OBEDIENCE IS NOT A BAD WORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no law now engraved in stone or on parchments for the believer, no, it is in our hearts and minds instead, much better place to be.

OSAS has gone from not obeying the law of God to now declaring His law is dead: no law written in Scripture on pen and paper exists anymore.

Why would someone even think that? Because obedience to a law is hateful to them, even as it is to the devil: Not the law of man, whom they can see and be punished by, but only the law of God, Whom they cannot see and do not fear.

Neither
the devil nor his spiritual kingdom of OSAS can stand to even hear the word 'Obedience'.

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The faith of OSAS is all about feeling it. Faith to them is only what they feel like doing, and has nothing to do with obedience.

They are rebellious children who have yet to grow up: All they want to do is to live by their own loving feelings of faith.

So much so, that obedience to them is not just odious, but a sin: if any man obeys the law of God written in Scripture, he is not righteous and becomes unrighteous, because he cannot be doing it by feeling of faith.

If they don't understand, think, feel, or believe it, then they won't do it. They will obey man, whether they like it or not, but they will never obey God just because He said to do it.

"But Dad, why do I have to do that??" "Because I told you so, and that's all the reason you need."

They truly believe that living by faith is only doing what they believe. For them they live only by faith, so that obedience has nothing to do with it.

They are in the spiritual kingdom of liberty and freedom to do all things only by faith, where nothing is ever done by obedience, and whatever they choose to do by feeling of faith is good and righteous and the law of their own hearts and minds.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no law now engraved in stone or on parchments for the believer, no, it is in our hearts and minds instead, much better place to be.
OSAS has gone from not obeying the law of God to now declaring His law is dead: no law written in Scripture on pen and paper exists anymore.
Why would someone even think that? Because obedience to a law is hateful to them, even as it is to the devil: Not the law of man, whom they can see and be punished by, but only the law of God, Whom they cannot see and do not fear.
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2Cor3:3

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
We show we are a letter from Christ, when our letter is conformed to and confirms the letter of Scripture written by the apostles of Christ.

Your airy faith between your ears is not grounded in the Scripture of truth.

Your loving feelings apart from doing His law and word in Scripture is all mushy lukewarm pap.

Being neighborly when we feel like it, is not the righteousness and true holiness of God.

Obeying His faith written in Scripture, within and from the heart, is the only salvation and justification by Jesus Christ.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We show we are a letter from Christ, when our letter is conformed to and confirms the letter of Scripture written by the apostles of Christ.

Your airy faith between your ears is not grounded in the Scripture of truth.

Your loving feelings apart from doing His law and word in Scripture is all mushy lukewarm pap.
The scripture is quite clear, let me repeat it for you:
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture is quite clear, let me repeat it for you:
When the letters in your heart are not the ones in Scripture, then it is another one doing the the writing, not the true God and Christ Jesus.

You're of another christ and law unto yourself.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the above of course, echoes this:

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds
.”

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.

Reactions: MatthewG

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the letters in your heart are not the ones in Scripture, then it is another one doing the the writing, not the true God and Christ Jesus.

You're of another christ and law unto yourself.
As you have continuously broken the ninth commandment in another thread, does the above apply to you?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Neither
the devil nor his spiritual kingdom of OSAS can stand to even hear the word 'Obedience'.

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The faith of OSAS is all about feeling it. Faith to them is only what they feel like doing, and has nothing to do with obedience.

They are rebellious children who have yet to grow up: All they want to do is to live by their own loving feelings of faith.

So much so, that obedience to them is not just odious, but a sin: if any man obeys the law of God written in Scripture, he is not righteous and becomes unrighteous, because he cannot be doing it by feeling of faith.

If they don't understand, think, feel, or believe it, then they won't do it. They will obey man, whether they like it or not, but they will never obey God just because He said to do it.

"But Dad, why do I have to do that??" "Because I told you so, and that's all the reason you need."

They truly believe that living by faith is only doing what they believe. For them they live only by faith, so that obedience has nothing to do with it.

They are in the spiritual kingdom of liberty and freedom to do all things only by faith, where nothing is ever done by obedience, and whatever they choose to do by feeling of faith is good and righteous and the law of their own hearts and minds.
But is it a BAD word?

I totally agree with your OP. OSAS is the modern church business doctrine; not the doctrine of any truly Bible-based institution. They cannot run a business that teaches that only certain, very sincere, people are welcome. That would be bad for business.

They absolutely HAVE TO loosen up the restrictions. Scratch that, eliminate the restrictions in order to welcome all comers.

"Come one, come all!" they say.

And now we have gay churches, LGBTQ2S+ churches, abortion-friendly churches, and so no and so forth.

OSAS is the doctrine of the world, not of God's Word.

And if you haven't interacted with this fella yet, Robert, .....
...boy, you're in for a treat.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law crushes you to powder to dust.

That is what it does, it was even worse when Satan came around accusing others, thankful he done away with today.

Now it is human beings that condemn people by the use of the law for some people in the Christian religion. Westboro Baptist share the message of “God hates fags” on big poster board signs. Anyway what the Law was made to do, was to crush you and lead you to Christ, for he done everything we couldn’t do.

Now before Jesus came it seems the only blameless pair was Elizabeth and Zachariah, and Joseph and Mary when it came to be blameless according to the ordinances which they had followed due to having been Israelites, they would give sacrifices and things like this in actions of Love towards God even though their faith made them right with God.

The Law it is useful, however no one can boast as though they keep is perfectly cause no one has, falling short in one part means failing everywhere else. Thus Christ - is whom we look to even if we go back and read the Law which interestingly enough had blessing and cursing materially for those people which were given it (the nation of Israel).

Reactions: stephen64

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the above of course, echoes this:

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds
.”

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.

never forget this brother.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Neither

Another rant saying that the salvation of God is not forever?

It is hard for you to kick against the goads.

But you miss the point. You refer to "obedience", not even considering that the dead do not obey, for they are dead. So then, if dead, who is it that lives--what do the scriptures say? That person, or Christ?

If you say, "that person"-- you deny the scriptures.

If you say "Christ"--you deny Christ--by accusing Him of sins.​

One who does not understand should not preach.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you present actual documented evidence for this? And what exactly is a "BOD" word?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Neither

I kinda of neither believe in OSAS nor do I believe in works for salvation. I think we will be saved if Jesus decides to. But works meet for repentance is a good way to please God. And accepting that Jesus can only save us also pleases God me thinks.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you have continuously broken the ninth commandment in another thread, does the above apply to you?
Something, you need to grow up and understand: if I am just as decieved and unrighteously sinning as you, that doesn't make you any better nor justified with God.

Are you not sinner, who thinks the only law of God is in his own heart, and so is a law unto himself?

Aren't you also the one who declines to be spiritually pure of heart, that you may not live in purity of life?

By your own words you idolize your own faith and mind, that has nothing to do with Scripture as written. Indeed nothing written can persuade you, because it's written on paper! Are you really so blind?? You think the law and word of God are somehow different from the Scriptures of God?

When you declare all law of God dead, that is written on paper, then you declare all Scripture of God is dead, because Scripture is the written word and law of God.

Repent of declaring Scripture written on paper as being worse than that which is written in your own mind, and I'll be glad to withdraw my righteous judgment of you.

I don't judge by appearance only, but I judge righteously and take people at their word:

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

You really think we will be judged by God according to common deeds of men? If enough of everybody is like me, then I will be accepted of God?

The flood itself should show us that just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean God will not judge us all for it.

It also shows not everyone was doing it.

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Is it no strange thing therefore, that Jesus prophesied the last days before His coming would even be as the days of Noah?

Look, dude. You are trying to say that the law of God on paper is dead, and so you only follow the law of your own heart and mind, by your own faith.

Your rebellion against obedience to the law of God, has moved you to teaching leaning to your own heart and understanding in all things, without any kind of objective judgment of truth written on paper in Scripture.

You are strongly deluded. So just go ahead and repent already. Allow God to show how by His power, you and He together can purigy your corrupt heart of all lust for sin.

Simple.

But, of course, you've already rejected that idea.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you not sinner, who thinks the only law of God is in his own heart, and so is a law unto himself?

When you declare all law of God dead, that is written on paper, then you declare all Scripture of God is dead, because Scripture is the written word and law of God.

I cant believe you've written the above, frankly its ridiculous.
I don't decide which law is placed within me.
If you could stop bearing false witness for a minute. The law engraved in stone is no longer an external law, but an internal law written in the mind and placed on the heart. I did not say Christ's teachings fir example should not be read as they are written in ink. They expound on the law
The rest of your post is just the same old thing
As for my rebellion, its you who keeps breaking the commandments in these threads, not me

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But is it a BAD word?

I totally agree with your OP. OSAS is the modern church business doctrine; not the doctrine of any truly Bible-based institution. They cannot run a business that teaches that only certain, very sincere, people are welcome. That would be bad for business.

They absolutely HAVE TO loosen up the restrictions. Scratch that, eliminate the restrictions in order to welcome all comers.

"Come one, come all!" they say.

And now we have gay churches, LGBTQ2S+ churches, abortion-friendly churches, and so no and so forth.

OSAS is the doctrine of the world, not of God's Word.

And if you haven't interacted with this fella yet, Robert, .....
...boy, you're in for a treat.
This fella simply confirmed for me what I was learning from other such fellas, who wouldn't say it outright: The law written on paper is dead, so that now the only law of God in the world is in their own minds.

So, if they believe it, then so it is, and no law on paper can gainsay nor judge it: Scripture of God is dead.

OSAS is truly the product of the 60's free-sex, free-sin movement, where they declared that God is dead.

They die to sin by the law dying on paper, so that no man can possibly sin by a law on paper. Indeed, the only real sin is the pride of obeying any law on paper!

"You're obeying and doing the law and word as written! Sinner!! Self righteous!! Boastful and proud!!! You have no grace at all!!!!"

You see, like the homosexual and liberal movement, it has nothing to do with live and let live, and everything to do with dominion: they don't want to be just left alone, but they will not stop until everyone not only likes them, but becomes like them.

OSAS is the viral doctrine commanding sinners to keep on sinning, and if not, the saints are condemned for doing the word as written.

Doing the law and word of God as written is now become sin.

Scripture is the word and law and commandments of God written on paper: obeying Scripture therefore is sin.

They are a complete law and word unto themselves: the only Scripture they believe in and do, is what they have written into their own hearts and minds.

They truly are gods and law and word and faith and scripture unto themselves.

The only question remains is why they go through such efforts to twist what is written, when what is written is already dead?

I am not one to dispute Scripture of God, but I am learning that strong delusion may not be strong enough a word for it.

Like John, we truly are beholding all of Babylon the Great in all her marvelous and wondrously stupid glory.

And when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel?

"Well angel, I just cannot fathom how any sane person could ever come up with such rubbish, as from anything I ever wrote from God."

John was not doubting the Scriptures He wrote, but no doubt was wondering about his grammar.

Biutr then, what does the grammar matter, when anything written on paper is dead anyway?

Reactions: GEN2REV

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

You are not familiar with the Ministry of Christ on the Cross, based on your endless need to talk about everything but the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

So, Here is what Paul said about MOSES Law that you are obsessed with, Robert Derrick.

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW......for Righteousness".

"END of the LAW"

"END OF THE LAW".....for RIGHTEOUSNESS.

What does that mean? It means that God gives you RIGHTEOUSNESS, that is NOT BASED ON MOSES LAW, that is OLD COVENANT.

Jesus is the author of the NEW COVENANT, that is not "Moses LAW" .

"The LAW came by Moses"",.......that is the OLD TESTAMENT, OLD COVENANT.
"Grace and TRUTH".... came by JESUS"........and that is the NEW COVENANT and NEW TESTAMENT.

Robert, in case you didn't notice, let me point out that there is NO CROSS OF CHRIST in the OLD TESTAMENT and in the OLD COVENANT. And that is why the LAW can't save you, or help you go to Heaven.
The law and the commandment have NO POWER TO FORGIVE SIN.
ZERO.
NONE.
And if your sin is not forgive, you will go to hell when you die.
That's a FACT.

Moses LAW was given to show you that you are a DIRTY ROTTEN SINNER in the eyes of a HOLY GOD. !.
MOSES LAW is given to lead you to the CROSS OF CHRIST, so that your SIN, that can't be forgiven by the LAW or Commandments, can be forgiven by GOD, through CHRIST'S BLOOD AND DEATH.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't decide which law is placed within me.

Incredible.

I like you better than the other guru. There is almost a sweet innocence about your ignorance. He spends so much time with his quasi-spiritual-mystical-Scriptural language, that he cannot bring himself to just say anything outright.

You however, have no such guile. You really believe what you are saying, and so don't know what you are really saying.

I'll tell you what. I will refrain from belittling you any further. I will simple ask you more of what you believe, so that I can perfectly understand your mind.

1. Is there any law of God written on any paper on earth, that we must answer to, because it judges us of our deeds, not matter that the thought and intent of the heart was?

2. Is the law written in your heart, which you have no say in the matter, the only law of God that you can be judged by?

I.e. the only sin you can commit, is the sin of doing anything without faith?

So long as you believe what you are doing, then it must be right?

So long as you do something by your faith, there is no written law that can come against it?

Help me out friend. I really do want to know exactly what you think, so long as you are able to clarify it.

Reactions: GEN2REV