Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"THE LAW".... obey, under...without knowing WHAT law?

God Bless,
Taken
ya, confusion there, too, but tbh i find that kind of silly; obey the laws that you can get arrested for not obeying, and apply conviction to everything else imo.
Discover what law you are "under" when you find yourself "under," and calling out for relief imo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite a verbose rant - but you're wrong on ALL points here.

Did you somehow think starting out speaking to me in such a manner would capture my attention to consider anything further you have to say?

If so, you were mistaken.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, Determinism is pretty dead now, i guess. that is what we are witnessing, seems to me
That was NOT the point I was making, bbyrd. I was making the point that Judas had an Epignosis of Jesus and was able to cast out demons - and then fell away.

Not sure why you went off on a tangent . . .
ah, my bad, mostly to point out that Judas likely never encountered any actual The Exorcist types either; plus i guess Judas confessed, rebounded, etc, so i would say that he is surely as forgiven as anyone else, even if he had to be symbolically condemned in Scripture, for promoting Nehushtan worship or whatever, insisting upon a literal king and crown scenario for Jesus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you somehow think starting out speaking to me in such a manner would capture my attention to consider anything further you have to say?

If so, you were mistaken.

God Bless,
Taken
If you don't want to have a discussion - that's up to you.
Make NO mistake, however - I will continue to expose to your anti-biblical claims about OSAS . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, my bad, mostly to point out that Judas likely never encountered any actual The Exorcist types either; plus i guess Judas confessed, rebounded, etc, so i would say that he is surely as forgiven as anyone else, even if he had to be symbolically condemned in Scripture, for promoting Nehushtan worship or whatever, insisting upon a literal king and crown scenario for Jesus
Actually - if I were a bettin' man, I would say that Judas wasn't forgiven - but that is not for me to say.
Jesus said about him:
Matt. 26:24
"But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I trust Jesus IS the Truth. His Word suffices me to be Absolute.

I trust Scripture was written and blessed by God. His Acceptance is sufficient for me.

God Bless,
Taken
ha well, who could disagree with any of those, right

nonetheless apparently many will be deceived; even the elect

you're anxious to be Taken, i am prepared to be Left, yet we both cling to your admittedly ambiguous statements up there, lol

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
an interesting exercise here is to try and state an Absolute Truth from Scripture; i don't think this can be done, and several have already tried here.

Not sure what the common verdict is on their attempts, maybe a poll would be in order lol

This one goes around and around doesn't it.
Do you really believe that there is an absolute truth?
As you say...I don't think it can be done...for the fact not so much in what the scripture says, but in each man's interpretation of the scripture....that is where the problem lays.
I think there is only one Truth... and that is absolute.
I don't believe that truths ( while being <true= a statement proven to be or accepted as true>) ie " It is truth that my husband just left the house."...
true indeed....but not the absolute truth. There is only one truth.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya, Determinism is pretty dead now, i guess. that is what we are witnessing, seems to me

Agree..nailed it!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ergo a translated, retranslated, and then interpreted Bible is likely not the best expression of Word, yes

Well...there is that little thingy..."Gifted Blessing" FOR those who Are Saved and Born Again.

God writing His Word in a mans Heart.
Jer 31:33

And...

The Lord giving a man His Understanding.
2 Tim 2:7

Those are things, I Trust. :)

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well...there is that little thingy..."Gifted Blessing" FOR those who Are Saved and Born Again.

God writing His Word in a mans Heart.
Jer 31:33

And...

The Lord giving a man His Understanding.
2 Tim 2:7

Those are things, I Trust. :)

God Bless,
Taken
well that's cool, i am comforted just knowing that as my neighbor you are seeking any understanding of God, even if yours currently holds that you will be "taken" from earth at some point by Jesus, coming to save you again or whatever. i'd keep an open mind there, ok. Ezekiel's "soft landings" and "pillows" sure seem applicable to me there!

the Lord gave some other guys "strong delusions" too, see.
Imo we all operate with a mix of both

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"belief" is also not in the Bible, where you said it was, either, see

2 Thes 2:13
.....BELIEF of the truth.

Believe some 300+ times in Scripture.
Believed 100+ times in Scripture.

I am pretty confident with comprehending ..
Belief, Believe, Believed.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2 Thes 2:13
.....BELIEF of the truth.

