Once you join a church you will be accountable...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you’re sins are covered, not biblical
There would be no need to repent and confess you’re sins
Jn 20:23
As long as you are a believer when you sin, and aren't sinning in unbelief, you remain in the legally forgiven justified state you are in as a believer. A person who has had a bath need only wash his feet, not his whole body (John 13:10).

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people have come at me with the accountability of sin and obeying church leadership. I must have not clarified that in the OP. But yeah I was more worried about churches that claim authority and say that if you leave your condemned cause you're following a false church.
Both Paul and Peter, as well as John, claimed that authority. I think those three can do so...

But a lot of Churches claim it too. They better be preaching the Truth if they do.

Reactions: dev553344

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you’re sins are covered, not biblical
There would be no need to repent and confess you’re sins
Jn 20:23
You say all my sins are not covered, and that my claim that they are is not Biblical?

Do you know if I have repented and confessed my sins?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol you will have to wait 10,000 years then, for me to finish studying it to full comprehension!

let's look at it together.

here's an easy question:

Then he who had received the one talent came and said,
‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.'

(Matthew 25:24)​

is this man telling the truth about the Master?

We might be starting a couple of steps in, but most likely you would agree, the master is Jesus. That is not the way I would describe him, so I would give you a no on that one. But no doubt we would already agree that he was unacceptable to the master. What I wanted to know is, what do you think the meaning of the parable was, why did Jesus choose to offer this?

Reactions: post

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you are a believer when you sin, and aren't sinning in unbelief, you remain in the legally forgiven justified state you are in as a believer. A person who has had a bath need only wash his feet, not his whole body (John 13:10).

then explain

how is drunkenness unbelief?
How can you lose salvation by getting drunk?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We might be starting a couple of steps in, but most likely you would agree, the master is Jesus. That is not the way I would describe him, so I would give you a no on that one. But no doubt we would already agree that he was unacceptable to the master. What I wanted to know is, what do you think the meaning of the parable was, why did Jesus choose to offer this?

yes, Christ, God, is the Master. that much is clear.

but there is not a simple answer to the meaning of the parable; we should not expect there to be: it is the words and teaching of the infinite God. it is given in the way it is given because it is the perfect way: to add more to those who have, and to take away from those who do not have ((Matthew 13:13)). any brief interpretation is a shallow and superficial one; not that any such abridged understanding is untrue, but necessarily incomplete.

even the parable of the Sower, which Jesus gives us a key to interpreting, raises 1,000 more questions by hearing its interpretation -- questions which lead us all over the scripture looking for answers, each of which raise a thousand more. the study of scripture is never complete; of course it isn't - it's understanding of the infinite, immeasurable godhood. as He is without limit, so also is knowledge of Him.

these things are written for the same overarching purpose that is the spirit of all prophesy: testimony of Christ ((Revelation 19:10)). in order that we who believe may have life, and have it more abundantly ((John 10:10)) - because life is to know Him ((John 17:3)).

He is the Master ((John 13:13)) and He is also the gift ((John 3:16, John 4:10)); He is the one who gives the increase ((1 Corinthians 3:6-7)).
the evil one, in covetousness ((Joshua 7:21, 1 Peter 5:8, Isaiah 14:12-14)) seeks to steal, kill and destroy ((John 10:10, Job 1:10-11, John 8:44-47)) -- everything he says about the Master is a lie, and everything he does is evil, with wicked intent.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say all my sins are not covered, and that my claim that they are is not Biblical?

Do you know if I have repented and confessed my sins?

how can you repent of future sins?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then explain

how is drunkenness unbelief?
You can get drunk because you have decided not to care about or continue to believe in the blood of Christ by which you were sanctified.

How can you lose salvation by getting drunk?
When your sin is the result of going back to unbelief, that unbelief will result in a loss of your salvation.

Living in sin is the sign that you are not born again. Just as not living in sin is the sign that you are - 1 John 3:9-10.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can get drunk because you have decided not to care about or continue to believe in the blood of Christ by which you were sanctified.

When your sin is the result of going back to unbelief, that unbelief will result in a loss of your salvation.

Living in sin is the sign that you are not born again. Just as not living in sin is the sign that you are - 1 John 3:9-10.

how do you get born again

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can keep your priesthood.
I have direct access to Jesus himself.

can you be saved without a priest?

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:23 who’s sins you (the apostles) forgive are forgiven then

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you be saved without a priest?
Of course you can, lol.
The only ones who need the Catholic priesthood is the Catholic priesthood, lol. They've made sure through their distorted teachings about their value to the body of Christ that they will always have safe, comfy jobs.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 20:23 who’s sins you (the apostles) forgive are forgiven then
The shrewd manager was not an apostle or a priest.

The only priest we need is Jesus Christ. And all believers have free, unhindered access to Him. In fact, He lives in us by the Holy Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you can, lol.
The only ones who need the Catholic priesthood is the Catholic priesthood, lol. They've made sure through their distorted teachings about their value to the body of Christ that they will always have safe, comfy jobs.

try again!

Christ is high eternal priest!

now if Christ is high priest who are the low priests?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shrewd manager was not an apostle or a priest.

The only priest we need is Jesus Christ. And all believers have free, unhindered access to Him. In fact, He lives in us by the Holy Spirit.

what manager Jesus is speaking to His apostles!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try again!

Christ is high eternal priest!

now if Christ is high priest who are the low priests?
Believers...

5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood... 1 Peter 2:5-9
We don't need your Catholic priesthood. As priests ourselves, we offer spiritual sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ.

Reactions: dev553344