Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the choice has been removed huh.

Ok, best of luck with that
You assume to much again. In the eyes of God I do not sin..as the song go I have a friend in Jesus, never been a sinner, I've never sinned.... In the eyes of man and the world I do sin...you are of the latter. Not a believer.

Either I should feel sorry for you because you really do not understand I'm not talking about sin here, or I should get annoyed with you because you are deliberately being an agitator.

I will just walk away at this point....

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
In every next decision?? In every second of time..??...Man with this type of answer it is hard for me to know if you are a true believer.
? ha, like if i say the right things maybe i'll qualify or something lol. i don't think it works like that; although my beliefs would certainly inform my next decisions i guess. So i would be safe and consider me your worst enemy, tbh. Or a neighbor or something. Don't trust anything i am saying, iow. Prove it wrong if you can

so, i dunno how much clearer "don't be deceived, little children" or even "Understand I AM" could be, although i do understand that we are so obsessed with what happens after we die that the focus is easily assumed to be in a different place than it should be.

yes, in every next decision, in every second of time even, if you want to perceive things that way--i don't do "time" myself, like not in numbers anyway--otherwise you might imagine that you have some imprimatur to do whatever the heck you want, right, if you imagine that you can no longer sin.

can you sin in Christ? of course not; but that does not mean you can't just deny Christ and sin anyway, we do it all the time, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are either a carnal believer, new believer that can be confused, or a non-believer.
and never the twain shall meet, huh. and i get to decide, right, this choice is mine, at least?
but once i have made the choice, a switch gets flipped, or something, and there is no way to change again?
God does something different for us then, or what exactly? How would you put it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is for all ages.

Agree ~
However a natural man Begins with "his" truth.
Which a mans truth is simply what he absolutely believes IS True.
A mans natural truth, "IS the mans natural spirit in his heart."

Gods TRUTH, is also Spirit. It is Gods Truth concerning Spiritual things.

When God circumcises a mans heart; He is cutting off the mans "supposed truth about Spiritual things" and giving the man Gods own Truth (Spirit), about Spiritual things.

So yes, TRUTH IS for all ages, all eras.
Some will accept having Gods truth in their Heart, others will not.

I love how people attack Calvin and yet know so little about him.

Agree. I have been told by a couple others, that I am a Calvinist. Which BTW, I know nothing about.
But similarity it is interesting how "people" decide for "others", what they believe and do not believe, and then speak FOR THEM, as if it IS so.

How can we overcome the power of the Holy Spirit,

Not possible to overcome His power.
But is possible for a man to reject volunteering to submit to His Power.

How can man, the created, fallen, sinful being over-rule the choice of the All Mighty?

It is not about man Ruling Over God.
That is not possible.

It is solely about the truth.
The truth of God IS; He loves His creations.
That does not change.
The truth of God IS; absolutely He is disappointed and at times angered with His creations.

Bottom line~ Gods desire is that All of His creations would ...Two things..
Believe IN Him and Love Him.
Those things, the individual created angel and man must choose.

How prideful and ignorant is it to think that we have any control over anything at all!!

Error. God forcing a man to believe in Him, Love Him....is not true belief, nor true love.
That is a mans choice.

Consider; men today, 3 categories.
1) Truly heartfully believe in and Love God
2) Absolutely do not believe or Love God.
3) Are unsure of what to choose to believe.

Consider: God Knew every person BEFORE they were born. He Knew their CHOICES.

Consider: WHOM does God "call", influence, put things in their path to be sparked, interested to learn about Him?

Consider; Many are called FEW are chosen.

Consider; HOW are many called? Hearing His Word, spread across the globe. A chance meeting of a person who sparks a mans interest. Angels unaware sparking a mans interest. Churches open invitation to come and hear and learn about God, missionaries, Etc.

IOW, God "calls" "Many" men, by and through influences.

And those that Answer Gods "calling" are FEW, and become His Elect. His chosen. His saints. His People. His ISRAEL. And HE; their God.

Can you keep your own heart beating? Do you think of breathing at night while you sleep? You cant even keep your own body alive, what makes you think we are in charge of our own souls? How could we be? Can our actions over rule the choice of God?

God dictates HOW He will influence.
Mankind is unaware of what choice "they will" make.
Nothing is secret to God. He knew before a man was born, what the man will choose....
And God has prepared a place according to each mans (and angels) choice.

Or when God makes a choice, is it set, never changing and forever effective.

Agree.

Contrary to popular belief, man has very little to do with his Salvation and Justification,

Disagree. Man has little to do with "knowing what choice he makes before he is born".

prideful boasting like being able to say "I kept my faith!!!"

One being happy to have the gift of faith from the Lord and to be happy the Lord Keeps the mans faith, is not boasting.
It's an expression of exalting the faithfulness of God and His power.

Boasting is about Works, such as a man giving his laundry list of ... I did this for the Lord, and I did that for the Lord, me, me, me, ain't I great....

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
picking up a cross takes hands, seems to me. even if i can agree with you in a sense

1 John 3:7 Lexicon: Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;

was for sure written to believers, right; for a reason, i guess
"practice" implies doing, with hands, imo

God gives us things to influence us, that we might be sparked and interested to come to Him and receive what He has to offer.
His Word, enlightenment, faith, promises, comfort, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, forever life with Him, etc.

It is there, and any man who wants that;
Can "TAKE IT". Thus, that man has received what was offered.

Look at the Devil Serpent in the Garden...
A mimicker of God.

Calls to the woman, gets her attention.
Speaks to her, she speaks to him...
First lesson in the coming downfall of the weak and unwise.

(And WHY, why, why, it is so necessary to set a child's foundation BEFORE he is set out in the world alone unprepared to stand against evil.)

So anyway. The devil in the garden captures the woman's attention. They engage in conversation (she didn't walk away). The devil convinces her with a lie, that hey she can eat the fruit. Now she turns her attention to the fruit, considering the fruit, while considering what the devil told her.

The devil was an evil Tempter, as his tempting, was for an evil purpose.

The "weak", not yet with an established foundation....fell for the devils Temptation.

She REACHED OUT AND TOOK the FRUIT Herself. And did eat of it.

Then comes the man, and she tells him of what she considered...
The devil, said it was okay.
The fruit, she believed was good to eat.

She offers the fruit to the man...AND,
He TAKES, and eats.

Bottom line...
One does the "offering".
Another decides to "TAKE" it or not.
God "offers".
Satan "offers".
And whoever TAKES from either (God or Satan)...it is by the ones own choice;

There is an interim in Offering and Taking.
Meaning...
God 'offers" lots of things.
...His word, His blessing, etc.
...Men can take them, leave them.
Satan "mimics" and "offers" lots of things.
...Even offered Jesus land!
...Men can take them, leave them.

Then there is an offering, from each, that is permanent. Once Taken, it is forever.
And who you TAKE from, becomes your MASTER.

Gods permanent offering is FOREVER Life...
Which He prepares a man TAKING such offer; via forgiveness, crucifying the body, cleansing, sanctification, salvation of the soul, quickening of the spirit, and then His Spirit dwells within the man KEEPING the man prepared for forever Life WITH Him, and MARKED with Gods Name upon the mans forehead.

Satan's permanent offering is HIS MARK, upon the man, in the mans hand or forehead.

Once a man has submitted to being claimed to either, it is the mans decision of his own final destiny; and he shall be claimed by either God or Satan, being who the man submitted to...and it is permanent.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the choice has been removed huh.

Ok, best of luck with that

REMOVED? Huh. I said the complete opposite.

The Choice has not been REMOVED...
It has been EFFECTED.

Inanutshell ~

God is saying; make a choice.
When a man makes a NATURAL heartfelt choice...to choose God.

He is making a choice VIA His "NATURAL spirit (truth), in His heart.

Instantly after that man makes THAT CHOICE....

His body becomes dead, washed, sanctified.
His soul becomes restored.
His natural truth becomes circumcised,
CUT OFF.
He is given a new Heart, and a new spirit, and Gods Spirit.

What precisely made the "choice" IS NOW DEAD.

What precisely made the "choice" HAS been sanctified, restored, made new, and IS Kept in THAT new condition by the Power of God.

What precisely EXISTS, to reneg on it's choice?

You are contending...a man change change his choice .... When there is NOTHING existing of the man, that made the "choice", to take back his choice.

Take his choice back to WHAT?
From what the man made his choice, no longer exists.

Understand yet?

God Bless,
Taken

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypercalvinists always overemphasis how vengeful God is toward the people he made for Hell, while making sure to exclude themselves as part of the elect. It is just as elitist as the pharisees.

It is easy to preach an angry God when you exclude yourself from the vengence of his hands, right Mr. Edwards?
Please tell me something.
These Calvinists, and these hyper-Calvinists, what type of church do they attend?
Are they Methodists, or Presbyterians, or what?

Reactions: Taken

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
picking up a cross takes hands, seems to me. even if i can agree with you in a sense

1 John 3:7 Lexicon: Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;

was for sure written to believers, right; for a reason, i guess
"practice" implies doing, with hands, imo
You know what?
To clear the air, why don't you give us your personal statement of faith so we can better understand where you are coming from.
Maybe that word Christian under your name needs to be modified.
Maybe you're really a hyper-Christian.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, and i'm still not buying it anymore wadr.

simply because this choice has to be made again, in every next decision, see.

No, don't see what you mean.

Are you saying, a man has to AGAIN DECIDE to believe?

