Oldie but a Newbie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

numenian

Jun 19, 2015
Hello brothers and sisters. I am looking forward mostly to good fellowship with the people here, which to me means honest and frank discussion, but always with kindness and respect. I see fellowship as central to faith, and by that I don't mean just services and potlucks; I mean everyday I-stand-with-you brother and sister love, care, and encouragement, and rebuke when needed. Not doing it perfectly is fine. I have learned the hard way that trying to be a good Christ, such as practicing the fruit of the spirit as laws for social interaction (in my case, looking to maintain an image), is harmful to growth in the spirit. We are, in my view, to take each other where we are and to speak and act from where we are or how else can we properly tend to each other. Smiling when I may be crying or raging on the inside denies us both opportunities to heal and learn from each other.

I apologize for starting out with a lecture but I have found so much hurt and harm produced by trying to act like a good Christian, I felt compelled to make this part of my introduction. Shalom.

Reactions: JPPT1974

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom and welcome! We strive to make that sort of fellowship and community common here, but that's easier said than done. A lot of this starts with prayer not only for personal understanding, but also for remembering that the other person has a soul, even if they may be in error on something. We are all at different stages.

Hope to see you around on the boards, I've seen where you've already been busy posting. :)

numenian

Jun 19, 2015
HammerStone said:
Shalom and welcome! We strive to make that sort of fellowship and community common here, but that's easier said than done. A lot of this starts with prayer not only for personal understanding, but also for remembering that the other person has a soul, even if they may be in error on something. We are all at different stages.

Hope to see you around on the boards, I've seen where you've already been busy posting. :)
Interesting ideas: prayer for personal understanding or in remembering the other person has a soul. Have a different idea of prayer but I am open to new ideas.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey hope you are doing well! May you be blessed! God bless and welcome. Feel free to post!