Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me show you an aspect of the Devil's Gospel.
He teaches this..
"The blood of Jesus takes care of your past sins, but you take care of your now sins".

Let me show you what the Bible says.

It is the BIBLE that tells you that your past sins are covered and that you must deny sin to manifest in the flesh:

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past

Romans 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

So the opposite of these scriptures is the “Devils Gospel”.

Shocking, absolutely shocking, what is said on these boards.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't stop believing. That's the difference. That's this.....

if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2 Timothy 2:13

Not this.......

If we disown him, he will also disown us 2 Timothy 2:12
I've heard lots of stories like yours, and praise God for them, but I've never heard of a Christ denier coming back to faith.
That’s because a Christ denial never had faith to begin with that’s why they left

you have seen that passage so many times I lost Count. I Pray one Day you believe it

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There should be a capital "S" in "Christ's spirit" (Romans 8:9).

Also, if anyone denies Christ's Deity to the moment of death, they will die in their sins (John 8:24).

The anointing that is in true believers teaches us to abide in Christ (1 John 2:27).
I guess you are waiting for a response to your comments on my previous post..

Referring to your feedback on abiding of 1 John 2:27.

A believer abides in Christ's spirit upon being reborn. It is not a mature and abiding experience initially, however. The goal is to increase the length and frequency of remaining in fellowship and allowing the spirit to lead as the teacher.

The act of abiding in the spirit of Christ is to be always receptive and open to the spirit of Christ. To allow Christ's spirit of truth to lead ones' own spirit and mind to the truth. For one to permit openly and without hesitation the teaching of truth and accepting it; thus demonstrating spiritual growth and fellowship.

I guess this is what you meant by Christ's spirit or the anointing, teaching one to teach the act of abiding.

A true believer always abides in the spirit of Christ, although to what degree, time in fellowship and frequency is the real question.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Referring to the scripture you pointed to: John 8:24 and why the spirit, of Christ is not capitalized when associated with his Father, our one true God.

I know you are a Trinitarian and that is why you deliberately distorted and made John 8:24 suit your religion.

I have even read John 8:24b with the added word 'God' after 'I am' for emphasis to concrete in the trinitarian view point. Where does it say Yashua is a deity in John 8:24? You just added it in to suit your narrative and for the sake of your religion.

John 8:24 referred to and synchronizes with John 20:31. Yahshua is the Christ, the Son of the living God, the Father of all including Christ, and believing in HIS NAME (Yahshua) to be then granted eternal life in his name (having his spirit within us). And there is no other Father or God. You have turned a scriptural unitarian text meaning into a pagan trinitarian text translation.

Remember, the Son and his spirit is always subordinate to the Father, who is the the only God and the one Holy Spirit.

A true believer knows this difference in statue and purpose already, because the spirit within teaches this truth, plainly. We mediate via the spirit of Christ to the Father and his own Holy divine Spirit. If the Son was also the same God as the Father (that does not make any sense in itself), then who is our mediator before the Father, the only God? We would indeed be in our sins if the Son was the same (g)God as the Father....

I'm glad my Bible and the spirit of truth does not teach me this pagan nonsense you try to sell here.

APAK

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny God everytime you are not perfectly obedient.
If that were true then Christ has denied all of us, including you.

if we deny Him, He will also deny us 2 Timothy 2:12

Have you ever watched a "R" rated Cable TV show, or rented this same? Or watched a cable TV show that is "PG-13" and you read "mature audience, nudity, profanity".
Have you ever watched "Game Of Thrones", and saw the rape and the incest?
No. But it sounds like you have.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circular Reasoning. You do love that fallacy ... An undefeated sports team cannot lose. If the lose, they weren’t undefeated to begin with.
So now we compare the faithfulness of God to a sports team with 50 some flawed human beings?

like what sports team has never let you down and caused you to lose faith in them?

wow

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you work for a Gift?
If you do, then keeping working your faith, so that you keep yourself saved.
But if that is not Salvation, then you have a real issue that self righteousness isn't going to solve.
So let me get this straight. You say me having to believe to get the free gift is not working to get that gift. But continuing in that belief to keep the free gift is?

If my belief wasn't a work of self righteousness when I first started believing then it isn't now either.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we do not

you lie about me like that again I
Am taking it to God
Let's take it to God right now:

God, help Eternally Grateful see that if he says a true believer will always believe that means they must continue to believe, or else, according to his own teaching, they aren't really saved.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, if you lose faith, fall away, etc........and you were born again before you did, you are just as saved as the Blood Of Jesus has the power to cleanse you of all sin, including those, and all others..
See, sin was dealt with by God on the Cross, and you denying it, wont change it for me, or for any real believer.
Once you are born again, you are always born again, and how you think or believe, later, has no effect on the NEW BIRTH.
And yet you said you do not teach that lie.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take it to God right now:

God, help Eternally Grapeful see that if he says a true believer will always believe that means they must continue to believe, or else, according to his own teaching, they aren't really saved.

wow, what arrogance you have.

I hate to do this but I am going to have to put you on ignore, how you can all yourself a christian and do something stupid like this

good day sir

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it with people in christian chat they they they have the right to tell someone else what they believe? Even after multiple times of being told to stop it?

no wonder people hate christians. We can be the most arrogant people on earth

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. We are comparing your ex post facto rationalization to the fallacy of argumentation known as Circular Reasoning.
In your mind

people lose faith in those who are untrustworthy

so in your view God must be untrustworthy?

who has ever lost faith in anyone who is faithful?

no one, unless they never trusted them to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.