• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm certain that I'm a Christian I just struggle sometimes as others do
That's good to know. But you still need a personal Christian counselor, or helper, or mentor, or discipler, to help you overcome your struggles and be strong. That can only be done confidentially and face-to-face.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many mega Churches today on the OSAS (once saved, always saved) doctrines of men. Many of them are prosperity ministries. Makes sense money would especially be involved, because those men are 'selling' Christ's salvation like the Roman Church tried to do with selling exemptions for the souls of member's dead relatives to get out of purgatory, which was one of the doctrines of men that upset Luther and caused him to declare his 95 thesis.

I like the way pastor Joe McGee described those in Christ. We may slip up seven times in one day, but we repent and ask Jesus forgiveness and then get back to working for Him. He well knows we can never be perfect in this flesh, and that we will slip up and sin at times. That is why He died on the cross for us, so as to be our Mediator to The Father for us, because while in this flesh, we are as filthy rags to God and but an unclean thing.
Yes God does not want us to keep sinning.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who teaches things like that, that as long as you believe in Jesus you can't sin? That is ridiculous, like you get a free pass to continue to sin as long as you believe in Jesus.
You might be surprised what some people believe and teach others. Then again if you stick around this forum very long likely nothing will surprise you.

Reactions: GodsGrace

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
That's good to know. But you still need a personal Christian counselor, or helper, or mentor, or discipler, to help you overcome your struggles and be strong. That can only be done confidentially and face-to-face.
Also know that Christians already know it's a basic human instinct to kill, I just thought I'd give it a go you reap what you sow.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Yes God does not want us to keep sinning.
Yes that is true. He forgives much when we claim him, he forgives sinners and will help straighten us where we need or choose, just as a dad or father helps his child. But God doesn't want us to sin he wants to help us with this as much as we can and provided the necessary ingredients in the Bible we have to study he can help us with our struggles and problems, he has solutions if we need help and we realize it or admit it. We and he knows we are sinners, and we beg forgiveness and mercy to almighty God and he does hear us. I was told he has a plan for the Earth and world alike to lead us to the safety raft of God like Noah did. It's really a good story of survival.

Reactions: JohnPaul

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Gods love for each person is alot and love forgives a multitude of sins as God says in the Bible he arrives with us and wisdom from others or good works such as loving your son or child can help. There is faith in family and works. Wisdom can take away sins and it guides.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God doesn't really want us to continue in sin but he wants us to have a good balance.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hi David, Faith is salvation, without faith one does not know Jesus.
But this faith or belief is in who Jesus is and what He has done. It is demonstrated in the life of the believer and how they interact.
This is Johns argument. Jesus and His presence in the heart of an individual will be demonstrated over time unmistakably.

Going on what Jesus said, every word will be looked at, every testimony, every action, to see what the testimony truly is.
Paul desired to take every thought captive, quite an aspiration.

Sometimes we think a hour long service once a week dedicated to Jesus is just too much.
But in reality if Christ is in our heart, everything we do needs to be guided, supported and dedicated to Jesus in prayer.
It is hard to think of something that will be ignored or left out.
Yes and I believe Jesus is the son of God and passed tests and prayed and provided for us to come to God. And to get the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is true. He forgives much when we claim him, he forgives sinners and will help straighten us where we need or choose, just as a dad or father helps his child. But God doesn't want us to sin he wants to help us with this as much as we can and provided the necessary ingredients in the Bible we have to study he can help us with our struggles and problems, he has solutions if we need help and we realize it or admit it. We and he knows we are sinners, and we beg forgiveness and mercy to almighty God and he does hear us. I was told he has a plan for the Earth and world alike to lead us to the safety raft of God like Noah did. It's really a good story of survival.
Can you share that story with me, perhaps in a PM?

I'd love to read it, I know God has a plan for us, for those of us who want to be saved and are saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and I believe Jesus is the son of God and passed tests and prayed and provided for us to come to God. And to get the kingdom of God.
Don't forget to capitalize the "S" in Son.

We are to honour the Son just as we honour the Father (John 5:23).

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Can you share that story with me, perhaps in a PM?

I'd love to read it, I know God has a plan for us, for those of us who want to be saved and are saved.
The Bible says the thoughts of men's hearts were only evil conrinually so God sent a flood to the Earth. God gathered up a man of God to save the race. He told him to preach to people that God was going to send a flood and nobody believed or listened. When time passed God had Noah gather materiel for the ark he told him to build. He was told to bring his family and gather 2 of every clean animal and one of every unclean animal. The clean animals were to save the animals where the unclean were for food. The flood cake and drowned the whole Earth but Noah and his family. God baptised the Earth in water and preserved the human race. Men were too evil and God could have chose to decimate the whole planet but instead chose to save it by getting rid of the evil people and preserving the race through one persons family. God sent the flood because nobody believed on him or asked for repentance for their sins and the whole Earth was evil.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says the thoughts of men's hearts were only evil conrinually so God sent a flood to the Earth. God gathered up a man of God to save the race. He told him to preach to people that God was going to send a flood and nobody believed or listened. When time passed God had Noah gather materiel for the ark he told him to build. He was told to bring his family and gather 2 of every clean animal and one of every unclean animal. The clean animals were to save the animals where the unclean were for food. The flood cake and drowned the whole Earth but Noah and his family. God baptised the Earth in water and preserved the human race. Men were too evil and God could have chose to decimate the whole planet but instead chose to save it by getting rid of the evil people and preserving the race through one persons family.
Correction:

Gen 7:2, Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The Devil controlled the world and God sent the flood and the Devil survived because he is a spirit creature. The Bible speaks of one final battle between God and the Devil, the battle of Armageddon. The struggle for control of the Earth still goes on today between the 2 of them.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Correction:

Gen 7:2, Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
Oh yeah it was 7 of the clean animals. Thanks for the update I was going off the top of my memory.