Believe some 300+ times in Scripture.
Believed 100+ times in Scripture.

I am pretty confident with comprehending ..
Belief, Believe, Believed.

God Bless,
Taken
if you look in the Lex, many of those turn into "faith," though, i guess:

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Thessalonians 2:13 Lexicon: But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

for an example.
and note that we are not even addressing ppl's propensity to put themselves where their desires are to be, as is being inferred in this passage--iow "brethren beloved by the Lord" is left ambiguous, for a reason; so that as many as possible can infer themselves to be in that state, perhaps.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, confusion there, too, but tbh i find that kind of silly; obey the laws that you can get arrested for not obeying, and apply conviction to everything else imo.
Discover what law you are "under" when you find yourself "under," and calling out for relief imo

In Civil Law, there is no excuse to "not know", precisely because it is written, recorded, and available to the public.

The crux of the matter, that we have tossed back and forth....IS

Hebrews had laws. Written, Spoken, Taught, and they were Subject to the Laws....
Because "they agreed TO BE Subject to those Laws."

Ex 19:8
Josh 1:16

Time travel forward...some Hebrews KEEPING their own word, some not.

Time travel forward...the 12 Tribes...each Tribe with it's own "leader"...

Time travel forward..."leaders" die, new "leaders", often with "new ideas".

Time travel forward...Ten Tribes to the north,
Split and call their lands ISRAEL...Two Tribes to the south, Judah and Benjamin, call their lands JUDAH and call the people Jews.

Time travel forward...Israel / Judah becomes over powered, claimed by Gentiles.

Time travel forward...a little strip of land, in original JUDAH, is declared to be called ISRAEL, and occupied with men calling themselves, Jews, Israelites.... AND Gentiles.

Reverse in Time ~ (and forward to today)
Jews and (some) Gentiles claiming the one Same God. Some Gentiles claiming the Jewish Messiah is come and Give Salvation to any man who chooses to Accept His Gift.
Many Jews reject such notion.

Reverse in Time ~ (and forward to today)
Jews / Gentiles are no different to God.
Jews / Gentiles PEOPLE continue to SEPARATED themselves.

Jews (not all, but religiously practicing Jews)
Continue to be SUBJECTED to their historical Laws.
(By the way, which would be found IN THEIR BOOKS and RECORDS in their own Deppositories .... NOT every Civil Governments Library depository .)

Gentiles (not all, but those WHO "SUBJECTED THEMSELVES" TO CHRIST JESUS)... were NOT subjecting themselves to Hebrew or Jewish Laws. THEY WERE "SUBJECTING THEMSELVES" " TO " "CHRIST JESUS"!

Now...to not forget...the Hebrews, the Jews, were APPOINTED Teachers, long before the Gentiles were grafted in.

It is the Hebrews, the Jews writings, that Gentiles have wide access to ... ie the Bible;
One of the thee most world wide distributed books.

And to NOTE....a man SUBJECTING himself to Christ Jesus....needs to HEAR and KNOW what Christ Jesus set forth AS LAW.

Matt 22

Everything depends ON "IF", what an individual man BELIEVES.

A Jew or Gentile has his own INDIVIDUAL Believes and can SUBJECT himself to WHAT those BELIEFS entail.

I subjected MYSELF to Christ Jesus, and His Two all encompassing Commandments.
(All encompassing revealed in Matt 22:40).

But what about ALL the LAWS of the Jews, taught in the NT?

IF you are familiar with legalese...you would know...A LAW...has an expanded inclusion.
That INCLUSION is ... the CONSEQUENCE.

There is a CONSEQUENCE
FOR....obeying the law
AND
FOR....not obeying the law

Every Consequence for NOT obeying Hebrew Law, and Jewish Law....is Broadly called a SIN, and the consequence thereof is specifically identified.

WHEN I subjected myself to Christ Jesus;
I was FORGIVEN "ALL" of my sins Against God.

For Disobeying Hebrew Laws? No.
For Disobeying Jews Laws? No.

FOR not believing in God? Yes.
FOR corrupting my soul, in my disbelieving flesh? Yes.

So here's the deal...
The Scriptures teach PRECEPTS, of things that ARE and ARE not Glorifying to God.

It matters not to me IF they are called LAWS or not.
It matters not to me IF Jews believe there is a Consequence of SIN, for not doing something to Glorify God.

I am not a Jew, nor did I subject myself to their Religious Laws.

All of their "consequences" for NOT obeying a Law.....ARE "curses" FROM God, to the MAN, called a SIN of the man.

I have been Forgiven of ALL of my Sins Against God....and am KEPT by His POWER, that I can NEVER AGAIN, NOT BELIEVE in Him, or Again corrupt my soul.

And ALL of the "CURSES" of the Laws that are SINS unto the man.... I have been REDEEMED of being SUBJECT TO.
Gal 3:13

And all those STILL UNDER THE LAW, are still UNDER the CURSE of the Law, which is to say, violation of the law, is still unto them a SIN.
Gal 3:10

About the PRECEPTS.
IF...I, according to the PRECEPTS written for my benefit, I DO, that Glorifies God....

God SHALL reward my effort and works.

IF...I, according to the PRECEPTS written for my benefit, I DO NOT DO, to Glorifiy God....

God SHALL NOT reward my effort and work.

There IS NO Curse punishment, or Sin attributed to me, for NOT doing a work to Glorify God.

Do I suggest, a man should NOT do works to Glorify God? Absolutely not.

Do I suggest, men on a large scale have no clue of knowing what I just wrote? Absolutely.

IMO the majority of Christians are Scripture illiterate owing a dusty Bible, and carrying a Bible to Church as if it is an outward and justifiable symbol that they actually read it and know it and understand it...

So inanutshell...
I subjected myself to Christ Jesus.
He gave me TWO Laws, and His own power keeps me obedient to those TWO Laws.
I am not under the Laws of the Hebrews or Jews.
I am not subject to the curses of the Hebrews or Jews Laws.
I am one who takes the Lords Precepts seriously and do according to the Power the Lord gives me, Glorify Him, according to His Way.
I am forgiven all of my sins.
I sin no more, by the Power of Christ who keeps me.
I have been adopted, cleansed, justified, sanctified, restored, quickened...by the Power of God....and am blessed to be called... forever; a son of God....and I wait patiently...
TO SEE Him, as He is. :)

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you look in the Lex, many of those turn into "faith," though, i guess:

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Thessalonians 2:13 Lexicon: But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

for an example.
and note that we are not even addressing ppl's propensity to put themselves where their desires are to be, as is being inferred in this passage--iow "brethren beloved by the Lord" is left ambiguous, for a reason; so that as many as possible can infer themselves to be in that state, perhaps.

Thanks. I am pretty confident the Lord and the individual engage in spiritual converssation and fellowship in a language well understood between the two.
(Greek speak, Hebrew, English, whatever)

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't want to have a discussion - that's up to you.

Obviously.

Make NO mistake, however - I will continue to expose to your anti-biblical claims about OSAS . . .

No one is stopping you from proclaiming, the False ideas that the Lords Works is subject to a mans whims.

Your works are obvious for anyone to observe.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well, who could disagree with any of those, right

nonetheless apparently many will be deceived; even the elect.

No, not the elect. Read more carefully...

"As if that were possible", is to mean, that is not possible.

you're anxious to be Taken, i am prepared to be Left, yet we both cling to your admittedly ambiguous statements up there, lol

I'm already Taken, precisely because I Subjected myself to be Taken.

I am the one WAITING to SEE the manifestation thereof. God is not going to be surprised....NOTHING is new for Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet Scripture strongly hints against this pov, wadr
he who says he knows anything does not yet know

He who has a "HOTLINE" you know...direct access....has an endless feed of HIS TRUTH.

Yum, yum, eat it up...His Word, His Truth.
Thirst for it...Drink, Drink it up, His Word His Truth....His Wisdom...His Understanding...

God Bless,
Taken

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, just understand that Hitler is "in" with this theology, ok, not that i wish to make any judgements where he is concerned lol

Curious why Hitler is the example. We are told we will know them by their fruit. His was rotten fruit. We are told we will know them by what spills out of the mouth because that is the condition of the heart: out of Hitler's heart came hatred, vengeance, murder and on and on. A man can say anything, we know by the "I never knew you" that doesn't make it true.

Luke 12:21
[21] So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Luke 6:45-46
[45] A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. [46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Hitler may have called Him "Lord, Lord" but he did not do that which Christ commands and teaches. How does hitler become the example of losing Salvation when it is pretty obvious he never had it to begin with?