• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The righteous shall persevere and I know I should stop cussing but I find it normal.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we're saved permanently on earth after being born again then why does the bible say in phil 2:12 you have 2 work out ur salvation wiv fear and trembling. The race is not over yet theirs many hurdles 2 climb, many trials and tribulations you have to go through. eccl 3:12 1 peter 4:12.

Jesus said ull be persecuted 4 my names sake!! are u being persecuted? he said the world will hate you! are u being hated by the world? its not a picnic people so get this foolish Calvinism teaching out of ur heads. you have 2 cross the finish line 1st, its like walking a tight rope, jesus said matthew 10:22 those dat endure 2 the end will be truly saved not those dat are born again will be truly saved there and then.

Your point about persecution is a valid statement, our Savior stated that we would be persecuted for His Name Sake!! He also said that if any person would save their own life, that they would loose it! So to be more exact, that when we are persecuted, to the threat of being put to death, unless we denounce Him, as to save our life, then we would loose the Life with Him. Salvation can be lost. If we do not confess Him before man, then He will not confess Us before the Father. So Be Faithfull to the End, no matter what your end may be. For they Hated Him without a Cause!!!

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wh
Your point about persecution is a valid statement, our Savior stated that we would be persecuted for His Name Sake!! He also said that if any person would save their own life, that they would loose it! So to be more exact, that when we are persecuted, to the threat of being put to death, unless we denounce Him, as to save our life, then we would loose the Life with Him. Salvation can be lost. If we do not confess Him before man, then He will not confess Us before the Father. So Be Faithfull to the End, no matter what your end may be. For they Hated Him without a Cause!!!
What are we to be faithful to? Faithful to trust in Him.

Reactions: Mayflower and Truth

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we're saved permanently on earth after being born again then why does the bible say in phil 2:12 you have 2 work out ur salvation wiv fear and trembling. The race is not over yet theirs many hurdles 2 climb, many trials and tribulations you have to go through. eccl 3:12 1 peter 4:12.

Jesus said ull be persecuted 4 my names sake!! are u being persecuted? he said the world will hate you! are u being hated by the world? its not a picnic people so get this foolish Calvinism teaching out of ur heads. you have 2 cross the finish line 1st, its like walking a tight rope, jesus said matthew 10:22 those dat endure 2 the end will be truly saved not those dat are born again will be truly saved there and then.
this subject does nothing more than create DIVISION people are so busy arguing can you /you cant half dont even know the Bible . might i add we are more secure in salvation .than what many believe. i realize this will create a fire storm.. { i have plenty living water } what does it say norn of the incorruptible seed.. i was listening to a missionary baptist preacher sunday .. he said i believe in osas he then said . i also believe they will stay with it.. that point i agree
1 John 2:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

i have read about a former pastor denouncing his faith.. i doubt he was ever saved . sad thing is many don't even begin to understand the true teaching of eternal security... which is not a license to sin

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone worked retail during the Christmas season - you know, September to New Years? And “Rock Around the Christmas Tree” plays for the fifth time since you started your shift 40 minutes earlir?

So now you know how I feel about another OSAS thread

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why does it also say in Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing that he who begun a good work in us will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: farouk

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The righteous shall persevere and I know I should stop cussing but I find it normal.

The one thing I know about using profanity is it took training on my part to erase it from my vocabulary, and it did not happen overnight!!
Persevere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Growth is not salvation. Growth comes because of salvation and having his truth in us.
Does a father cease to be a father just because his child disobeys him?
Peter cursed like a sailor at the time of Jesus Crucifixion. It didn't cause him to lose his salvation but rather made him realize without salvation he had no hope of eternal life.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen
this subject does nothing more than create DIVISION people are so busy arguing can you /you cant half dont even know the Bible . might i add we are more secure in salvation .than what many believe. i realize this will create a fire storm.. { i have plenty living water } what does it say norn of the incorruptible seed.. i was listening to a missionary baptist preacher sunday .. he said i believe in osas he then said . i also believe they will stay with it.. that point i agree
1 John 2:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

i have read about a former pastor denouncing his faith.. i doubt he was ever saved . sad thing is many don't even begin to understand the true teaching of eternal security... which is not a license to sin
Amen....and those who start such threads are no more sinless than the next person.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. For God's sake the righteous shall persevere, but it probably won't be easy. The Bible says some won't make it.
Those who harden their hearts towards Him after receiving salvation are the ones who are in danger of losing their salvation. I have met many people in my life who have done this. It is so sad to see what state their soul has become. They are angry, bitter people.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This kind of thinking and belief comes from not fully understanding the nature of time as compared to the nature of eternity. It is the natural thinking of men and of the flesh, and those stuck within the sphere of the world and its ways.

Time is not anything chronological that we can loose something gained. Time is what is written in the timelessness of God, but revealed within the times of men--and yet everything was already finished before the foundation of the world. Have you not perceived that the scriptures and the things of God are written in pasted tense, only resorting to things that "shall come to pass" in the future when referring to the times of men? This is either a grammatical error by God, or what I am reporting is true: God has said it both ways, one as timeless truth, and the other as "if you don't believe it, just you wait and see." Which is exactly what I am saying now...and while it can be denied, the scriptures bear it out.

So, no, no one is "walking a tight rope", but rather we are all walking out our salvation as it is written in the books of God. And the passage that says we are to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling", is simply an indication that we are doing penance; and, yes, the best advice is to "endure until the end." But again, that is not to say there is anything chronological going on...except that it is all being told chronologically..like reading a book. That is what it is, reading His judgement--His sentence is being read, for which we should indeed "tremble."

But in God's kingdom we doing nothing chronological. Just as God "is" ("I am"), we too, simply "are"...and this world of time (history: His story) is just what is written of it.

Oh, and Calvin--he never had a clue.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the verses on Eternal Security. I confess my sins, because it is for the benefit of growing closer to God in my relationship with Him. The true apology is actual repentance. If you confess it and then don't change anything, then it doesnt matter anyway. I believe once saved, always saved!!!!! I am a born again believer!!!!! I am Daddy's girl and proud of it. Of course, for those who do not believe in OSAS, just guard your steps like us "garbage" thinkers think. :) The only difference is I believe there is a freedom in confessing and serving God out of love without the fear of losing my salvation. I don't ever want to walk away from God to find out!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the verses on Eternal Security. I confess my sins, because it is for the benefit of growing closer to God in my relationship with Him. The true apology is actual repentance. If you confess it and then don't change anything, then it doesnt matter anyway. I believe once saved, always saved!!!!! I am a born again believer!!!!! I am Daddy's girl and proud of it. Of course, for those who do not believe in OSAS, just guard your steps like us "garbage" thinkers think. :) The only difference is I believe there is a freedom in confessing and serving God out of love without the fear of losing my salvation. I don't ever want to walk away from God to find out!
I think people confuse salvation as a walk of living without sin when what it is all about is having a belief by our faith on the one who died for our sins. That is salvation.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think people confuse salvation as a walk of living without sin when what it is all about is having a belief by our faith on the one who died for our sins. That is salvation.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

A pastor I heard said it beautifully that we have been set free from the noun, but we are still overcoming the verb.

Reactions: Heart2Soul