Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Todays muse...

And yes, I just posted this in another thread...
=========
As I read through the posts on the Site. I thought to myself. “I wonder what kind of Christian Site this would be if all the references to RCC, RC, Catholic , Roman Catholic , and any post about their religion , the Pope etc, were deleted….and vanished!! What if?

What if everyone stopped looking at another person belief system ,and what if....everyone started looking to the Lord, writing about the good things of the Lord... instead of looking at what others are doing, and what if everyone started to share on the site the positive uplifting things,…even the hard things, happy things, sad things, and things that God was helping to get them through in their life!

It is sad ‘for me’ that the great bulk of postings on this Site are just preoccupations and distractions about with and about the Catholic doctrines and what others happen to believe!!

Is this the best that we can do??
Shame on us!!

Yep, I think half or more of the content of this Site would totally vanish if all anti-Catholic discussions and posts were pulled off.

What if….

Reactions: pia

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Like I said - that would be tantamount to saying that when God created Adam and Eve, He failed because they rebelled against Him.

If you think that a person can't rebel against Jesus - then you don't know Scripture.
I gave you about TEN passages that say you CAN lose your salvation - and you completely ignored them . . .

Again, I'm not referring to Adam and Eve. I'm referring to when Jesus died on the cross. I ignore your passages, and you ignore the cross. God Bless.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah didn't just "drink" wine and go to "sleep".
He drank until he was so drunk that he passed out naked.

As I educated you earlier - drunkenness IS a sin - and sin is imperfection . . .

Ephesians 5:18
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

Galatians 5:21
Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

LOL - Thanks for quoting New Testament knowledge and attempting to APPLY it to Noah.

Ding, ding, ding, Noah was the first to plant a vineyard.....he surely should have known the effects of drinking TOO MUCH WINE, that he should have learned in some future TV commercial...as you are attempting to apply future Scripture knowledge to him... LOL

Noah was just and perfect....while not perfect according to you....He was according to God; enough so, that God Saved Him.

But, carry on, cast your stones at Noah, I highly doubt anyone is depending on your opinion for salvation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL - Thanks for quoting New Testament knowledge and attempting to APPLY it to Noah.

Ding, ding, ding, Noah was the first to plant a vineyard.....he surely should have known the effects of drinking TOO MUCH WINE, that he should have learned in some future TV commercial...as you are attempting to apply future Scripture knowledge to him... LOL

Noah was just and perfect....while not perfect according to you....He was according to God; enough so, that God Saved Him.

But, carry on, cast your stones at Noah, I highly doubt anyone is depending on your opinion for salvation.

I have to agree with @BreadOfLife on this one..
He was drunk...was also naked...the scripture is pretty clear...
21 "And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. 23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. .."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree with @BreadOfLife on this one..
He was drunk...was also naked...the scripture is pretty clear...
21 "And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. 23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. .."

And? So He was within his tent, drunken, naked? The point was did that make him, unjust and not perfect as BOL was getting at?

Point is BOL, doesn't know what perfection is according to God.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I'm not referring to Adam and Eve. I'm referring to when Jesus died on the cross. I ignore your passages, and you ignore the cross. God Bless.
I'm not "ignoring" anything.

What Jesus did on the cross doesn't guarantee that I won't sin. It doesn't guarantee that I will stay with Him.
It guarantees only ONE thing: That our sins have been paid for - IF we repent

That's it. If we endure to the end, we will be saved.
NOWHERE in ALL of Scripture does it say that we cannot walk away.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when did "I came that you might have life, more abundantly" turn into "i can't wait to die, and go to heaven?"
John 14:2-3
My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

1 Cor. 5:8

We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

If YOU want to reject the reality of Heaven - be my guest.
However, this reality is one that was taught by Jesus and all of the NT writers.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry, pal - but drunkenness is not perfection.
It's condemned in Scripture - and NOT just in the New Testament . . .

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

Proverbs 23:30-35
Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine. Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a serpent and stings like an adder. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart utter perverse things. ...

Isaiah 5:11
Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them!

Proverbs 23:20-21
Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Isaiah 28:7
These also reel with wine and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed by wine, they stagger with strong drink, they reel in vision, they stumble in giving judgment.

Isaiah 5:22
Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine, and valiant men in mixing strong drink,

If you think that drunkenness is okay with God - then you don't know your Bible very well - DO you?
Do your homework . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
John 14:2-3
My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

1 Cor. 5:8

We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

If YOU want to reject the reality of Heaven - be my guest.
However, this reality is one that was taught by Jesus and all of the NT writers.
that you misinterpret 1Cor5:8, and stop there, pretty much tells me what i need to know BoL. Bam go with that if you like.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not "ignoring" anything.

But you are.

What Jesus did on the cross doesn't guarantee that I won't sin.

True.
The guarantee that a man can not sin ANYMORE, is WHEN the Spirit of God Dwells within a man.

It doesn't guarantee that I will stay with Him.

True.
The guarantee a man will stay with the Lord, is WHEN the Spirit of God Dwells within a man.

It guarantees only ONE thing: That our sins have been paid for - IF we repent

Wow. One fell swoop, and you instantly omit acknowledging or understanding oodles of Scripture.

That's it.

Nonsense.

If we endure to the end,

You should learn which scriptures applies to whom.

Gentiles were NOT subject to the Law.

In case you didn't notice; Jesus fulfilled the Jewish law given men by God AND mans law dictated by nature.

In case you didn't notice; Jesus did not destroy the law; and those Jews WHO REMAIN UNDER THE LAW, receive their salvation; AFTER ENDURING their obedience TO the Law; just as their forefathers did.
"THEY" have to "ENDURE" to their own end, by KEEPING their obedience TO THE LAW!

Many Gentiles have ACCEPTED their Salvation NOW; and their spiritual Birth from Gods Seed NOW. THEY don't ENDURE to their end and hope they satisfy God Obeying Jewish laws;
Their Lord KEEPS THEM BY His Indwelling Power.
There is NO SIN accounted unto them; THEIR SIN DIED WITH JESUS, and their own submission of being Crucified with Christ.

You are without understanding.

A man's whose Salvation is always in Jeopardy, of becoming lost to him;
IS A MAN who is VOID of the indwelling Spirit of God.

A man WHO is in the process of Learning About God; IS BELIEVING; but NOT YET SAVED or Born Again...UNTIL that man makes a HEARTFELT commitment to the Lord.

And until such man makes that commitment;
So also is HIS OWN Salvation in jeopardy of being lost.

There is that little thingy called physical death. Typically a man has no idea of WHEN at any moment he shall physically die....

So IF you pay attention to Scripture the teaching is an URGENGCY to secure ones Salvation, BEFORE it becomes lost to them to receive.

Physically DEAD men, who have not become Born Again....shall become forever Separated from God.

Men WHO HAVE become Born Again....ARE secure and shall forever be WITH God.

Men WHO ARE Jews, believing in God, believing in the Word of God, rejecting Jesus is their Messiah, rejected their Laws have been fulfilled......CONTINUE to be UNDER the Law....and they must continue (endure) and keep faithful, ACCORDING to their LAW, until their own ending of physical life.

NOWHERE in ALL of Scripture does it say that we cannot walk away.

Many men can walk away after hearing, believing, even receiving measures of faith...
It is plainly taught.

And you should have learned, such men HAVE NOT stuck with learinng and believing LONG enough to have Become Saved and Born Again.

People in the crowds walked away.
Judas was following along, believing, then walked away BEFORE he became saved and born again.....while the other eleven continued following, learning, believing, UNTIL they became prepared to make a heartfelt COMMITMENT; and DID SO.

A five yr old may require plain juvenile text.

As an adult and student of Scripture one SHOULD KNOW; a man heartfully submitting HIS LIFE to the Lord; IS giving his own consent of YES, for the Lord to TAKE Control and WHOLLY convert the man and KEEP the man UNTO Himself; BY HIS POWER!

A man is warned....to learn, to be sure BEFORE the man elects to submit to the Lord.....it's permanent.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that you misinterpret 1Cor5:8, and stop there, pretty much tells me what i need to know BoL. Bam go with that if you like.
I'm not "misinterpreting" anything.

The fact is that you reject what the Scriptures clearly says: That those who die in God favor will go to be with Him in Heaven (Matt. 5:3, 7:21, Luke 23:43, 1 Thess. 4:17, Phil. 3:20, Rev. 21:3-4).

Like I said - it's no skin of my back if you reject Heaven.
Good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are.
True.
The guarantee that a man can not sin ANYMORE, is WHEN the Spirit of God Dwells within a man.
True.
The guarantee a man will stay with the Lord, is WHEN the Spirit of God Dwells within a man.
Wow. One fell swoop, and you instantly omit acknowledging or understanding oodles of Scripture.
Nonsense.
You should learn which scriptures applies to whom.
Gentiles were NOT subject to the Law.
In case you didn't notice; Jesus fulfilled the Jewish law given men by God AND mans law dictated by nature.
In case you didn't notice; Jesus did not destroy the law; and those Jews WHO REMAIN UNDER THE LAW, receive their salvation; AFTER ENDURING their obedience TO the Law; just as their forefathers did.
"THEY" have to "ENDURE" to their own end, by KEEPING their obedience TO THE LAW!
Many Gentiles have ACCEPTED their Salvation NOW; and their spiritual Birth from Gods Seed NOW. THEY don't ENDURE to their end and hope they satisfy God Obeying Jewish laws;
Their Lord KEEPS THEM BY His Indwelling Power.
There is NO SIN accounted unto them; THEIR SIN DIED WITH JESUS, and their own submission of being Crucified with Christ.
A man's whose Salvation is always in Jeopardy, of becoming lost to him;
IS A MAN who is VOID of the indwelling Spirit of God.
A man WHO is in the process of Learning About God; IS BELIEVING; but NOT YET SAVED or Born Again...UNTIL that man makes a HEARTFELT commitment to the Lord.
And until such man makes that commitment;
So also is HIS OWN Salvation in jeopardy of being lost.
There is that little thingy called physical death. Typically a man has no idea of WHEN at any moment he shall physically die....
So IF you pay attention to Scripture the teaching is an URGENGCY to secure ones Salvation, BEFORE it becomes lost to them to receive.
Physically DEAD men, who have not become Born Again....shall become forever Separated from God.
Men WHO HAVE become Born Again....ARE secure and shall forever be WITH God.
Men WHO ARE Jews, believing in God, believing in the Word of God, rejecting Jesus is their Messiah, rejected their Laws have been fulfilled......CONTINUE to be UNDER the Law....and they must continue (endure) and keep faithful, ACCORDING to their LAW, until their own ending of physical life.
Many men can walk away after hearing, believing, even receiving measures of faith...
It is plainly taught.
And you should have learned, such men HAVE NOT stuck with learing and believing LONG enough to have Become Saved and Born Again.
People in the crowds walked away.
Judas was following along, believing, then walked away BEFORE he became saved and born again.....while the other eleven continued following, learning, believing, UNTIL they became prepared to make a heartfelt COMMITMENT; and DID SO.
A five yr old may require plain juvenile text.
As an adult and student of Scripture one SHOULD KNOW; a man heartfully submitting HIS LIFE to the Lord; IS giving his own consent of YES, for the Lord to TAKE Control and WHOLLY convert the man and KEEP the man UNTO Himself; BY HIS POWER!
A man is warned....to learn, to be sure BEFORE the man elects to submit to the Lord.....it's permanent.
All of your nonsense and Scriptural perversion aside - ANYBODY can walk away from God at ANT time.
Scripture is blindingly clear about this:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You're confused because you are ignorant of what "EPIGNOSIS" is . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, pal - but drunkenness is not perfection.

Sorry pal, but PERFECTION according to God, IS being IN the Lord, IS having a faithful HEART and JUSTLY walking in/ following His Precepts.

Sorry pal, but you attempting to Corrupt Scripture; of Noah being a Just and Perfect man in "HIS GENERATION", doesn't fly.

Sorry pal, but you once again trying to make Noah SUBJECT TO Scripture revealed YEARS after he planted the first vineyard, made wine, drank too much and slept naked in his own tent.

Nakedness is NOT a sin in the privacy of ones own home, less you, being Strange, and shower with your own clothes on and help to repopulate the earth lying with your spouse with your clothing on.

It's condemned in Scripture - and NOT just in the New Testament . . .

So? Do you expect to be subject to the law that has not yet been revealed.

Noah's incident happened in Genesis.

You are without understanding;
And attempt to corrupt Scripture.

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

Proverbs 23:30-35
Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine. Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a serpent and stings like an adder. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart utter perverse things. ...

Isaiah 5:11
Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them!

Proverbs 23:20-21
Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Isaiah 28:7
These also reel with wine and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed by wine, they stagger with strong drink, they reel in vision, they stumble in giving judgment.

Isaiah 5:22
Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine, and valiant men in mixing strong drink,

If you think that drunkenness is okay with God - then you don't know your Bible very well - DO you?

Don't speak for me. I said no such thing.

Do your homework . . .

You are without understanding. And your style of doing "homework" has failed you.

Big of you to attempt to make Noah subject to Scriptural Writings that had not yet been revealed....LOL

Gen 6:9
...Noah was a just man and PERFECT in his generation and Noah walked with God.

Go peddle your evidence beyond Noah's generation, with your snarky shoulder chip, to someone else; it's MOOT!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of your nonsense and Scriptural perversion aside - ANYBODY can walk away from God at ANT time.
Scripture is blindingly clear about this:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You're confused because you are ignorant of what "EPIGNOSIS" is . . .

Repeating your lack of understanding over and over and over is not the method to receiving Gods Understanding.

Telling over and over and over about knowledge, and kindness, and blah, blah...

Is NOT speaking to one having RECEIVED Salvation. And your ignorance of unknowing Salvation was PROVIDED for the WHOLE WORLD, by Christ Jesus Himself....

It isn't forced on anyone; the individual MUST claim, and TAKE their Salvation provided for them.

Apparently you have never received a GIFT CARD. It's given to you, it yours, but if you are too ignorant to go claim your gift ... and die.... boo hoo....you lose out on the gift!

Jesus came to DIVIDE -
The DIVISION is between men who ACTUALLY BECOME born again...
And men who do not.

The men Rejecting their Gift of Salvation...
Duh...lose it.

The men learning KNOWLEDGE, are being enlightened.....BUT have not Received the gift of Salvation....and
Duh....they are always in jeopardy of Losing their Salvation, if they die before Claiming their Salvation.

The man who HAS heard, been diligent in learning, trusting, believing, IS receiving Faith from God, and when His Heart is full of faith, He commits to God....ONE TIME and FOREVER becomes Saved, born again, AND indwelt with the Power of God ....that
Duh....KEEPS the man forever free from Sin and WITH the Lord.

Men are SAVED, by Gods Grace, by Gods Power, by a man heartfelt commitment; and Kept By the Power of God....NOT some mans wishy washy trying really hard to be faithful.

By your teaching....the Spirit of God DWELLS IN SIN, within a man WHO commits SIN.

Pfft...what nonsense.

A man IN SIN, is dead to God!
God is a God of THE LIVING!

Gods Spirit dwelling within a MAN, while the man commits sin....Complete corruption of Scripture.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry pal, but PERFECTION according to God, IS being IN the Lord, IS having a faithful HEART and JUSTLY walking in/ following His Precepts.

Sorry pal, but you attempting to Corrupt Scripture; of Noah being a Just and Perfect man in "HIS GENERATION", doesn't fly.

Sorry pal, but you once again trying to make Noah SUBJECT TO Scripture revealed YEARS after he planted the first vineyard, made wine, drank too much and slept naked in his own tent.

Nakedness is NOT a sin in the privacy of ones own home, less you, being Strange, and shower with your own clothes on and help to repopulate the earth lying with your spouse with your clothing on.
And I never said that Noah's sin was being naked, Einstein.
I said that his drunkenness was sinful and shows that he wasn't perfect. Nobody on earth is perfect - the Scripture never says that Noah was perfect.

Gen. 6:8 says the following:
NIV
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

KJV
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

The Hebrew word used here is "chen", which mean simpley means "favored" or "graced".
It DOESN'T mean "perfect, sparky . . .
So? Do you expect to be subject to the law that has not yet been revealed.

Noah's incident happened in Genesis.
You are without understanding;
And attempt to corrupt Scripture.
This position is woefully-ignorant for MANY reasons - not the least of which is the fact that you're giving EVERYBODY a free ride prior to the Law being written.

What was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?? there was no Law against their perversions.
Why was Cane banished? there was no Law against killing his brother.

What ignorance . . .
Don't speak for me. I said no such thing.
You are without understanding. And your style of doing "homework" has failed you.
Big of you to attempt to make Noah subject to Scriptural Writings that had not yet been revealed....LOL
Gen 6:9
...Noah was a just man and PERFECT in his generation and Noah walked with God.

Go peddle your evidence beyond Noah's generation, with your snarky shoulder chip, to someone else; it's MOOT![/QUOTE]
And as I already educated you - Gen. 6:9 never says that Noah was "perfect".
That's YOUR Scriptural perversion.

The word for "perfect" that we see in Deut. 18:13 is "tamiym".
Do your homework . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm not "misinterpreting" anything.
hmm, not sure "misinterpreting" is the right word, that interpretation might suit you just fine after all,
regardless of the fact that Paul did not say that, as can be determined by the briefest study in that passage.
we just went over this like a week ago or whatever, a month ago, search the site for it if you are seeking more (iow prolly not you, BoL)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repeating your lack of understanding over and over and over is not the method to receiving Gods Understanding.
Telling over and over and over about knowledge, and kindness, and blah, blah...
Is NOT speaking to one having RECEIVED Salvation. And your ignorance of unknowing Salvation was PROVIDED for the WHOLE WORLD, by Christ Jesus Himself....
It isn't forced on anyone; the individual MUST claim, and TAKE their Salvation provided for them.
Apparently you have never received a GIFT CARD. It's given to you, it yours, but if you are too ignorant to go claim your gift ... and die.... boo hoo....you lose out on the gift!
Jesus came to DIVIDE -
The DIVISION is between men who ACTUALLY BECOME born again...
And men who do not.
The men Rejecting their Gift of Salvation...
Duh...lose it.
The men learning KNOWLEDGE, are being enlightened.....BUT have not Received the gift of Salvation....and
Duh....they are always in jeopardy of Losing their Salvation, if they die before Claiming their Salvation.
The man who HAS heard, been diligent in learning, trusting, believing, IS receiving Faith from God, and when His Heart is full of faith, He commits to God....ONE TIME and FOREVER becomes Saved, born again, AND indwelt with the Power of God ....that
Duh....KEEPS the man forever free from Sin and WITH the Lord.
Men are SAVED, by Gods Grace, by Gods Power, by a man heartfelt commitment; and Kept By the Power of God....NOT some mans wishy washy trying really hard to be faithful.
By your teaching....the Spirit of God DWELLS IN SIN, within a man WHO commits SIN.
Pfft...what nonsense.
A man IN SIN, is dead to God!
God is a God of THE LIVING!
Gods Spirit dwelling within a MAN, while the man commits sin....Complete corruption of Scripture.
Actually - you're DEAD WRONG.

"Epignosis" is a word that means having a FULL, EXPERIENTIAL knowledge.
I may know your wife - but only YOU have a full, experiential knowledge of her.

A person who has a full, experiential knowledge of Christ is a person who has been born again in Christ.
Not that difficult to understand, son . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, not sure "misinterpreting" is the right word, that interpretation might suit you just fine after all,
regardless of the fact that Paul did not say that, as can be determined by the briefest study in that passage.
we just went over this like a week ago or whatever, a month ago, search the site for it if you are seeking more (iow prolly not you, BoL)
Ummmmm, 1 Cor. 5:8 is NOT the only verse I gave you.
Why are you dodging the others (Matt. 5:3, 7:21, Luke 23:43, John 14:2-3, 1 Thess. 4:17, Phil. 3:20, Rev. 21:3-4)??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The fact is that you reject what the Scriptures clearly says: That those who die in God favor will go to be with Him in Heaven
this is intimated as a double entendre in Scripture due to the prevalence of the then-current Pagan beliefs circulating; now you are just parrotting what the entire rest of the world believes though, i guess.

If you can't figure out where heaven is, or worse yet believe it is like Asgaard or Valhalla or whatever, then you are certainly welcome to propagate that, but believing does not make it true