Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i really dont care who does or who does believe in eternal security . i teach a know so salvation and i dont mind discussing the scriptures . the security of our salvation is found all through out the Bible... saying all that the claim of people saying they can sin do as they plz. still be saved still go to heaven IS NOT bible. i have read some pretty off the wall remarks . like a canibial being in heaven and putting ketchup on your arm with the desire to eat you .

in heaven we dont have physical bodies they are glorified many claim yes you can lose /walk away. i ask at what point are we not saved? no one answers . Jesus said no man can pluck us out of his hand.. others will say we can remove our self . show the scripture i have studied this out for years osas osnas both sides has scriptures and neither side can pin point with %100 sure accuracy with scriptures. that says thus saith the Lord.
having said all that i am bowing out of this.. i have had all the fleshly remarks i can take..

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n heaven we dont have physical bodies they are glorified many claim yes you can lose /walk away. i ask at what point are we not saved? no one answers . Jesus said no man can pluck us out of his hand.. others will say we can remove our self . show the scripture i have studied this out for years osas osnas both sides has scriptures and neither side can pin point with %100 sure accuracy with scriptures. that says thus saith the Lord.
having said all that i am bowing out of this.. i have had all the fleshly remarks i can take..

Ya got to stop cherry picking....People understand the Bible at different levels.....
But the worst way to understand the Bible is to have a belief and go in and find a few scriptures that support your belief. You can find almost anything you want in the Bible.

If you want to think God is a UFO pilot, you can find that.
If you want to hate your mother and father, you can find those exact words.
If you want to think that rich people can't go to heaven, you can find that.
If you think that you have to give away everything you own and walk around with nothing but the shirt on your back to be a Christian, you find that.

There is a lot things you can find in the Bible, but you have to take the Bible as a whole. That is the Spirit and the theme and the storyline....The Bible storyline is that Christianity has no tolerance for sin.

If your expecting me to be concerned about what you believe.....that is not my ministry. I am not a preacher....I do not have a flock... LOL My ministry is what I call the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. I plant the seeds, it is up to you and God to work the rest out. I am not wrong very often and that can be irritating to people. I can tell you about Christianity and you can look into it or just don't believe me....That is up to you. I do not have anything invested, I have done my part and told you the truth. The rest is between you and God.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tmothy 4:7-8;
And if we I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. re not free from sin, then how do we get to heaven

Paul is saying he is going to heaven.
It is Scripture.
Do you believe it?
He hasn't died yet.
He can still sin.
It seems you are twisting Scripture to suit your needs.

Context.

Paul is about to be offered up to be killed for his faith on certain date soon, and his departure from this earth is near at hand.

2 Timothy 4:6
“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.”

Hence, why he says for Timothy, Mark, etcetera, to hurry to him.

2 Timothy 4:9
“Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me”

Paul is going to be a martyr for his faith in Jesus Christ.
He is being imprisoned for his faith.
He is no doubt suffering for his faith.

Where do we read about suffering in regards to overcoming sin in the Bible?

1 Peter 4:1-2
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.”

It says he that has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. Paul has suffered greatly at the hands of the coppersmith as mentioned in 2 Timothy 4:14 (no doubt this happened because of his faith in Jesus Christ). This is how Paul can have an assurance of his final ending days that are short.

But a time before Paul’s end, Paul did express to the Corinthians that he has to keep his body under subjection unless he were to be a cast away.

1 Corinthians 9:27
“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”

So as you can see, Paul did not yet reach that point of suffering in the flesh towards the end of his life that gave him that assurance of his salvation.
Before that time we see had to keep his body under subjection unless when he preached to others he might be a castaway (lost).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i really dont care who does or who does believe in eternal security . i teach a know so salvation and i dont mind discussing the scriptures . the security of our salvation is found all through out the Bible... saying all that the claim of people saying they can sin do as they plz. still be saved still go to heaven IS NOT bible. i have read some pretty off the wall remarks . like a canibial being in heaven and putting ketchup on your arm with the desire to eat you .

in heaven we dont have physical bodies they are glorified many claim yes you can lose /walk away. i ask at what point are we not saved? no one answers . Jesus said no man can pluck us out of his hand.. others will say we can remove our self . show the scripture i have studied this out for years osas osnas both sides has scriptures and neither side can pin point with %100 sure accuracy with scriptures. that says thus saith the Lord.

Those who justify sin love to bring up John 10:28. I tell believers who justify sin that when they read John 10:28 about how we cannot be plucked out of his hand, I tell them that they have to read the context of verse 27 that says that this is the kind of sheep that FOLLOW Him. So if we are not following Jesus, we can be plucked of His hand. I also will tell them to read Matthew 7:22-23 and then compare that with Matthew 7:26-27. So it's undeniable. OSAS is not even remotely true. For why would one want to be overconfident in their salvation if the Bible teaches that it can be temporarily lost or lost permanently? Conditional Salvation is taught all over the Bible. There are warnings to the believer to not justify sin or they are not going to enter God's Kingdom. It's that simple. Most deny this because they want to justify sin on some level or they think God is so loving that He is going to turn a blind eye towards their serious sin. I would rather side on being more cautious than being overly overconfident involving my salvation. For my very soul is at stake. If there are verses that say I am in danger of hellfire (like Matthew 5:28-30), then why I am going to ignore them or change them? How does that benefit me? It doesn't.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rollo Tamasi

Christians not looking to justify sin don't believe in OSAS because Scripture teaches against it on practically every page in the New Testament.

There are many ways to demolish OSAS (Once Saved Always saved), Eternal Security, and or Perseverance of the Saints (POTS) by reading and believing your own Bible. Click on the following links to take you to my write ups to learn more (with the Bible).

1. Fall Away List of Verses.

2. Serious Sin can Separate Us From God Verses.

3. Verses on Sanctification Being a Part of Salvation.

4. Obeying God’s Commands as a Part of Eternal Life Verses.

Bonus Point Verses.

If these lists are still not good enough for you, check out this general list of evidences that demolishes OSAS.

Long List of Verses Refuting OSAS or Eternal Security

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I *DEMAND* that you take that back and apologize to me immediately!! I Have Warned you and others about this before! I do NOT believe in “ Hypergrace” and you have no excuse for not knowing that by now !! It’s * SUPER* Hyper Grace !! I’ll be awaiting your apology.....Now, if you will excuse me, I’m running late for my Satanic “ let’s all blaspheme God” meeting.....as usual, drunken orgies will follow.... BYOB......
Guess which OSASer here said this:

"Salvation is a gift ..."God's gifts are without recall"
If I died when I didn't believe I would have gone to Heaven because There Was One Time That I Did Believe ..... That's all it takes .....

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You judge people almost every post you make.

I am going to do myself and others a favor here and place you on ignore. I think as someone said early. You have to recognize a troll when you see one..
I judge the OSAS doctrine. I let OSASers judge others as unsaved.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 2:20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth—
Rom 2:21 you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal?
Rom 2:22 You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
Rom 2:23 You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law.
You don't obey the Law of Moses.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are Saved, then this means you are born again.

To be born again is to be SAVED ONCE, as you are born again ONCE.

You can never stop being Born, exactly as you can never stop being born again.
And you caused neither to happen, nor can you cause them to end.

Once you are born again, you are always born again.
No Scripture? Of course not! There are NONE that supports OSAS.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so tell me have you ever seen the t.v show Fantasy Island your post like the show has NO Merit . you remind me of a little kid who has never been spanked. you cant even defend your stance ..i could blow you out of the saddle with scripture if i chose .. but i am not in the least bit interested. Every thing posted has went over your head
I have LOTS of Scripture. You have ZERO.

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10 at face value is in perfect context with the whole of scripture!

You’re doctrine has just been exposed sir, checkmate:

“The fear of the LORD is clean” (Psalms 19:9)

“The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom” (Proverbs 15:33)

“The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” (Proverbs 19:23)

“by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” (Proverbs 16:6)

“the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” (Job 28:28)

Oh, and in case you dismiss these OT scriptures, here’s a NT one:

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Your false doctrine has left you without:

The fear of God.
The instruction of wisdom.
Understanding.
Satisfaction.
Cleanliness.
A departure from evil.
Perfect holiness.

I read the entire Bible 3-4 times a year!

How many times did you read it last year?
Guess which OSASer here said this:

If I died when I didn't believe I would have gone to Heaven because There Was One Time That I Did Believe ..... That's all it takes .....

I don’t care if you read the Entire Bible 5 times a day....Who Cares? “You see, But you don’t see...”

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t care if you read the Entire Bible 5 times a day....Who Cares? “You see, But you don’t see...”
But you didn't guess who said this.
If I died when I didn't believe I would have gone to Heaven because There Was One Time That I Did Believe ..... That's all it takes ....."

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you didn't guess who said this.
If I died when I didn't believe I would have gone to Heaven because There Was One Time That I Did Believe ..... That's all it takes ....."

Please tell me the name of this Scoundrel at once! I’ll waste no time putting this guy in his place!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please tell me the name of this Scoundrel at once! I’ll waste no time putting this guy in his place!
You don't know who wrote this here:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mercy me ,brothers,come on.

The most important corporate thing we can find in the bible is being saved by the blood of Jesus. He is the only way to the Father,there are NO BACK DOORS OR BACK STAIRS!
If any person tries to come another way he is the same as a thief and a robber.

SALVATION is the communal gift of God offered to WHOSOEVER WILL !
It must be done as a 180 turn from a sinful life, and changes the heart and mind of ppl that submit and obey the conviction of the Spirit.

Then we must study the word led by the Spirit into the whole deep truth of God seeking to stay in his will by his word........IT IS INDIVIDUAL !

Then we are in the hands of a just ,fair, loving Father. He alone KNOWS how to judge us by his word, our love and obedience to him,and our deeds.

If all anyone has are labels,and are not walking in the Spirit, they WILL face God and bear his judgement.

You can THINK anything it doesn't make it the truth!

Reactions: kcnalp

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mercy me ,brothers,come on.

The most important corporate thing we can find in the bible is being saved by the blood of Jesus. He is the only way to the Father,there are NO BACK DOORS OR BACK STAIRS!
If any person tries to come another way he is the same as a thief and a robber.

SALVATION is the communal gift of God offered to WHOSOEVER WILL !
It must be done as a 180 turn from a sinful life, and changes the heart and mind of ppl that submit and obey the conviction of the Spirit.

Then we must study the word led by the Spirit into the whole deep truth of God seeking to stay in his will by his word........IT IS INDIVIDUAL !

Then we are in the hands of a just ,fair, loving Father. He alone KNOWS how to judge us by his word, our love and obedience to him,and our deeds.

If all anyone has are labels,and are not walking in the Spirit, they WILL face God and bear his judgement.

You can THINK anything it doesn't make it the truth!
I think OSASers are trying to convince each other of OSAS. What other reason could there be?