Omnipresence of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In discovering the Omnipresence of God, we begin with a conversation between Jesus and a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. Speaking with him face to face (here on earth) telling him "I am in heaven"...

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Omnipresence is also demonstrated as Jesus coming out of the water at the baptism of John, and simultaneously descending like a dove (which was a sign unto John), while speaking from heaven in Matthew 3:16, which was a perfect example of how our one true God can multitask. God does not jump out of one person in Mexico to go and jump into another saved person in France, He is in all saved people at the same time, and was in all three places at that baptism while still being the one omnipresent Spirit which is in heaven...

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

That same God which spoke to Moses through a burning bush, overshadowed Mary and she conceived a seed. That one spirit simultaneously inhabits that seed AND remains in heaven (omnipresent). When Mary gives birth, we now have SPIRIT become FLESH. That bouncing baby boy is the ALMIGHTY manifest in the flesh. That is how, and why Jesus can say, "the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." And ... "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father."

Compare the following references:

The Lord God is the Creator. Isaiah 42:5.
The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3-10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Isaiah 43:10.
The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Isaiah 43:10-11.
The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. Psalms 146:10.
The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke ‪1:33‬.

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Isaiah 43:15.
The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matt 27:37.

The Lord God is the First and the Last. Isaiah 44:6.
The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Revelation 1:8.

Is it possible Jesus is both the Father and the Son? Jesus himself addressed this very question...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega.
He is the Lamb and the high priest.

When talking with the Jews, he said...

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
[27] They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

In the book of John, after the last supper, Jesus has a private conversation with the apostles...

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

We read that the world cannot see the Holy Spirit, nor does the world know him. Jesus then said "But ye know him". How do the apostles know him? he was not yet sent! Jesus is saying that the one standing here talking to you is the one that will be in you. The one standing here talking to you is the Holy Ghost that will be in you.

Jesus was on earth, under the ministry of redemption. It was expedient that he must first leave so that the Comforter (Holy Spirit) may come. Jesus had to finish the ministry of Redemption, so that he comes back under a new ministry, that of Regeneration (Jesus in us). And which began on the day of Pentecost and continues to this very day.

Spirit of Jesus in us:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
[16] That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20] Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

The following are three different accounts of the very same subject matter, which further shows us that the ONE ETERNAL Spirit functions as Father, Son AND Holy Ghost...

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[18] And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
[19] But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
[20] For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
[10] And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
[11] But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
[13] And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
[14] Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
[15] For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

We indeed serve ONE God. And, he is NOT a trinity.

Reactions: BeyondET

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be precise, the Father fully indwells the son, bodily.

This means every bit of what God consists of is inside the body of His omnipresent human spirit of a son.

This makes Jesus the mighty God and everlasting Father by default.

This video can help simplify it also...

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In discovering the Omnipresence of God, we begin with a conversation between Jesus and a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. Speaking with him face to face (here on earth) telling him "I am in heaven"...

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Omnipresence is also demonstrated as Jesus coming out of the water at the baptism of John, and simultaneously descending like a dove (which was a sign unto John), while speaking from heaven in Matthew 3:16, which was a perfect example of how our one true God can multitask. God does not jump out of one person in Mexico to go and jump into another saved person in France, He is in all saved people at the same time, and was in all three places at that baptism while still being the one omnipresent Spirit which is in heaven...

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

That same God which spoke to Moses through a burning bush, overshadowed Mary and she conceived a seed. That one spirit simultaneously inhabits that seed AND remains in heaven (omnipresent). When Mary gives birth, we now have SPIRIT become FLESH. That bouncing baby boy is the ALMIGHTY manifest in the flesh. That is how, and why Jesus can say, "the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." And ... "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father."

Compare the following references:

The Lord God is the Creator. Isaiah 42:5.
The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3-10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Isaiah 43:10.
The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Isaiah 43:10-11.
The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. Psalms 146:10.
The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke ‪1:33‬.

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Isaiah 43:15.
The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matt 27:37.

The Lord God is the First and the Last. Isaiah 44:6.
The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Revelation 1:8.

Is it possible Jesus is both the Father and the Son? Jesus himself addressed this very question...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega.
He is the Lamb and the high priest.

When talking with the Jews, he said...

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
[27] They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

In the book of John, after the last supper, Jesus has a private conversation with the apostles...

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

We read that the world cannot see the Holy Spirit, nor does the world know him. Jesus then said "But ye know him". How do the apostles know him? he was not yet sent! Jesus is saying that the one standing here talking to you is the one that will be in you. The one standing here talking to you is the Holy Ghost that will be in you.

Jesus was on earth, under the ministry of redemption. It was expedient that he must first leave so that the Comforter (Holy Spirit) may come. Jesus had to finish the ministry of Redemption, so that he comes back under a new ministry, that of Regeneration (Jesus in us). And which began on the day of Pentecost and continues to this very day.

Spirit of Jesus in us:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
[16] That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20] Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

The following are three different accounts of the very same subject matter, which further shows us that the ONE ETERNAL Spirit functions as Father, Son AND Holy Ghost...

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[18] And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
[19] But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
[20] For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
[10] And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
[11] But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
I like the multitasking statement, in luke mentions descending in a bodily formed dove

Reactions: user