong's Greek: 4982. σώζω (sózó) -- to save

obv the girl was "preserved, healed, rescued" right

Reactions: Willie T

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can do that if you like, accept the definitions that others have given you,
and being as how you paid well for this understanding i am not inclined to argue, ok,
but after all we can both find "healed" in the orig term used for "saved" too,
and i suggest the semantics difference is an installed one,
that will nonetheless not serve you @ at the other examples anyway

Context determines the usage. Here it is healed.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 5:23
King James Bible
Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? (Jesus' very own words)

Did she go home praising Christ?Was she saved? We do not know.

She was demon possessed. Was the man? We do not know.

Christ healed the girl because of the faith of the mother. He healed the man as a sign to the Pharisees.

Being demon possessed she was caused to do harm to herself, which was healed.

Casting out a demon is not healing.

Different context.

22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, “Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23 Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 24 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 25 Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. 26 Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, “We have seen remarkable things today.”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I already pointed out the King James version has a ton of errors. That it was written in the 1500's, not BC or the very early church. That it is based on Catholicism.
And I already REFUTED this nonsense a couple of times, but you continue to post such foolishness.
That is your opinion if you are referring to Gen 1:2. All translations say "was", so obviously your opinion is just that.
New International Version
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
English Standard Version
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
New American Standard Bible
The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
King James Bible
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
International Standard Version
When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters,
Jubilee Bible 2000
And the earth was without order, and empty; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
American Standard Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
English Revised Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Jews celebrated Passover, not Easter. Easter was a Catholic invention borrowed from the worship of Ishtar.

Whatever was the origin of Easter, by 1611 it was AN ESTABLISHED CHRISTIAN FESTIVAL which corresponded to Pascha (Passover + Unleavened Bread). It was no doubt an interpretation rather than a strict translation of Pascha, but all the modern versions a chock full of interpretations worse than this.
It added words to the Bible.
The added words were ALL IN ITALICS to show the reader what was added to help understand the Bible. That is because frequently there is no exact equivalence between Hebrew and English or Greek and English.
It added the Apocrypha.
The Apocrypha was placed between the Old and New Testaments in the original KJV, but the Preface made it clear that this was not Scripture. Later on the Apocrypha was excluded.
The well-informed and wise Christian will see that you are FULL OF HOT AIR. Keep posting your nonsense.[/quote]

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I"M A CATHOLIC!
No, I quit that when I was 16.
I"M A PROTESTANT, whatever that means.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!
And I go to church to serve God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I already REFUTED this nonsense a couple of times, but you continue to post such foolishness.

That is your opinion if you are referring to Gen 1:2. All translations say "was", so obviously your opinion is just that.
New International Version
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
English Standard Version
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
New American Standard Bible
The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
King James Bible
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
International Standard Version
When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters,
Jubilee Bible 2000
And the earth was without order, and empty; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
American Standard Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
English Revised Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Whatever was the origin of Easter, by 1611 it was AN ESTABLISHED CHRISTIAN FESTIVAL which corresponded to Pascha (Passover + Unleavened Bread). It was no doubt an interpretation rather than a strict translation of Pascha, but all the modern versions a chock full of interpretations worse than this.

The added words were ALL IN ITALICS to show the reader what was added to help understand the Bible. That is because frequently there is no exact equivalence between Hebrew and English or Greek and English.

The Apocrypha was placed between the Old and New Testaments in the original KJV, but the Preface made it clear that this was not Scripture. Later on the Apocrypha was excluded.

The well-informed and wise Christian will see that you are FULL OF HOT AIR. Keep posting your nonsense.
[/QUOTE]

There's nothing Christian about Easter or Christmas. Neither belong in the Bible because their pagan. And they are error.

But at least you admit the textus receptus is a corrupt Catholic manuscript invented in the 1500s A.D..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had to go and spoil our harmony.
It added words to the Bible. It added the Apocrypha.

Many use the King James version because it is so poetic. Others because it is one of the oldest print versions out there.
But that does not change the reality of Easter and the apocrypha in the original. Or that today you cannot read the original archaic English.
The authors never claimed it was the one and only Bible. A very modern day claim.
Here is the original KJV:

King James Bible
This post is filled with so much ignorance it’s difficult to know just where to begin . . .

