Now Faith Is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. - Ephesians 3:12.

-- Pointing out in Ephesians 3:12, the boldness that is in Christ. In Christ, in Him, in His life is the boldness. And recognize Christ is the bold one --

Don't be too brash to set aside the boldness of the faith of the Son of God! His life in you - it is the only faith and life you have. It is not your boldness.. it is Christ in you. It is not the faith given to every man to bring them to believe. He is the only bold one because he is the only life!

How do we make statements like that and other bold statements of scripture - by Christ in you! Scripture is outspoken, scripture leaves nothing untouched. It delves into the heart of man to confront the heart and mind of that man. It will divide a man from what is, and what is not.

If we look at world religion and world Christianity - honestly. And not come to a conclusion men have missed the mark of the high calling - we are not being honest. We are not being honest with ourselves! We are just thinking by the scripture - surely this will work out somehow. It doesn't work out.. it only gets worse. Men shall wax worse and worse.

Religion is another government that feels they will help the people.. by they're terms. What have you determined. Have you determined another way of helps, or do you see the only way for life to be lived in this world now - not the sweet by and by - but now. If we do not see it - we have determined another way!

Are you glad God would wink at the ignorance of man. We should be very glad! If I was held to my ignorance and things I did in religion and my way of doing things - it is a miracle that God didn't strike me dead.

If Christ is in a believer, what do we think he is doing there. Is he just along for the ride! Is he just an add on to my religion. When God birthed his only begotten Son in me to be my life - what was I to to with that.

Those are serious questions that will be dealt with one day Paul said by my gospel. By my gospel shall God judge you. We will stand before the father giving an explanation of what I did with his Son in me.

This son that was crucified with him - what did you do with him. Do you see it is nolonger you that lives - but Christ that lives in you. When he died you died. And it is him that does the living now. Only him - if scripture reads true the life you think you have is the same life (in mind) you had before the new birth you think. That should roll around in the believer to see where they fit!

Is it Christ now living, or is it you. Choose what it is. In your mind what life is coming from this new creature. The two being one. If you're mind is not one and compatible with Christ in you, it is still you trying to live some kind of life. At that point it is the separated life. In mind there has not been that connection. It is still just a you you living. Adam! dead Adam! Crucified Adam!

Now faith is!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

Hello there,

Faith is simply believing what God has said in His Word, concerning the person and work of His Only Begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ: and trusting Him to keep His promises; such as the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus, and the imputation of His righteousness unto us who believe; who are trusting in Him for salvation through faith in the all-sufficiency of the sacrifice of His Son; Who took the penalty of our sin upon Himself and died in our place. That we may have our sins forgiven, and receive the gift of life, in Him: and, 'The Spirit of Sonship', whereby we can call the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 'Father', too.

God reckons that we have died with Christ, been buried, quickened and raised with Christ, and with Him have ascended to God's right hand in the heavenlies, where we await His appearing. For when He, Who is our Life, shall appear, then we too (His Body) will appear with Him (our Head), in resurrection glory.

* This is the faith of God: in Christ; and we 'in Him'.

Praise God! - One in Him.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

Hello again,

Do you all remember the story that is told about Charles Blondin, the famous French man? Who crossed the gorge of the Niagara falls on a tightrope in 1859. This story was always used to describe faith, saying that it was one thing to say you believed that he could do it, but quite another to be one of those who got in his wheelbarrow, or on to his back, and went across with him. That was the mark of true faith!

In the past, and maybe yet again in the future, believers on the Lord Jesus Christ, may be required to make their stand and defend, against formidable odds, the faith that they hold, I wonder how many will be willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice, like those described in Revelation, who will be beheaded for the word of God, and the testimony of Christ during the great tribulation, in the face of the Beast and the False Prophet. Such faithfulness will be rewarded by reigning with Christ for 1,000 years.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

Hello again,

Do you all remember the story that is told about Charles Blondin, the famous French man? Who crossed the gorge of the Niagara falls on a tightrope in 1859. This story was always used to describe faith, saying that it was one thing to say you believed that he could do it, but quite another to be one of those who got in his wheelbarrow, or on to his back, and went across with him. That was the mark of true faith!

In the past, and maybe yet again in the future, believers on the Lord Jesus Christ, may be required to make their stand and defend, against formidable odds, the faith that they hold, I wonder how many will be willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice, like those described in Revelation, who will be beheaded for the word of God, and the testimony of Christ during the great tribulation, in the face of the Beast and the False Prophet. Such faithfulness will be rewarded by reigning with Christ for 1,000 years.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
OK, but I'm not getting in a wheel borrow :) Yes faith is difficult when we are tried near death. At least that is what I have found. God has blessed me with peace when I have been near death to avoid said death. But there have been other times that I have been very worried. And eventually the Lord blesses me with peace.

Reactions: charity

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

Hello again,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I relate to this picture.
233684525_190356669813115_1529946124138569980_n.jpg

I hope that when martyred, I will be brave and honor the Lord.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. - Ephesians 3:12.

-- Pointing out in Ephesians 3:12, the boldness that is in Christ. In Christ, in Him, in His life is the boldness. And recognize Christ is the bold one --

Don't be too brash to set aside the boldness of the faith of the Son of God! His life in you - it is the only faith and life you have. It is not your boldness.. it is Christ in you. It is not the faith given to every man to bring them to believe. He is the only bold one because he is the only life!

How do we make statements like that and other bold statements of scripture - by Christ in you! Scripture is outspoken, scripture leaves nothing untouched. It delves into the heart of man to confront the heart and mind of that man. It will divide a man from what is, and what is not.

If we look at world religion and world Christianity - honestly. And not come to a conclusion men have missed the mark of the high calling - we are not being honest. We are not being honest with ourselves! We are just thinking by the scripture - surely this will work out somehow. It doesn't work out.. it only gets worse. Men shall wax worse and worse.

Religion is another government that feels they will help the people.. by they're terms. What have you determined. Have you determined another way of helps, or do you see the only way for life to be lived in this world now - not the sweet by and by - but now. If we do not see it - we have determined another way!

Are you glad God would wink at the ignorance of man. We should be very glad! If I was held to my ignorance and things I did in religion and my way of doing things - it is a miracle that God didn't strike me dead.

If Christ is in a believer, what do we think he is doing there. Is he just along for the ride! Is he just an add on to my religion. When God birthed his only begotten Son in me to be my life - what was I to to with that.

Those are serious questions that will be dealt with one day Paul said by my gospel. By my gospel shall God judge you. We will stand before the father giving an explanation of what I did with his Son in me.

This son that was crucified with him - what did you do with him. Do you see it is no longer you that lives - but Christ that lives in you. When he died you died. And it is him that does the living now. Only him - if scripture reads true the life you think you have is the same life (in mind) you had before the new birth you think. That should roll around in the believer to see where they fit!

Is it Christ now living, or is it you. Choose what it is. In your mind what life is coming from this new creature. The two being one. If you're mind is not one and compatible with Christ in you, it is still you trying to live some kind of life. At that point it is the separated life. In mind there has not been that connection. It is still just a you you living. Adam! dead Adam! Crucified Adam!

Now faith is!
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

'In whom we have boldness
and access with confidence
by the faith of Him.'

(Eph 3:12)

Hello @soul man (& Co.,)

Forgive me for not paying sufficient attention. For I now see what the OP was working towards: and realise that it is not our faith in Him that is the subject, but 'the faith of Him'. His faith working out in us.

It is God Who has 'reckoned' us to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto Him. It is He who has 'reckoned' us to have died with Christ, been buried, quickened and raised with Him, and to have ascended 'in Him' to God's right hand. It is God Who, in His foreknowledge, did this reckoning of faith. What is required of us now, is to mirror that same 'reckoning' of faith, in our own 'reckoning' (eg., Romans 6:11), and living in the light of it, by acknowledging the truth of it to ourselves, and in our witness before men, and manner of life.

We are lifted far above all principality, power, might and dominion and every name that is named in Christ Jesus. We who were 'far off' Gentiles, enemies of God, who had no hope, are now raised and seated with Christ, in spirit, awaiting that day when He shall 'appear' in glory, when we too will appear with Him there, and 'in Him' enter into His inheritance, as God's own inheritance in the heavenlies.

The hosts of heaven are witnessing the manifold wisdom of God in this wondrous grace being exhibited before their eyes now (Ephesians 3:8-11). How astonished they must be that we are being so wonderfully blessed in this way!

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man
@mailmandan
@devin553344
@Truman

'In whom we have boldness
and access with confidence
by the faith of Him.'

(Eph 3:12)

Hello @soul man (& Co.,)

Forgive me for not paying sufficient attention. For I now see what the OP was working towards: and realise that it is not our faith in Him that is the subject, but 'the faith of Him'. His faith working out in us.

It is He Who has 'reckoned' us to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto Him. It is He who has 'reckoned' us to have died with Christ, been buried, quickened and raised with Him, and to have ascended 'in Him' to God's right hand. It is God Who, in His foreknowledge, did this reckoning of faith. What is required of us now, is to mirror that same 'reckoning' of faith, in our own 'reckoning' (eg., Romans 6:11), and living in the light of it, by acknowledging the truth of it to ourselves, and in our witness before men, and manner of life.

We are lifted far above all principality, power, might and dominion and every name that is named in Christ Jesus. We who were 'far off' Gentiles, enemies of God, who had no hope, are now raised and seated with Christ, in spirit, awaiting that day when He shall 'appear' in glory, when we too will appear with Him there, and 'in Him' enter into His inheritance, as God's own inheritance in the heavenlies.

The hosts of heaven are witnessing the manifold wisdom of God in this wondrous grace being exhibited before their eyes now (Ephesians 3:8-11). How astonished they must be that we are being so wonderfully blessed in this way!

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Good word sis. Who could hold anything against God's elect :) forgive me.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.'

(Heb 11:1)

Hello @soul man, (& @mailmandan who quoted this verse in reply#2)

In my Bible study this evening I have had occasion to look at the verse (above) from Hebrews, concerning the words of Ephesians 1:18, 'the hope of His calling', which cannot be severed from the faith, or things believed. The things believed being the revelation made in Ephesians 1:3-14, which received 'the seal' and 'the earnest' of the Spirit (in vv.13-14).

'In Whom ye also trusted,
after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation:
in Whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Which is the earnest of our inheritance
until the redemption of the purchased possession,
unto the praise of His glory.'

* Ephesians 1:3-14 reveals 'the substance of things hoped for', for the members of the Church which is His (Christ's) Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (Ephesians 1:22-23).

'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as He hath chosen us
in Him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
according to the good pleasure of His will,
To the praise of the glory of His grace,
wherein He hath made us accepted
in the beloved.
In Whom we have redemption through His blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Having made known unto us the mystery of His will,
according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
He might gather together in one all things
in Christ,
both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:
In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance,
being pre-destinated according to the purpose of Him
Who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:
That we should be to the praise of His glory, Who first-trusted in Christ.

In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,

* Chosen 'in Him' before the foundation of the world: this calling was made before any covenant was instituted with man, either with Adam, Noah or Abraham: it was made with Christ, It is a prior-hope in terms of time, and prior in terms of position too, for it is 'in Christ', and reaches 'far above all heavens' (Ephesians 4:10), and 'far above all principality, power, might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.' (Ephesians 1:21). This is the 'substance' of things hoped for, the 'evidence' of things not seen for The Church which is His Body.

Praise God!

* Is this your hope?

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.'

(Heb 11:1)

Hello @soul man, (& @mailmandan who quoted this verse in reply#2)

In my Bible study this evening I have had occasion to look at the verse (above) from Hebrews, concerning the words of Ephesians 1:18, 'the hope of His calling', which cannot be severed from the faith, or things believed. The things believed being the revelation made in Ephesians 1:3-14, which received 'the seal' and 'the earnest' of the Spirit (in vv.13-14).

'In Whom ye also trusted,
after that ye heard the word of truth,

* Ephesians 1:3-14 reveals 'the substance of things hoped for', for the members of the Church which is His (Christ's) Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (Ephesians 1:22-23).

'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as He hath chosen us
in Him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
according to the good pleasure of His will,
To the praise of the glory of His grace,
wherein He hath made us accepted
in the beloved.
In Whom we have redemption through His blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Having made known unto us the mystery of His will,
according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
He might gather together in one all things
in Christ,
both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:
In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance,
being pre-destinated according to the purpose of Him
Who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:
That we should be to the praise of His glory, Who first-trusted in Christ.

In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,

* Chosen 'in Him' before the foundation of the world: this calling was made before any covenant was instituted with man, either with Adam, Noah or Abraham: it was made with Christ, It is a prior-hope in terms of time, and prior in terms of position too, for it is 'in Christ', and reaches 'far above all heavens' (Ephesians 4:10), and 'far above all principality, power, might and dominion,and every man that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.' (Ephesians 1:21). This is the 'substance' of things hoped for, the 'evidence' of things not seen for The Church which is His Body.

Praise God!

* Is this your hope?

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

I was reading your first comment and this one as well. Good word. Thank you sis. We can see it written. It is the most weight in scripture. All scriptures hinges on the in Christ position. We have the types and shadows in the Old Testament. But we did know it would all happen from the in Christ position, until Paul. All the weight is written in Paul's epistles.

Last edited: