• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is any of those reference different than the believing that demons do ? They believe, and shudder in terror, knowing their judgment is certain and soon.
Same with some people - they believe, and might be afraid like m.theresa was, always, or might be non-chalant about everything , not knowing that they are doomed ?

There is a nominal, shallow, or lukewarm faith that will fall away when tested (Luke 8:13).

But there is also a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14) that is unto everlasting life (John 6:47)....life that will never end.

Reactions: Joseph77

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a kind of example , perhaps:
A successful healer told people after testing them what to do to be healed. In particular instances, take vitamin A. Testing showed that they were severely deficient.
Those people who had faith in him, who believed him, and who took vitamin A recovered their health perfectly - no problems.
Those people who had faith in him, who believed him, but they did not take vitamin A, got sicker and died.

Whose works saved them from dying - whose works restored their health ?

Even with faith in him, even believing him, those who did not do as he said perished, just as they were told would happen ....
I would say that the people whose actions didn't follow their faith did not have the kind of faith that would avail for them.

If they truly believed him; and also wanted the benefits that he offered: they would avail themselves of the means by which he offered healing.

Just as with any conditional promise in holy scripture....if you do not fulfill the condition, you will not receive the promise, although you may (say that you) believe that the promise is valid.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1. We DO have sin...we have sin every time we sin. We are not sinless.

Jesus has your sin, all.
If Jesus didn't have your sin, you would not be born again.
See, you can't be the "righteousness of God in Christ, AND have sin.
Unbelievers have sin.
Jesus has yours.

The way that Jesus has your sin, is by paying for them all.
You can't '""Have" what is removed ALREADY by the Blood of Jesus.

The Blood of Jesus and the Cross, removed your sin 2000 yrs ago.
Todays, and tomorrows.

A heretic says..."well Jesus removed your Past sin".

A heretic is told..>"all your sin is instantly in the past, as soon as you do it".

A heretic says...'WELL what about those i will do tomorrow".

A heretic is told...>"The blood of Jesus has paid for all your sin".

Colossians 2:13 "All".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Gal 3:22, But the scripture hath concluded all
(including the redeemed) under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

In this last verse, it is a trustworthy saying that "I" am the chief of sinners; as each person adopts this saying for their own lives.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there is

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A heretic is told "Be Gone From Me, I never knew you" or something similar,

because as Jesus Says, unless you repent, you will likewise perish.

i.e. the punishment is already certain - they are condemned for their unbelief already today, while alive.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A heretic is told "Be Gone From Me, I never knew you" or something similar,

because as Jesus Says, unless you repent, you will likewise perish.

i.e. the punishment is already certain - they are condemned for their unbelief already today, while alive.
Is any of those reference different than the believing that demons do ? They believe, and shudder in terror, knowing their judgment is certain and soon.
Same with some people - they believe, and might be afraid like m.theresa was, always, or might be non-chalant about everything , not knowing that they are doomed ?
Yes..Even the demons believe-and [even they] tremble!