Let’s start with this “Easter/Ishtar” manure. It is based on the uneducated and idiotic rantings of Alexander Hislop, whose Book “The Two Babylons” has been debunked and exposed by Catholic as well as Protestant scholars. As a matter of fact – one of Hislop’s staunchest adherents, Ralph Woodrow wrote his own book based on his mentor’s rubbish called “The Babylon connection”. When doing some actual research for a follow-up book, he discovered to his horror that Hislop was a fraud and made up MOST of what he wrote because of his hatred of the Catholic Church – and NOTHING else.
Woodrow now runs a website apologizing for having written his book and sets the record straight.

I guess the easiest way to begin the debunking of this nonsense is to destroy the imbecilic notion that English is the main language of EVERY culture. Let me assure you – it is NOT. “Easter” is an English word, whereas, other cultures base their word for that day on the LATIN word “Pascha.” In Greek, it is “Pascha”, in French, it is “Pâques”, in Spanish, “Pascua” and so on.

According to historian Nicholas Sayers from his article “Why We Should Not Passover Easter”, he states:
“Our word Easter is of Saxon origin and of precisely the same import with its German cognate Ostern. The latter is derived from the old Teutonic form of auferstehen / auferstehung, that is - RESURRECTION.”

So, next time – do your LINGUISTIC HOMEWORK instead of embarrassing yourself any further with these inane accusations . . .

As to your use of the word “Apocrypha” when referring to the Deuterocanonical Books in the original KJV – the 7 Deuterocanonical Books, along with portions of Daniel and Esther were in the OPEN Jewish Canon of Scripture that Jesus and the NT writers studied from. In fact – there are some 200 quotes, references and allusions to these Books on the pages of the New Testament. They weren’t removed until LONG AFTER Jesus ascended to the Father and the Temple was destroyed.

So – the OT Canon that YOU adhere to is a POST-Christ, POST-Temple canon of Scripture that was heavily-edited by the very people who rejected Him.
Congratulations . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post is filled with so much ignorance it’s difficult to know just where to begin . . .

Let’s start with this “Easter/Ishtar” manure. It is based on the uneducated and idiotic rantings of Alexander Hislop, whose Book “The Two Babylons” has been debunked and exposed by Catholic as well as Protestant scholars. As a matter of fact – one of Hislop’s staunchest adherents, Ralph Woodrow wrote his own book based on his mentor’s rubbish called “The Babylon connection”. When doing some actual research for a follow-up book, he discovered to his horror that Hislop was a fraud and made up MOST of what he wrote because of his hatred of the Catholic Church – and NOTHING else.
Woodrow now runs a website apologizing for having written his book and sets the record straight.

I guess the easiest way to begin the debunking of this nonsense is to destroy the imbecilic notion that English is the main language of EVERY culture. Let me assure you – it is NOT. “Easter” is an English word, whereas, other cultures base their word for that day on the LATIN word “Pascha.” In Greek, it is “Pascha”, in French, it is “Pâques”, in Spanish, “Pascua” and so on.

According to historian Nicholas Sayers from his article “Why We Should Not Passover Easter”, he states:
“Our word Easter is of Saxon origin and of precisely the same import with its German cognate Ostern. The latter is derived from the old Teutonic form of auferstehen / auferstehung, that is - RESURRECTION.”

So, next time – do your LINGUISTIC HOMEWORK instead of embarrassing yourself any further with these inane accusations . . .

As to your use of the word “Apocrypha” when referring to the Deuterocanonical Books in the original KJV – the 7 Deuterocanonical Books, along with portions of Daniel and Esther were in the OPEN Jewish Canon of Scripture that Jesus and the NT writers studied from. In fact – there are some 200 quotes, references and allusions to these Books on the pages of the New Testament. They weren’t removed until LONG AFTER Jesus ascended to the Father and the Temple was destroyed.

So – the OT Canon that YOU adhere to is a POST-Christ, POST-Temple canon of Scripture that was heavily-edited by the very people who rejected Him.
Congratulations . . .

Easter was added to the Bible by Catholics. It was not in the originals and Israel never celebrated, ever.

I really don't care what the Catholics try to call the books of the Apocrypha to make them sound more acceptable. They are still Gnostic.

The books of Esther and Daniel are not Gnostic and are in the Bible.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi