• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word witchcraft or sorcery in Galatians 5:19-21 is translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, which is the same Greek word that we get the English word pharmacy from. It means drugs.

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told youin time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The word witchcraft or sorcery in Galatians 5:19-21 is translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, which is the same Greek word that we get the English word pharmacy from. It means drugs.

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told youin time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
So the kingdom of God as shown in this example is peace and love or light. But what if it too was being normal or cool, or nice or a fighter in mentality or a friend? It may be about having a good time? Or a help mate?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Hm... I've done many of these things except murder.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The Bible says says to be angry with your brother without a cause is murder
Is this speaking of bullying your brother or beating him up as bullying?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The Bible says it's better to control yourself than to be controlled. And justifying your brother and making amends and apologizing is helpful it is a forkl but day....it shows you justified before your parent or God. It could also help make him a good fighter.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Let no man call you a fool... What if someone says something foolish? Are you in danger of hell fire if you call them a fool? What if they do something foolish? Should we just lead and help correct them?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Just by faith, can you describe lascviousness, and surely who does believe these are the only works of the flesh the works of the spirit are fornication bigotry or big headedness and misassumptions that flesh beings don't like the spirit or spirit beings don't like the body!

Making things or having them isn't idolatry. It's normal. Magic is everywhere, and envyings or choosing isn't always correct and emulations is kind of like stealing but is it always illegal? The flesh andany people have wrath what you think we don't? And the law isn't always correct! Bible law.. maybe maybe not... Choosing... Yeah but all people have abilities or talents or gifts.

What's wrong to revel in yourself or life? And one perception isn't always correct.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
the ten commandments only points to sin . never was intended to save break one break them all .. do your best to keep them all
Maybe .... However.... How is faith from the bronze age have anything to do with or judge today's time, the internet age?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The digital age? If for Jesus or forgiveness maybe or yes.. I do know quite a bit....but the ten commandments...hmm... Some things aren't really sin at all. Plus I know where I stand.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Although the acronym JOY puts it in this order:

Jesus Others You.

I know what you mean....
But this is not what Jesus said and I've always thought Him to be the best
psychiatrist ever.

I came to understand at some point in my life that if you're not happy with yourself, you won't be able to really love others.

Jesus said to:
Love God
Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF.....

This means that you love yourself FIRST
and then your neighbor.

What thinkest thou?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but keep in mind if he's the son of God then he has much power. This is in high regard and is like believing. If not the same thing. I'm just not quite too big on the light but I do think live every now and again and good aspirations are good and come in handy or into play and have some good uses like for your family and others but not in a hillbilly sense. To be dark is one side, but to try to be good or love is the other side and I think when incorporated can take you far and is good for change sometimes. Just not in every situation. Love does help sometimes. In probably a lot of situations. It's good for your family just be you as much as you want.

This is not having faith in Christ and walking in His ways. What you are describing is a distant trade to keep someone happy.

Jesus calls us to surrender our lives to Him, to open up our hearts, to admit we have totally failed and can never aspire to achieve that which He is offering. You are a long way from knowing this or confessing it.

Are you interested in entering the Kingdom of heaven and following Jesus?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean....
psychiatrist ever.

I came to understand at some point in my life that if you're not happy with yourself, you won't be able to really love others.

Jesus said to:
Love God

and then your neighbor.

What thinkest thou?
I think that the Lord does not want us to be selfish.

He is there saying that we already love ourselves quite naturally...not giving us a command to love ourselves.

As a matter of fact, the Holy Ghost has it in His word that perilous times will come in the last days because men will be, among other things, lovers of themselves (2 Timothy 3:1-5).

So I don't think that He is exemplifying it as a virtue in the command to love your neighbor as yourself. He is actually saying that people are naturally selfish (sinful, Jeremiah 17:9 and other passages). So then, He is commanding us to love others to the same extent that we love ourselves.

If we are going to do that with everyone, we would have to put ourselves last. Because we are called to love every other person equally, with the same love that we have for yours truly....me...let each person apply it to their own selves. Therefore, if I love myself 100%, I am to love two other people in my life 100% + 100% = 200%.

And we are to love the Lord supremely.

Therefore I do believe that the acronym for JOY holds true...

Which can only be accomplished supernaturally through receiving the promise in Romans 5:5 through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14).

Last edited:
Reactions: David kilmer

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I know what you mean....
psychiatrist ever.

Jesus said to:
Love God

and then your neighbor.

What thinkest thou?
It think it's pretty in par. But I don't think that you should live those that are fighting you. Jesus says " live those that persecute you" but I think that scenario isn't always correct.