Oh that deep, warm pool of hypocrisy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and therefore the comparison with cars and trucks is perhaps not the best one?

I wrote that because I believe it!
We could ban all types of drugs too.." because they may be misused"
It pretty much goes for everything.

To blame the object.. be it Gun or vehicle...takes all responsibility away for the persons owning them!!

So,... I stand by my argument. :)

B

Butterfly

A gun does nothing...it is the idiots who misuse them that are the problem.
Cars do nothing...both can be a blessing or a weapon...depends who holds it.
A gun can kill a snake...or kill a person...it is an inanimate object ...it does nothing.
A car is an inanimate object....it just depends what it is used for.

If guns should be banned because of the danger they may bring then, so should cars and trucks.
I agree, but the only thing I do not understand is the AR-15 , why on earth would it be appropriate to allow anyone to just buy them- they are weopons of war, they have no place within normal social settings- I get why people have hand guns in the USA, I get why they may have rifles if you are in rural areas and owning farm land ect - but the AR-15 , I don't get it.
So , even though I agree with what you and Stranger have said, I also think that there should be stricter gun laws with certain kinds of guns.
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but the only thing I do not understand is the AR-15 , why on earth would it be appropriate to allow anyone to just buy them- they are weopons of war, they have no place within normal social settings- I get why people have hand guns in the USA, I get why they may have rifles if you are in rural areas and owning farm land ect - but the AR-15 , I don't get it.
So , even though I agree with what you and Stranger have said, I also think that there should be stricter gun laws with certain kinds of guns.
Butterfly

It is not appropriate for just anyone to buy them or any gun. You have to answer several questions on a form when purchasing a gun and then go through a FBI background check. That is unless you bought it from some individual homeowner somewhere. You have to be 18 to own a rifle or shotgun. You have to be 21 to own a pistol.

All guns are weapons of war. The AR-15 is semi-automatic. So are some pistols. Once you start down that road of not allowing an AR-15 then it is a step away from not allowing any semi-automatic guns. Pretty soon all you are left with is a single shot shotgun. And they will then probably come after that. Behind the liberal lefts agenda of 'gun control', along with many foreign governments, is the goal of removing from Americans all guns.

There are millions of AR-15's in America. They are owned by responsible Americans and used correctly and legally. And there are laws in place to keep those who are not responsible or criminal away from them. Taking them out of the hands of the responsible Americans does not keep them out of the hands of those who are not responsible or criminal. But of course, that is against the law. But of course, what do they care?

That school zone was a 'gun free' zone. But it really wasn't. It was a 'gun free' zone for the responsible law abiding American. For the criminal, it was an open invitation to bring his gun and do what he wants, because he is the only one with a gun. But of course that was illegal. But, of course what do they care?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I wrote that because I believe it!
We could ban all types of drugs too.." because they may be misused"
It pretty much goes for everything.

To blame the object.. be it Gun or vehicle...takes all responsibility away for the persons owning them!!

So,... I stand by my argument. :)
it's not a bad one as far as it goes, but it does not address why handguns were ever made in the first place. Imo as long as a single human desires a handgun, yes, banning them would be irrelevant anyway. Which is why the convo is pointless and even worse, a distraction, imo. Even talking about "banning handguns" reveals a certain ig...lack of understanding, almost like saying religion has nothing to do with politics or something, or let's ban religion from politics, something like that

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And they will then probably come after that. Behind the liberal lefts agenda of 'gun control', along with many foreign governments, is the goal of removing from Americans all guns.

There are millions of AR-15's in America. They are owned by responsible Americans and used correctly and legally. And there are laws in place to keep those who are not responsible or criminal away from them. Taking them out of the hands of the responsible Americans does not keep them out of the hands of those who are not responsible or criminal. But of course, that is against the law. But of course, what do they care?

That school zone was a 'gun free' zone. But it really wasn't. It was a 'gun free' zone for the responsible law abiding American. For the criminal, it was an open invitation to bring his gun and do what he wants, because he is the only one with a gun. But of course that was illegal. But, of course what do they care?

Amen...totally agree.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Butterfly

I can hear what you are saying. And I can see how people see it that way.

But...that is still punishing the responsible law abiding citizens for the crimes of the crazy angry irresponsible ones. :(

If I blame anyone...and that is a big IF. It would be Hollywood and TV for promoting violence. As the years have gone by since my childhood movies and TV have pushed violence ...because they found that it sells.
Then they have slowly lowered the age-rating of the shows...todays generation have now grown up with a glorified view of violence.. ..same senerio with sex.

You know me Rita. :) It is all a conspiracy to divide, conquer , corrupt...and gain power over the masses.
They have slowly slowly 'dumbed down' education too.
Both my grand daughters are teachers...the kids now days can go all the way through school and come out totally ignorant. All areas of learning are being attacked. The kids are allowed to use Google for their answers...no one 'has' to learn the answer for themselves any more.
12 year old come into my grand daughters classrooms in a new school year, knowing next to nothing on all subjects. ...last September only a couple of them knew how to multiply 4x8.
They( teachers) have no foundation to teach them upon or build their education.
My grand daughters do not blame the teacher who had the kids before her...but it is the stupid modern system that the teacher have to use to 'teach'. Yep...'tis all a conspiracy, not by accident but by design. x

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it does not address why handguns were ever made in the first place. mo as long as a single human desires a handgun, yes, banning them would be irrelevant anyway. Which is why the convo is pointless and even worse, a distraction, imo. Even talking about "banning handguns" reveals a certain ig...lack of understanding, almost like saying religion has nothing to do with politics or something, or let's ban religion from politics, something like that

I would guess because it was quicker and faster than the sword, which has been carried 'almost' since time began!!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, both tried and true methods for ppl of the world to be killing each other

live by the sword, die by the sword

Did those high school students live by the sword? pfam

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gun does nothing...it is the idiots who misuse them that are the problem.
Cars do nothing...both can be a blessing or a weapon...depends who holds it.
A gun can kill a snake...or kill a person...it is an inanimate object ...it does nothing.
A car is an inanimate object....it just depends what it is used for.

If guns should be banned because of the danger they may bring then, so should cars and trucks.
Yeah,guns are somewhat like the Internet and television...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We could just shoot all the idiots in teh world than there will be no one left and teh world will be better for it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Threw God out of the schools, threw God out of the governments, threw God out of the churches, threw God out of teh Courts, forgot what love is all about, we treat people like cheap chinese throw away goods, no God no love all thats left is teh darkness that is growing daily. Just like in the movies. Why God puts up with us Ill never know...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did those high school students live by the sword? pfam

Stranger
pretty obviously, huh, it was a HS student that shot them, after all

but let's be fair, they are just the most vivid and raw of our sacrifices to Molech, hardly the most impactful
just the most newsworthy. That you still mourn for 20 ppl is even a sign i guess

i'd seek to point out the connection of your love of football and your Islamophobia to those deaths, but i guess not quite yet, going by the tone of your Q. Lemme know when your granddaughter is engaged to a Muslim, or some other of your worst fears has materialized, and you have run out of proud words.

You are a child too, your death was no less important

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Threw God out of the schools, threw God out of the governments, threw God out of the churches, threw God out of teh Courts, forgot what love is all about, we treat people like cheap chinese throw away goods, no God no love all thats left is teh darkness that is growing daily. Just like in the movies. Why God puts up with us Ill never know...

:) Of course we know why he puts up with us. Its like I said before, he knew what he was getting himself into before he created us. There is a tipping point though. Eventually, the world will be water boarded with the wine of his wrath, without prejudice. No worries for us, since we will have vamoosed out of here long beforehand.