Once in Heaven, can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not the one getting mad, I fully know how they got there, faith and obedience, they loved God, heaven is not a temporary place we go so we can sin and fall from grace a second time, Simple question, once we are in heaven can we sin and loose our salvation. answer. NO. Not unless Gods plane is riddled with holes.

Can we sin and loose our salvation???? No, because of Jesus, and we ain't really going to heaven anyway, so I really don't care about what heaven is like when it comes down to it. I only see the know it all's being so concerned, who sit here pretending to know what heaven is like.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My sister the Bible teached clearly how God made Adam. And also how Lucifer fall out of heaven. Don't tell me that you don't believe what the Bible teached. Everything in the Bible is true, because the mighty God that I serve, nothing is impossible for HIM!! I love you!! Be blessed. ☺

Of course I believe what GOD says in the bible...but I just do not believe everything that 'man' tries to tell us that the bible is saying .
Everyone and their uncle has their own interpretation of what the scriptures are saying. Just because you believe what you believe about the bible , does not mean that your interpretation is correct!!!

Reactions: forrestcupp

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Of course I believe what GOD says in the bible...but I just do not believe everything that 'man' tries to tell us that the bible is saying .
Everyone and their uncle has their own interpretation of what the scriptures are saying. Just because you believe what you believe about the bible , does not mean that your interpretation is correct!!!
The best way to see if it's true Biblical is let the BIBLE interpret itself. The most important thing that majority Christians miss, is that the are not going in the story to see what happen in the time that they wrote the scripture. If you know the story and you will know why they have that words. And from there you can come with their story and put it exactly where it belong in our times. Do what I told you and you will notes the difference right now. Put yourself in the shoes of everybody in the Bible. Only one shoe you cannot put on. The shoes of Jesus, Why? Because HE IS THE MASTER, OR TEACHER. I'm not your teacher, but your servent. Bless.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, because of Jesus, and we ain't really going to heaven anyway, so I really don't care about what heaven is like when it comes down to it. I only see the know it all's being so concerned, who sit here pretending to know what heaven is like.
Why not??? dont you want to go,??

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not??? dont you want to go,??

Well, really, I don't care one way or another, as long as I don't end up in the lake of fire. But scripture is clear, God the Father will come to us, not vice versa. His dwelling place, or "tabernacle" will be on the new earth not in some place called "heaven", contrary to what some people have claimed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:eek: uh oh, look out, the very notion of heaven being contaminated with sin is absurd to most Christians.

The Bible describes heaven or the eternal state in great detail in Revelation chapters 21–22.
Nowhere in those chapters is the possibility of sin mentioned.

In fact, we have the promise that, in the eternal state, we will never experience death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4)—the absence of those things is proof positive that sin is also absent, since those things are the product of sin (see Romans 6:23).

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, really, I don't care one way or another, as long as I don't end up in the lake of fire. But scripture is clear, God the Father will come to us, not vice versa. His dwelling place, or "tabernacle" will be on the new earth not in some place called "heaven", contrary to what some people have claimed.
He us already with us if you are in Christ
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

This world is not my home its a place I live till I go home.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible describes heaven or the eternal state in great detail in Revelation chapters 21–22.

In fact, we have the promise that, in the eternal state, we will never experience death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4)—the absence of those things is proof positive that sin is also absent, since those things are the product of sin (see Romans 6:23).

Rev 21-22 in context are all about the new heaven, not this current one. So yes, sin isn't mentioned in this case because the creation has been made sinless or new by Jesus Christ atoning for it. This is what is always overlooked by most Christians when discussing the creation. Without Jesus, there is no new heaven or earth. Heaven, the creation, is not "sinless" by me're reason of it existing. At no point is heaven as it is now described as "sinless". If heaven is really what you all believe it to be, Satan would still be the perfect being God created him to be to start with. Heaven is not that important. It is irrelevant when it comes to our salvation. This is all about Jesus Christ when it comes down to it.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He us already with us if you are in Christ
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

And your new 'home' will be the new earth, as scripture plainly states it to be. If you have a problem with that, then take it up with God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said Satan was "perfect"??
Who said Adam and Eve were "perfect??

They has a free will of their own that was not perfectly conformed to God's.
That's what "perfect" means (Matt. 5:48).

God did. (Ez. 28:15). Or are you saying God created Satan with sin. God created imperfectly?

God did. (Gen. 1:26-27) Or are you saying being created in the image of God by God, has it's imperfections?

Just because they had a will, doesn't mean they were not perfect. They were perfect in every way and sinless.

So, again, how can you be sure you cannot lose your salvation in Heaven? Just as they fell.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we're in heaven, we won't be like we are here. We won't be susceptible to our sinful nature.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

We're going to be changed to be like Him.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

It's pretty silly to try to compare how things are in our lives now to how they will be when we're in heaven.

Adam and Eve were children of God before the fall. Yet they fell.

Well, don't be so quick to label it silly yet. I think it is quite instructive.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess it's clear you folks ignored BOL's posted scripture verses and didn't bother to read them......

And ask "How can you be so sure?"
Well, you can be sure about scripture.

I didn't ignore his list of Scripture. If you read all the posts you would have seen that. I have answered these ready made lists before from him and have no interest to go through his lists again.

Of course you can be sure about Scripture. But just as I told BreadOfLife, this is not just a 'can you lose your salvation' thread. It is a thread where I have stated that if you can lose your salvation here, then you can lose it there. That which secures your salvation forever there has been accomplished here and at the time you came to Christ as Lord and Saviour.

If you disagree, then show me what is accomplished that secures your salvation there that has not been done for your salvation here.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And your new 'home' will be the new earth, as scripture plainly states it to be. If you have a problem with that, then take it up with God.
No i have no problem seems you know it all???? :) Il still be in heaven thats where His Throne is...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen...very good scriptures for this thread. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Interesting.
@Decopymope
Isn't Heaven anywhere God Himself is?
God IS, right now....We are told in the scriptures that He dwells in heaven...it is a realm.

The earth will be "a new earth"...don't you feel that it will be a heavenly realm too?
....or do you believe that it will be physical like this earth? o_O

If so, why on earth would we need glorified bodies? Or 'changed in a twinkling of an eye' ?

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture teaches that those who have trusted Christ as Savior are "in Christ". This has a literal meaning, and when it's understood as literal truth, then you can begin to understand why salvation is eternal. It's because our spirit is made one with Him through the work of the Holy Spirit. We are already "sanctified" (set apart) by the body of Christ.

When we are placed "in Christ", our spirit in Him cannot be corrupted with sin. Sin is not possible in our spirit. If it has no sin, it cannot die. Jesus cannot be corrupted with sin, if we are "in Him", we can't either! This is salvation, and it is eternal from the moment we believe the truth, which is, Christ died, was buried, and rose again for us that through faith in Him and not of ourselves, we are given the gift of life.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Colossians 1:12-14
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

life is better today by any measure you care to use than it ever has been. The moment you get to that eternal state, it will still be today

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
imo when you leave the world you will still be in the earth, if you are doing it right. The earth is your home. If you are not experiencing pressed down, shaken together, running over right now, it is because you are back in the world