Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that everyone without exception shall not be saved so Christ didn't die for all without exception
That is categorically false.

Christ died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2) and gave Himself as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6).

The exclusivity of the gospel is in that a man must place his faith in Christ in order to appropriate His shed blood...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm one...
You preach this to unbelieving Gentiles?
Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NKJV)
6 "If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies,

Wow, I bet that brings a lot of Gentiles to Christ.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is categorically false.

Christ died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2) and gave Himself as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6).

The exclusivity of the gospel is in that a man must place his faith in Christ in order to appropriate His shed blood...
Those Christ died for shall be made righteous Rom 5:19

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 "If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies,
I haven't yet preached this passage because I haven't studied it out.

I spend the majority of my time in the New Testament.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow, I bet that brings a lot of Gentiles to Christ.
I think that the NT application of this passage is that those who seek to win believers to other gods will have their part in the lake of fire.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You spend the majority of your time in the NT when you stated the Law leads Gentiles to Jesus?
Where else would I learn that the law leads Gentiles to Jesus, except the New Testament? (Psalms 19:7 (kjv) also...)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where else would I learn that the law leads Gentiles to Jesus, except the New Testament? (Psalms 19:7 (kjv) also...)
Psalm 147:19-20 (NKJV)
19 He declares His word to Jacob, His statutes and His judgments to Israel. 20 He has not dealt thus with any nation; And as for His judgments, they have not known them.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 147:19-20 (NKJV)
19 He declares His word to Jacob, His statutes and His judgments to Israel. 20 He has not dealt thus with any nation; And as for His judgments, they have not known them.
Israel was to relate God's law to the other nations.

next............

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed.
Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;

Again, you have quoted only half a verse.

Here is a full passage:

Jas 1:22, But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23, For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24, For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25, But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

No Scripture!

There is a scripture on that, but I have to admit that I am a loss because I do not have it memorized...I only heard the concept sitting in church.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a different scripture. Those Christ died for will be given faith. Also they shall be made righteous by His obedience Rom 5 19
It remains that those who do not have faith, Christ did not die for them.

He did die for them; but they did not appropriate His death unto the forgiveness of their sins.

So it is as though He didn't die for them.

Now I'm starting to sound like Sleepy Joe...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you have quoted only half a verse.

Here is a full passage:

Jas 1:22, But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23, For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24, For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25, But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

There is a scripture on that, but I have to admit that I am a loss because I do not have it memorized...I only heard the concept sitting in church.
None of that means were are under the Law of Moses. Are you not familiar with the curse of the Law? You're an evangelist? You don't keep the Law of Moses. Don't you think it quite hypocritical to preach it and not do it?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that means were are under the Law of Moses. Are you not familiar with the curse? You're an evangelist?
Believers are not under the law of Moses (Romans 6:14).

Unbelieving Jews and Gentiles are (Romans 3:9-19, Galatians 3:23, Romans 3:19-20).

Yes I consider myself to be an evangelist; and people in my church have affirmed that this is what I am.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are not under the law of Moses (Romans 6:14).

Unbelieving Jews and Gentiles are (Romans 3:9-19, Galatians 3:23, Romans 3:19-20).

Yes I consider myself to be an evangelist; and people in my church have affirmed that this is what I am.
You preach the Law of Moses and don't obey the Law of Moses. How is that not HYPOCRISY?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, believers, while we are not under the law, do have the law written in our hearts and on our minds (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 5:5).

Last edited: