Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "until" has to do with the "down-payment", and then the redemption is the fulfillment, not "you can't lose salvation because the seal will last until the day of redemption".
I believe the Holy Spirit of promise is the down payment

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Holy Spirit of promise is the down payment
And this is why ...John 14;15

If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not going to undo God's seal.

If you are redeemed, He owns you.

Much love!
Samson did. Jesus also warns the Churches that if they don't repent He will remove the Lampstand which is God's Spirit. That's in Revelation 2 and 3. This is why those who depart from the faith (eg, some of the Galatians) are told "You are severed from Christ". We're they PHYSICALLY attached to Christ or SPIRITUALLY? "Whoever is one with the Lord is one Spirit with Him"--so those who are severed from Him are spiritually no longer with Him. They're fallen from the Spirit of Grace.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Irrelevant.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But here my issue.....it was given that we obey it

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But here my issue.....it was given that we obey it
Nope, Peter didn't obey the Spirit's leading according to Galatians 2 which says he was not walking in accordance with the Truth of the Gospel. That's an incorrect reading. He leads but that doesn't guarantee we follow. Are we following Him when we sin? Nope!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, Peter didn't obey the Spirit's leading according to Galatians 2 which says he was not walking in accordance with the Truth of the Gospel. That's an incorrect reading. He leads but that doesn't guarantee we follow. Are we following Him when we sin? Nope!
If you through the Spirit put away the deeds of the flesh you shall live.......

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you through the Spirit put away the deeds of the flesh you shall live.......
Precisely. IF. Meaning if you don't meet the condition you will not reap eternal life but will die (Romans 2:6-16; Galatians 6:6-10).

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely. IF. Meaning if you don't meet the condition you will not reap eternal life but will die (Romans 2:6-16; Galatians 6:6-10).
?......?......? YOU DONT MAKE SENSE....FIRST YOU SPEAK BLUNTLY WITH ONE WORDS...AND DISAGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT GIVEN THE SPIRIT TO OBEY....AND NOW YOU AGREE.....

SORRY BUT NO STRESS HERE FOR ME....I HAVE TO IGNORE YA....GRACE AND PEACE TO YOU!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?......?......? YOU DONT MAKE SENSE....FIRST YOU SPEAK BLUNTLY WITH ONE WORDS...AND DISAGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT GIVEN THE SPIRIT TO OBEY....AND NOW YOU AGREE.....

SORRY BUT NO STRESS HERE FOR ME....I HAVE TO IGNORE YA....GRACE AND PEACE TO YOU!
I agree we must obey, it seemed you held that we invariably follow the leading and it was with that idea (which I've heard before) that I'd disagreed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been there, done that, you've got the posts, I've repeated myself to you over and over.

It's just getting boring, sorry!

If you actually wanted to go over the material, that would be one thing, but, I mean, really, look over your posts . . . see if you see what I'm seeing.

It's just gotten old!

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. 9The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.1 Peter 1

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. 9The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.1 Peter 1
Yep and some people fall away from the faith--and we see in Hebrews 3 that it is possible to fall away from the faith due to sin which hardens the heart and turns your heart into an evil heart of unbelief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you understood what the essence of being 'born again' meant you'd know it can indeed be stopped and is not irreversible.

Show me a verse that says..

1) Jesus can leave you, after you become "one with God".

2.) that you can be unborn again.

Give that a shot, fb.

And as you are on your way to finding out that you have been so mislead by your teacher(s), ....... notice the NT verses that state that you "will never perish" and that you can't be separated from God or Christ.

Just keep ignoring all those verses, same as your commentaries that deceive, ignored them also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.