Once Saved Always Saved (Eternal Security)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blinkin1604

Sep 18, 2017
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation is a one-time event by the washing of the blood of Jesus and that once you are saved, you cannot do anything to lose your salvation and that God will never take away your salvation, because he gave us eternal life. All believers are permanently sealed unto the day of redemption by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. This is an essential fundamental doctrine of Christ for salvation, if you don't not believe this, you're making God a liar, and not having faith toward him. The believer didn't work to get salvation; therefore the believer cannot work to keep salvation. This is not the P (Perseverance of the Saints) of TULIP in Calvinism philosophy.

You know why this is fundamental and essential for salvation? Because the Bible says so.

1 John 5:10 (KJV) He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

If someone never believed in once saved always saved or if saved always saved, then they're not saved. It's that simple.
Clearly here we see that someone must believe the record that God gave of his Son or else they are not believing in God and are actually making him a liar. There are 4 fundamental points that consist of this record.

1. God hath given us eternal life. It's not Allah, it's not Buddha, it's not a futuristic. It's God.
  2. It's a gift. God hath given. A gift is free and unearned. You can't work for this gift or earn it. All you have to do is receive it by believing on Jesus. (John 1:12)
  3. Eternal life. He gave us eternal life. Not temporary life, pending life or conditional security. Eternal means forever. If you can lose your salvation then that's not eternal and God lied. But we know that God cannot lie.
  4. This life is in his Son. This life is only in his Son, because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He's the only way to heaven. That's what you have to believe.
Now let's look on certain verses which exegete once saved always saved. Look what Jesus said here:

John 6:47 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 3:15 (KJV) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

If you were to fall away and be implied that you are not saved at the moment, then that's not eternal life! One thing I want to stress is that this is not the P (Perseverance of the Saints) in TULIP of Calvinism philosophy. The name itself shows a false gospel of perseverance and works for salvation. You don't have to endure to the end to be saved.

Clearly the Bible makes it clear that salvation is by grace through faith alone without works.

Romans 4:5 - But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

John 3:3 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

How can you get unborn? You can't!

John 3:15 (KJV) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Does it say temporary life or conditional security life? No! So don't call Jesus a liar!

The most famous Bible verse of all proves eternal security!

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 (KJV) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 (KJV) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 4:13-14 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

You're passed from death to life. It's a done deal! A one time event of just putting your faith on Jesus.

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

You're not going to come into condemnation.

John 6:35 (KJV) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

He will in NO WISE cast us out! Wow what an amazing promise!

John 6:40 (KJV) And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:53-54 (KJV) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Saved Christians will never perish!

John 10:28 (KJV) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 11:25-26 (KJV) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

If you're saved, you're never going to die, believest thou this?

Romans 6:23 (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:14-17 (KJV) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Nothing shall seperate me from the love of God!

Romans 8:38-39 (KJV) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Holy Spirit seals us unto the day of redemption with his down-payment.

2 Corinthians 1:22 (KJV) Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 4:30 (KJV) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Titus 1:2 (KJV) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Even if we stop believing, you cannot lose your salvation nor will God ever take your salvation!

2 Timothy 2:13 (KJV) If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

God bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if we stop believing, you cannot lose your salvation nor will God ever take your salvation!

2 Timothy 2:13 (KJV) If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Timothy 2
12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

If we stop believing in Him, it means we are denying Him. It means we won't be reigning with Him. When Jesus denies someone, it mean that individual is not saved.

o

Reactions: GodsGrace

blinkin1604

Sep 18, 2017
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show me where this is stated in the Word.

o

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 4:5 (KJV) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

blinkin1604

Sep 18, 2017
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 2
12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

If we stop believing in Him, it means we are denying Him. It means we won't be reigning with Him. When Jesus denies someone, it mean that individual is not saved.

o

It says "We shall also reign with Him." It's talking about reigning with Christ not about spiritual salvation. If we deny him, he will also deny us from reigning with him! Peter denied Christ three times, is he going to hell? No. He's in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 4:5 (KJV) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

So what did Jesus mean when He said this?

