Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here is also something to consider....
Jesus told His disciple these words I speak to you are Spirit and Life.........although if He is speaking of those specific words then well this is void.

There are words we are also to hide in our heart....
Interesting
I'm not really sure what you're saying here . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This very point is what woke me up to the anti-osas argument against osas. And Hebrews brought it's meaning to light for me. There is a difference between life that is eternal and having life eternally.
Parsing between "eternal" and "eternally", as if "eternal" doesn't mean everlasting. Here's the thing. God shares HIS eternal life with us. And God does not die.

. . . not I, but Christ lives in me . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seal, or mark, of ownership. The significance of this is described in Ezekiel 9.

When you understand that's the important point about God's seal you can begin to break free of the Osas bias.
Why would you not go to the New Testament passages to define the New Testament (Greek) concepts?

There are many places which tell us about God's sealing of the NT Christian. You ignore them in favor of OT passages written about something else.

Why?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In point of fact, this idea that the Holy Spirit may "come and go" from God's childen is flatly contradicted in the Scriptures, some of which are those several I've posted to you which you continue to either ignore, or re-word so they will fit with your assertions.

Much love!
All the things you post don't have to mean the Holy Spirit can never leave the believer.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parsing between "eternal" and "eternally", as if "eternal" doesn't mean everlasting. Here's the thing. God shares HIS eternal life with us. And God does not die.

. . . not I, but Christ lives in me . . .

Much love!
Osas will make it will be hard for you to understand. But there is a clear difference between a life that does not end and whether or not you will always have the life that never ends. Generally speaking, Osaser's can only imagine and think of things within the Osas paradigm and mindset. They can't fathom there can be any other way to think about things, and so they are sure there can't be another way. I'm not saying they can't agree with other things. I'm saying it seems they literally can not see that there is any other possible, conceivable way to see things, let alone agree with them. It's a cultish, closed off, programmed mindset. It's scary.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osas will make it will be hard for you to understand. But there is a clear difference between a life that does not end and whether or not you will always have the life that never ends. Generally speaking, Osaser's can only imagine and think of things within the Osas paradigm and mindset. They can't fathom there is any other way to think about things and that they can be another way. I'm not saying they can't agree with other things. I'm saying it seems they literally can not see that there is any other possible, conceivable way to see things, let alone agree with them. It's a cultish, closed off, programmed mindset. It's scary.

It's all ad hominen, nothing of any real content.

o_O

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you not go to the New Testament passages to define the New Testament (Greek) concepts?

There are many places which tell us about God's sealing of the NT Christian. You ignore them in favor of OT passages written about something else.

Why?
See, the big failure of the church is how they have been separated from old testament teachings. It's amazing how much of what the New Testament writers wrote hinges on and is based on their old testament scriptural knowledge. Sometime in the early 3rd century, I think it was, the church outlawed the law. Now, all these centuries later we have a church that can't understand many things properly because they simply don't have much knowledge of the old testament scriptures.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there is a clear difference between a life that does not end and whether or not you will always have the life that never ends.
This one place . . .

However . . .

He who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?

Or do you have to reword it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the big failure of the church is how they have been separated from old testament teachings.

No.

Misdirection. Misrepresentation. To bad you aren't honest about all this.

I'm saying, look at the NT teachings for your first understanding of NT doctrines. Just because a passage reminds you of something in the OT, that doesn't mean you just skip over all the NT teachings, and pluck that passage out of its context, to deny the NT passages.

The big failure HERE is in ignoring what the NT says about the new testament.

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one place . . .

However . . .

He who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?

Or do you have to reword it?
Why in heavens name do you think anyone would say someone who believes in Christ would die? That's why the Bible tells us to KEEP BELIEVING. All the promises are for believers, not unbelievers, not former believers. Understand?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misdirection. Misreprestation. To bad you aren't honest about all this.
You're going down hill fast, there buddy. Stop with the accusations of sin, okay? You don't need to do that to discuss these stupid and meaningless Osas arguments.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to talk to you. I don't feel compelled to. This is all on you whether yo want to listen or not. I frankly don't care, in your case. You can put me on ignore if you want.

Um . . . ditto. Sometimes for how little actual content you write, I mean about the topic, I wonder why you bother.

But I have an idea.

Reactions: HisLife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um . . . ditto. Sometimes for how little actual content you write, I mean about the topic, I wonder why you bother.

But I have an idea.
No you don't. You're getting frustrated and, as usual in Christian forums, you're attacking me instead of just....well....having a good argument.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why in heavens name do you think anyone would say someone who believes in Christ would die? That's why the Bible tells us to KEEP BELIEVING. All the promises are for believers, not unbelievers, not former believers. Understand?
Osaser's don't get this because this is entirely outside of the Osas paradigm of thinking. They don't even know this legit argument exists, let alone agree with it. They only know about the arguments they've been taught. You got quite a struggle on your hands to show the typical Osaser that there are other ways to look at things that they never were capable of seeing before because Osas teaching shut them off from it. That's why I say Osas has a cultishness about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.