• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't mean I don't know anyone that believes in osas. Although I don't care for the term (osas) I believe in the eternal security of the believer. There simply is too much one would have to discard to believe otherwise. Jesus loses none that are given to Him....Jn 6

You don't care 4 dem but I do! they need saving just as much as any non-believer and that's why I try 2 evangelize, its wat God has called us 2 do!

Reactions: GodsGrace

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quite clearly YOU ARE CLUELESS about salvation. And to call any teaching "garbage" shows how clueless you are. So now you need to decide whether you wish to LEARN or you wish to PROMOTE nonsense.

No need to be caustic. Remember we shouldn't be proclaiming "thou fool" on other members of the faith.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember we shouldn't be proclaiming "thou fool" on other members of the faith.
*Clueless* means ignorant, not a fool. Even wise and intelligent people can be ignorant about salvation. Indeed ignorance about salvation is rampant in the general population, and even among those who claim to be Christian. They should be asking, not telling. Using the term *garbage* is offensive when used inappropriately.

Reactions: Mayflower

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No need to be caustic. Remember we shouldn't be proclaiming "thou fool" on other members of the faith.

Its ok man, I aint got time 4 dis guy!! he makes a lot of assumptions, and wat he's saying is just his own conjecture, wat I've said is widely shared among the orthodox Christian community!! and most if not all this thread sept 4 him agrees wiv me it would appear, and also he's saying dat using the word garbage is offensive just 2 find an excuse to start attacking me, just 2 justify himself, typical behaviour of a churl person. and I would ask him, is it true dat i'm clueless about salvation? he's making a truth claim, wats his standard of truth 4 doing so? plus he put me and the devil in the same sentence, is dis guy 4 real!!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
*Clueless* means ignorant, not a fool. Even wise and intelligent people can be ignorant about salvation. Indeed ignorance about salvation is rampant in the general population, and even among those who claim to be Christian. They should be asking, not telling. Using the term *garbage* is offensive when used inappropriately.
I can't remember your position on eternal security and I do respect you and your posts...
however, I must agree with the O.P. that OSAS is what he calls garbage.

Now, personally I would not use that term...
However, I do agree that this idea is not in the N.T.
None of the writers agree with it...
and certainly, Jesus did not agree with it.

Need verses?
Got plenty.

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
If we're saved permanently on earth after being born again then why does the bible say in phil 2:12 you have 2 work out ur salvation wiv fear and trembling. The race is not over yet theirs many hurdles 2 climb, many trials and tribulations you have to go through. eccl 3:12 1 peter 4:12.

Jesus said ull be persecuted 4 my names sake!! are u being persecuted? he said the world will hate you! are u being hated by the world? its not a picnic people so get this foolish Calvinism teaching out of ur heads. you have 2 cross the finish line 1st, its like walking a tight rope, jesus said matthew 10:22 those dat endure 2 the end will be truly saved not those dat are born again will be truly saved there and then.
Well I've always pretty much been dark or red and young all my life without extremes but there are races out there to be run and on many levels I've won or done well. Many great things can be said about me and being close to extremes I sort it out with what's handed to me and with what I have to and also other things which I want but as me, not the changed person from the PAST! I like myself A-z and I know I can make improvements but many things I have to do or want to do I do well or great or excellent. Now I don't really hit lunatic extremes but I have been on o but I do and make up well. Races are excellent but if you think once saved always saved your wrong. There's work and challenges. And you HAVE to always be you but buy anything you wanted.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we're saved permanently on earth after being born again then why does the bible say in phil 2:12 you have 2 work out ur salvation wiv fear and trembling. The race is not over yet theirs many hurdles 2 climb, many trials and tribulations you have to go through. eccl 3:12 1 peter 4:12.

Jesus said ull be persecuted 4 my names sake!! are u being persecuted? he said the world will hate you! are u being hated by the world? its not a picnic people so get this foolish Calvinism teaching out of ur heads. you have 2 cross the finish line 1st, its like walking a tight rope, jesus said matthew 10:22 those dat endure 2 the end will be truly saved not those dat are born again will be truly saved there and then.
Hi @DoveSpirit05,

John 5:24 teaches us that it is absolute truth that if we hear Jesus' word and believe on Him who sent Him, that we have passed from death into everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation.

John 6:47 teaches us, also in terms of absolute truth, that if we believe on Jesus Christ we currently have everlasting life. What is the nature of everlasting life but that it never ends? if I can lose my salvation then the life that I received was not everlasting; it was temporal.

John 10:27-30 teaches us that if we are Jesus' sheep there is a threefold assurance: 1) we have eternal life; 2) we shall never perish; and 3) no one can snatch us out of His hand.

Of course we must be Jesus' sheep; and if we are His sheep then He knows us (John 10:27). Jesus says, I never knew you to the workers of iniquity in Matthew 7:23.

Now that no one can snatch us out of His hand, is often contested by the concept that, well, no one can take us from Him; but we can certainly walk away ourselves.

I would say to this that Jeremiah 32:38-40 and Psalms 19:9 tell us that there is an everlasting fear of the LORD that will act as a safeguard against our walking away ourselves.

'nuff said!

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I agree that those that endure will be saved but consider that I wasn't too far into Christianity and I and my whole life is against legalism, especially in this day and age. If I'm me I'm me but work to be done in straying away from evil is good and nobody's going to tell me how I should live. I choose how I see real and fit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:17 along with 1 John 3:6 teaches me that POTS (Perseverance of the Saints) is the reality rather than OSAS (Once Save Always Saved)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, I do agree that this idea is not in the N.T.
The very meaning of salvation is ETERNAL SECURITY having received ETERNAL LIFE.

"SHALL" MEANS WITHOUT THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (Jn 10:9)

LIFE WITH CHRIST IS ETERNAL AND ABUNDANT
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Jn 10:10)

THE GOOD SHEPHERD KNOWS HIS SHEEP AND DOES NOT LOSE THEM
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine...
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

(Jn 10:14,27)

CHRIST'S SHEEP RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE AND SHALL NEVER PERISH
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish... (Jn 10:28a)

NO ONE CAN PLUCK CHRIST'S SHEEP FROM HIS HAND OR THE FATHER'S HAND

...neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (Jn 10:28b,29)

Note: This is all about genuine children of God -- Christ's sheep. Eternal life is GOD'S GIFT to the one who repents and believes.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
It is not of ourselves that we are made righteous.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The very meaning of salvation is ETERNAL SECURITY having received ETERNAL LIFE.

"SHALL" MEANS WITHOUT THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (Jn 10:9)

LIFE WITH CHRIST IS ETERNAL AND ABUNDANT
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Jn 10:10)

THE GOOD SHEPHERD KNOWS HIS SHEEP AND DOES NOT LOSE THEM
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine...
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

(Jn 10:14,27)

CHRIST'S SHEEP RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE AND SHALL NEVER PERISH
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish... (Jn 10:28a)

NO ONE CAN PLUCK CHRIST'S SHEEP FROM HIS HAND OR THE FATHER'S HAND

...neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (Jn 10:28b,29)

Note: This is all about genuine children of God -- Christ's sheep. Eternal life is GOD'S GIFT to the one who repents and believes.
Yes, and growth can always happen. And forgiveness.

Reactions: justbyfaith