• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hi @David kilmer,

If you don't love your neighbor as yourself then that is a sin.

The law (including the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself) was given as a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. It shows us that we are sinners in need of a Saviour. It has the power to convert the soul; but it does not have the power to impart life.

Our only hope of salvation is forgiveness through the blood of Christ.

As such, attempting to earn our salvation through what we do won't cut it. Jesus forgives us through a simple faith in His blood (Romans 5:9).

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 will tell you that if you keep in memory the gospel, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures...you will be saved.

If you begin to think that you are saved by anything that you have done to earn your salvation, you will not keep the gospel in the memory of your heart. Alzheimer's or other deterring factors will remove the truth of the gospel from your mind, if it isn't in your heart...this understanding that you are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

While the blood has the power to sanctify, and we are also never justified apart from the blood; and also, when applied the blood cannot do one thing without doing the other...yet I would say to you that you are not justified by being sanctified. If you are justified you will be sanctified...and vice versa...however, it is not our holiness of life that saves us, but our faith in Christ's shed blood...and holiness of life develops out of that.

Therefore, this concept of my good deeds outweighing my bad ones unto salvation is faulty in the biblical sense.

The fact of the matter is, if I am forgiven through the blood of Christ, I am forgiven even if my bad deeds outweigh my good ones. And if I am not forgiven, I will go to hell even if my good deeds outweigh my bad ones.

The key has to do with being forgiven. Jesus is the way, and the truth, and the life; and no one comes to the Father (or to salvation) except through Him.

He paid a very high price for you...God's estimation of your worth is that Christ's blood was shed for you as a payment over the penalty of your sins.

He loves you.

Don't trust in your works to save you...only Jesus can do the work, and He offers salvation to you as a free gift...whether you consider yourself to already be a Christian or not.
But what about love for yourself?

Reactions: GodsGrace

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Jesus is the vine
YOU are the branch.

The vine feeds the branch.
if you leave the branch, it will die for lack of food.
John 15:5-6

Why do you wish to leave a life of love?
Is it asking too much for you?
Maybe Maybe not.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
2. They're very affordable
3. They're one of the finest drinks, or Best
4. Coffee is a good lineup or competition
5 milk tea water or peach tea are good too some said water is the best but Kool aid. However water is awesome It cleanses out the system and is good cold

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What IS a life of love?
It's simply doing what Jesus said to do:
LOVE GOD
LOVE YOURSELF
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

So, it's like, you go to the store one day in a bad mood.
The clerk aggravates you.
Instead of getting mad at her/him,,,you try to be patient and not make their day any worse.

Little stuff like that adds up to a lot and makes life in the Kingdom of God much better.

The Kingdom starts here.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Weed or marijuana is a plant or herb.

Your posts remind me again of a flow of ideas without necessarily building a consistent framework or sense of robustness. If you cannot hold these ideas together and they just flow, then literally this perspective is just sounding profound but being empty.

People who have lsd trips end up like this. Or buddhist statements like one hand clapping.

So I wonder if you have one single position you hold to, but rather just like repeating single sentences. :)

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Your posts remind me again of a flow of ideas without necessarily building a consistent framework or sense of robustness. If you cannot hold these ideas together and they just flow, then literally this perspective is just sounding profound but being empty.

People who have lsd trips end up like this. Or buddhist statements like one hand clapping.

So I wonder if you have one single position you hold to, but rather just like repeating single sentences. :)
Alright I'll tell you. My idea or perspective is that marajuans or weed is now legal and it is alot better for you than cigarettes. I wish I could smoke it j used to a long time ago and it is like one of the healthiest and kind of one of the best drugs, but it is an herb. It is a very good high and it makes you feel really good. It gives you a healthy appetite and lasts for hours and is affordable. It is green but you can get it purple as well or with white thc to get you a good high and sodas coffee or energy drinks go good with it. Cigarettes too or some beer. Tea as well.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

I pretty much hold true to Coolness and Christ. He had 2 walks or roads. One in the spirit and one in the flesh. And he is a God. He is Gods son and I'm sure he's good and likeable.He may have darkness as well. He's cool too. So to rule Jesus out on a social sense may not be valid.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Although the acronym JOY puts it in this order:

Jesus Others You.
Yes and with Jesus or you it's feeling satisfied or pleasure feelings. Food and drink is one of them. Joy as you put it isn't necessarily bad. It could be as sophisticated as pleasure or food. It isn't lame or holy.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I pretty much hold true to Coolness and Christ. He had 2 walks or roads. One in the spirit and one in the flesh. And he is a God. He is Gods son and I'm sure he's good and likeable.He may have darkness as well. He's cool too. So to rule Jesus out on a social sense may not be valid.
Ok, but this is not a believers perspective, it's a admirers distant view.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Ok, but this is not a believers perspective, it's a admirers distant view.
Yes but keep in mind if he's the son of God then he has much power. This is in high regard and is like believing. If not the same thing. I'm just not quite too big on the light but I do think live every now and again and good aspirations are good and come in handy or into play and have some good uses like for your family and others but not in a hillbilly sense. To be dark is one side, but to try to be good or love is the other side and I think when incorporated can take you far and is good for change sometimes. Just not in every situation. Love does help sometimes. In probably a lot of situations. It's good for your family just be you as much as you want.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The thing is you want to strengthen and encourage your kids. To show them love kindness a good time or sternness or strength of character or rough is all good. It helps build their character and manliness. Going to school helps make them responsible and is useful. Many things are useful. To make them cool or in other words be a good example or make them one is good. The Bible says God gave man a help mate, he made woman, and she can hel the other person with things like groceries bills cooking and cleaning and supplies. The Bible says man is the head of the house. Your child or kid is his or her own person, and he or she may kind of look like or be like you, either through genes or taking after you. To show live kindness s good time and appreciation to your family is good or useful and goes far it's a good work for these reasons and also because they are an intelligent being and useful or worth it in a social sense. Your wife of family can be cool with it.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
She also gets the kids to school and when I say rough I mean things like playing football or wrestling with them and teaching them how to play sports or playing them with them or playing video games with them. Then they grow up from there but they may want to still do these things.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Oh and also remember they might not be boring it just depends on what they are focusing on it's just learning to read and write are important. And sometimes there's only one way to say something.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
These are like some normal teachings. It's pretty much what's in parts of the Bible.

Last edited: