Once Saved Always Saved (Eternal Security)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And as for Peter, what did Jesus say to him about his denial?

Don't we all need to hear the rooster crow? Don't we all need the sun to come out as we come out of the dark and walk in the light? And like Peter, put what is past to be left in the past, to forget who we used to be and be who we are now?

2 Peter 1:19, We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
To say it can is to believe an untrue teaching and to follow a wrong doctrine.

The Book of Life isn't really a book God has in heaven and he's busily blotting out names and re-writing them back in, that's just silly. How can there possibly be such a book when His redemption is paid for in blood and not works? Oh, Job is living right this month, his name can stay in but if Job doesn't live right next month, his name will be blotted out. Really?

In the Greek, it's Tree of Life not Book of Life.

Nothing says God is adding and erasing names to the book of life based on works. And I see nothing to indicate that if a name were removed it could be added back again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Life isn't really a book God has in heaven and he's busily blotting out names and re-writing them back in, that's just silly.

Once they're taken out, they don't go back in.

You only get one shot and if you miss the boat, that's it.

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace, grace, grace...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Peter denied the Lord.
David broke more than one commandment...
Abraham stopped believing and took Hagar.
Paul murdered and imprisoned good Christians....

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't we all need to hear the rooster crow?

I've never denied Christ. For you to say we all need to do that, is an indication that you need to brush up on your studies.

Unless you have scripture that states otherwise.

o

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter denied the Lord.
David broke more than one commandment...
Abraham stopped believing and took Hagar.
Paul murdered and imprisoned good Christians....

And Moses asked to be blotted from the book.

Jesus said if you overcome, He won't blot your name from the book of life. What happens if you don't overcome?

Psalms speaks of blotting out names.

Do we pretend these passages don't exist?

o

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Job there you go....What he said. :D
I knew there must be an answer . I know the truth of it...deep in my heart...but I'm not so hot on the proof of it....And no one seem to like " God told me" :)

You'll accept any answer...........even if it's wrong?

o

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once they're taken out, they don't go back in.

You only get one shot and if you miss the boat, that's it.

o

But the Book of Life is actually the Tree of Life, so are you saying that you can get kicked out of the garden? Why be allowed access to the Tree of Life, eat from it, and be kicked out? Makes the Tree of Life the Tree of Death doesn't it? How can that be?

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've never denied Christ. For you to say we all need to do that, is an indication that you need to brush up on your studies.

Unless you have scripture that states otherwise.

o

Were you never once in the dark? That makes you pretty special!

Ephesians 5:8, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

I like brushing up on my studies.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said if you overcome, He won't blot your name from the book of life. What happens if you don't overcome?

Jesus overcame on your behalf! Mercy is not getting what you deserve and Grace is getting what you don't deserve. Jesus took care of you, yes? Did He take the judgment meant for you or didn't He? Did He or did He not give you the glory meant for Him?

2 Corinthians 3:18, And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus overcame on your behalf! Mercy is not getting what you deserve and Grace is getting what you don't deserve. Jesus took care of you, yes? Did He take the judgment meant for you or didn't He? Did He or did He not give you the glory meant for Him?

2 Corinthians 3:18, And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

So what happens if you don't overcome?

Jesus said, "If you overcome..."

Do you know?

o

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you never once in the dark? That makes you pretty special!

Ephesians 5:8, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

I like brushing up on my studies.

That has nothing to do with denying Christ.

o