How so? The man already GAVE his LIFE to God to KEEP the man IN faith, which God does with His indwelling Power.

and we have abundant Scripture that assures us a man can deceive themselves here

Sure they can.
We have duel thoughts.
One is from the heart, One is from the mind.

God is concerned first with the thoughts of the heart.
It is from the hearts thoughts one confesses belief in God.
It is the heart God circumcises, gives a man a new heart, with His truth written in that heart, and where His Spirit dwells to Feed the man His knowledge, wisdom, understanding.

WE thereafter have the power to CONFORM our minds thoughts to our hearts thoughts.
Some do exercise that power...some don't.

It does not affect ones salvation or born again spirit .... as far as jeopardizing their soul being born again or their spirit being "unquickened".

However a man WHO has the power to Conform his mind to the thoughts in his heart, being fed by the Spirit of God...
BUT doesn't...
MAY, absolutely; be negatively affected...

By; losing rewards, God would have given him, "IF" the man had done works to glorify Gods Name.

By: stirring trouble between men, coworkers, children, spouse, family members, neighbors, etc.
Lying, sneaking, cheating, gossiping, bullying, etc. Lots of ways men can stir trouble BETWEEN MEN....
AND?
Such man has to deal with the Consequences...OF other men...
Be it; a law authority, a spouse, children, coworkers, etc.
Be it; a divorce, kids that abandon them, authorities that arrest them, coworkers that backstab them, bullies that knock their lights out...whatever.

The teaching for a saved and born again man TO conform his mind to the thoughts of his heart are precisely, to deflect a man from stirring trouble then suffering the consequences of other men toward him.

But hey, nothing MAKES a man Conform his own mine to his heart.
A man can go along with his mind TOWARD other men and reap the consequences, get tired of it and subdue his mind to his heart...
Or not, and keep getting the same negative consequences from other men.

Point being...those things are between MEN.

Point being...what was already done between the Man and God is done.

The man elected to call on the Lord in Belief...
The Lord accepted that, and then immediately changed the man. He is saved and born again. And Kept in that condition forever, by the Power of God.

There is no choosing God again. He does not Save, the already Saved.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use a big boys Bible.
If you require little one-liners, single verses; try a Toddler Bible.
How about just trying to present some Scriptural proof for your false doctrine, hmmm?
Use ANY Bible you want - but give me some proof . . .
I repeat what the Lord has approved in Scripture.
If you think that "arrogant", who cares?
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;
For his seed remaineth in him:
And he cannot sin.
Because he is born of God.
While you are wondering if maybe, you are saved, or kind of sort of saved, or waiting to be saved.....depending on the day, you make your wishy washy claims...
I am already forgiven, saved AND born of Gods seed, and sin no more.
If that bothers you....who cares?
Another load of un-Biblical bunk.

NEITHER John, nor the Holy Spirit who inspired him to write the following are liars . . .
1 John 1:8

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is NOT in us.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about just trying to present some Scriptural proof for your false doctrine, hmmm?
Use ANY Bible you want - but give me some proof . . .

Another load of un-Biblical bunk.

NEITHER John, nor the Holy Spirit who inspired him to write the following are liars . . .
1 John 1:8

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is NOT in us.
This is true
! John is greatly misunderstood my many.
It is a tough learn, should include decipleship training.
The love of God over rules every thing.
It's up to us to receive in our hearts the love of God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - the expert on Protestants...LOL
Jesus accomplished all He came to do, and said it is finished.
Not some big secret....lol
Yup - and what He came to do was to REDEEM (pay for) the world.
Mission accomplished,
LOL - well as much as you require things SIMPLE...He didn't "hand out" salvation like candy in your trick or treat bag.
But He absolutely PROVIDED Salvation "for" ANY man who Heartfully Believes IN Christ, to RECEIVE Salvation.
He also accomplished many other things...but you can't handle more than little blips at a single time.
That's what I've been saying all along, Einstein.
Jesus REDEEMED the world on Calvary - He didn't SAVE it.
Salvation requires our cooperation with God's grace - and YOU have just admitted that . . .
Yipes...Yet again your Mindful explanation for a Spritual issue.
No - it's the Biblical answer - not some perverted idea that YOU twisted to your own destruction . . .

Belief + Works = Faith (James 2:14-22).

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - and what He came to do was to REDEEM (pay for) the world.
Mission accomplished,

Jesus REDEEMED the world on Calvary - He didn't SAVE it.
Salvation requires our cooperation with God's grace - and YOU have just admitted that . . .

No - it's the Biblical answer - not some perverted idea that YOU twisted to your own destruction . . .

Belief + Works = Faith (James 2:14-22).
James 2:14-22;
Another set of verses greatly misunderstood
Can you explain it thoroughly?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and by the way, if you call me a liar one ,more time, I'll start giving it back to you
I want you to know, I'm not a loser