Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Give reference from scripture....that life eternal and eternal life are the same...edited
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Perhaps, you could give scriptures why they are not.

Tong
R3035

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I don’t think the analogy fits well with the salvation of God. I don’t see Jesus as a house fixed where it is and that does not do anything. I see the figure of the Good shepherd and His sheep in John 10 as the one that fits well.

<<<Concerning John 6:39
Question will the fathers will be done?
If He would no one perish and we know some perish...then is his will always done?>>>

Yes the Father’s will, will be done. For Jesus had not failed in carrying out what His Father had Him to do.

The Father’s will in John 6:39 is different from his desire that no man should perish. His will in John 6:39 is about them whom He have given to Jesus Christ to raise up in the last day. The fulfillment of this will of God rest on the obedience and working of Jesus Christ, and not on the man. That is why its fulfillment is certain. For Jesus always obey and fulfill the will of His Father. If it rested on the obedience and working of man, then yes, such will of God will not be done.

<<<As for John 28...try this out

He gives them eternal life, but eternal life is as long as you have it. So as long as you have eternal life then the rest of security applies.>>>

“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish”.

They shall never perish. What does that mean?

<<<How is it you can hinder a relationship? Maybe to stop doing what you did that He decided to give you life?>>>

However, while a relation between a Father and son may go sour, it does not take away the fact that they are Father and son. God will not let His sons go to hell. And He is able to do that.
We are talking about apples and oranges then
For I am not talking about ones quickening.

Because that's saying their quickening is also their justification
I am not talking about quickening

Tong
R3036

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Perhaps, you could give scriptures why they are not.

Tong
R3035

Tong
R3036
Well you started with Eph 2

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my reading it is from the wages of sin ~ death.

Tong
R3028
What it says is they were dead in trespasses and sin......and they were quickened with Christ. So they were dead and now alive...that is the saving here.....that's all it says correct?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Mornting!
Please explain the "essence of being born again" when you have a chance....
Sure. Glad you asked.

Jesus called Nicodemus out for not understanding the birth from above by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said he should know since he was a teacher of Israel. So we have to ask ourselves where in the old testament scriptures does it talk about being born again, or born from above, that Nicodemus should have known about, but didn't. Most people cite Ezekiel 36:26-27. And that's good. But I think Jesus had 1 Samuel 10:6 in mind.....

The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person. 1 Samuel 10:6

From this we see that it is the presence/ influence of the Holy Spirit that makes a person 'different'. And I don't see God removing his Holy Spirit from a born again person being the rock that God can't move. Osas believers will argue vehemently with that, of course. But I think it's very easy to see that you are 'different', a.k.a a 'new' person, with the Holy Spirit, and that you're your same old stinking self without the Holy Spirit. And I see no reason why the Holy Spirit can't come and go from the temple of our bodies as he did in the earthly temple of Moses when they had profaned it beyond remedy (Ezekiel 10:1-19).

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R3036
The Father’s will in [URL='https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/once-saved-always-saved.39306/bible/john/6:39/' said:
John 6:39[/URL] is different from his desire that no man should perish. His will in John 6:39 is about them whom He have given to Jesus Christ to raise up in the last day. The fulfillment of this will of God rest on the obedience and working of Jesus Christ, and not on the man. That is why its fulfillment is certain. For Jesus always obey and fulfill the will of His Father. If it rested on the obedience and working of man, then yes, such will of God will not be done.
You make a good point here....Because it reminds me of the wedding .....Many are called but few are chosen...Another words those God elects are those who most likely make themselve ready.....But I can be wrong ....My head hurt...so I have to relax

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. Glad you asked.

Jesus called Nicodemus out for not understanding the birth from above by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said he should know since he was a teacher of Israel. So we have to ask ourselves where in the old testament scriptures does it talk about being born again, or born from above, that Nicodemus should have known about, but didn't. Most people cite Ezekiel 36:26-27. And that's good. But I think Jesus had 1 Samuel 10:6 in mind.....