Matthew 24
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

o

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says "We shall also reign with Him." It's talking about reigning with Christ not about spiritual salvation. If we deny him, he will also deny us from reigning with him! Peter denied Christ three times, is he going to hell? No. He's in the Kingdom of Heaven.

If this isn't about salvation, why is salvation mentioned just a couple verses before that?

And as for Peter, what did Jesus say to him about his denial?

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 2

Io

Personally I think we muddle up salvation and rewards.
Much that is written about "Losing" is not talking about salvation ...but the reward of the " Good and faithful servant."..etc.
Again , back to good-works being the overflow work of the love command...a natural flow from the Christ within...for love sake. And on the other hand the dead- works , where we think that us running around "doing good" is earning us brownie points with God!! Which takes away from the finished work of Christ.
I said all that to say...much of the "loss"in the bible "I believe"...is talking about the close reward of being in God's Presence...
My kids used to laugh and say- " So what you are saying is, some will be sitting up front close to God, and some far, far, back and can't see much at all. :D
Out of the mouth of babes. :)
Sorry for the rambling 'two cents' here lol.

Reactions: pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much that is written about "Losing" is not talking about salvation ...but the reward of the " Good and faithful servant."..etc.

We'll have to discuss that someday. :p

Do you believe names can be blotted from the Book of Life? A simple yes or no will do.

I'm just curious...:)

o

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We'll have to discuss that someday. :p

Do you believe names can be blotted from the Book of Life? A simple yes or no will do.

I'm just curious...:)

o

I just hate YES or NO questions!!!!!!
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

blinkin1604

Sep 18, 2017
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what did Jesus mean when He said this?

Matthew 24
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

o

This chapter is talking about the tribulation in end times. You can't just take it out of total context like that.

Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

It says no flesh be saved. So verse 13 is simply talking about getting your flesh saved. Not spiritual salvation.

ndured to the end in Matthew justmeans they survived the tribulation on earthphysically. Not salvation

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@blinkin1604 too much to re-post. Just wanted to say thank you, and yep ! The promises of and from our loving Father are truly amazing, almost beyond belief and astounds me every single day. Great post...:)

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This chapter is talking about the tribulation in end times. You can't just take it out of total context like that.

Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

It says no flesh be saved. So verse 13 is simply talking about getting your flesh saved. Not spiritual salvation.

ndured to the end in Matthew justmeans they survived the tribulation on earthphysically. Not salvation

How does Jesus shorten those days?

o

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is not about Calvinism or anything else. All these things are man's attempt at understanding the mysteries of scripture, some things are helpful some thing are destructive.

There's always room for new biblical enlightenment.

Reactions: lforrest

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes and no questions are the best kind. There's no middle ground. It's either yes or no.

You either believe or you don't. The bible says yes, it can happen. So I believe that. To say it can't is doubting the Word of God.

Think about that. :p

To say it can is to believe an untrue teaching and to follow a wrong doctrine.

The Book of Life isn't really a book God has in heaven and he's busily blotting out names and re-writing them back in, that's just silly. How can there possibly be such a book when His redemption is paid for in blood and not works? Oh, Job is living right this month, his name can stay in but if Job doesn't live right next month, his name will be blotted out. Really?

In the Greek, it's Tree of Life not Book of Life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To say it can is to believe an untrue teaching and to follow a wrong doctrine.

The Book of Life isn't really a book God has in heaven and he's busily blotting out names and re-writing them back in, that's just silly. How can there possibly be such a book when His redemption is paid for in blood and not works? Oh, Job is living right this month, his name can stay in but if Job doesn't live right next month, his name will be blotted out. Really?

In the Greek, it's Tree of Life not Book of Life.

@Job there you go....What he said. :D
I knew there must be an answer . I know the truth of it...deep in my heart...but I'm not so hot on the proof of it....And no one seem to like " God told me" :)