The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person. 1 Samuel 10:6

From this we see that it is the presence/ influence of the Holy Spirit that makes a person 'different'. And I don't see God removing his Holy Spirit from a born again person being the rock that God can't move. Osas believers will argue vehemently with that, of course. But I think it's very easy to see that you are 'different', a.k.a a 'new' person, with the Holy Spirit, and that you're your same old stinking self without the Holy Spirit. And I see no reason why the Holy Spirit can't come and go from the temple of our bodies as he did in the earthly temple of Moses when they had profaned it beyond remedy (Ezekiel 10:1-19).
Depend how u understand sealed with the Holy Spirit......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give reference from scripture....that life eternal and eternal life are the same...edited
This very point is what woke me up to the anti-osas argument against osas. And Hebrews brought it's meaning to light for me. There is a difference between life that is eternal and having life eternally.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depend how u understand sealed with the Holy Spirit......
Seal, or mark, of ownership. The significance of this is described in Ezekiel 9.

When you understand that's the important point about God's seal you can begin to break free of the Osas bias.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make a good point here....Because it reminds me of the wedding .....Many are called but few are chosen...Another words those God elects are those who most likely make themselve ready.....But I can be wrong ....My head hurt...so I have to relax
Seal of ownership. The significance of this is described in Ezekiel.

When you understand that's the important point about God's seal you can begin to break free of the Osas bias.
I dont know if I agree
But something to look into
As of now I believe He is in you...not upon you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I see no reason why the Holy Spirit can't come and go from the temple of our bodies as he did in the earthly temple of Moses when they had profaned it beyond remedy (Ezekiel 10:1-19).
This is because you define the New Covenant according to the terms of the Old Covenant.

In point of fact, this idea that the Holy Spirit may "come and go" from God's childen is flatly contradicted in the Scriptures, some of which are those several I've posted to you which you continue to either ignore, or re-word so they will fit with your assertions.

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. (Rom. 8:15–16

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know if I agree
But something to look into
As of now I believe He is in you...not upon you.
Although both can happen...

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Rom. 8

IF HE COMES TO MAKE HIS HOME WITH US
WHERE IS THE LOCATION....
JESUS ALSO SAYS THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT I AM IN THE FATHER AND THE FATHER IS IN ME AND I IN YOU...DONT QUOTE ME....

MY POINT IS..."IN"
THE CASE TO ME OF God being God
Life answering to life

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although both can happen...

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Rom. 8

IF HE COMES TO MAKE HIS HOME WITH US
WHERE IS THE LOCATION....
JESUS ALSO SAYS THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT I AM IN THE FATHER AND THE FATHER IS IN ME AND I IN YOU...DONT QUOTE ME....

MY POINT IS..."IN"
THE CASE TO ME OF God being God
Life answering to life
Another passage is if this Spirit be in you that raised Christ from the dead....

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. Glad you asked.

But maybe the Spirit comes upon that which the Spirit is in......I wanted to look at the diffs... but have not gotten a chance to look at the diff between the Spirit of Christ and
Spirit of God. FOR look at Jesus...The spirit came upon Him...but He was also God.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But maybe the Spirit comes upon that which the Spirit is in......I wanted to look at the diffs... but have not gotten a chance to look at the diff between the Spirit of Christ and
Spirit of God. FOR look at Jesus...The spirit came upon Him...but He was also God.
Also in Acts...Jesus breathed in them...and said receive ye the Spirit....but also they waited for the power...to come upon them

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is because you define the New Covenant according to the terms of the Old Covenant.

In point of fact, this idea that the Holy Spirit may "come and go" from God's childen is flatly contradicted in the Scriptures, some of which are those several I've posted to you which you continue to either ignore, or re-word so they will fit with your assertions.

Much love!
Well here is also something to consider....
Jesus told His disciple these words I speak to you are Spirit and Life.........although if He is speaking of those specific words then well this is void.

There are words we are also to hide in our heart....
Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.