One last question!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As to what I bolded and underlined...what does "believing" and/or having "faith" mean to you?

Faith is Trust

I'd rather be a 'doer' of the Word, than a 'hearer' of the Word.

Make sense?

To become a doer of the word you have to become a hearer of the Gospel, first.

As "faith is counted" by God, to accept you....only.....= based on the Cross of Christ as your eternal forgiveness.

A person can literally be a disciple of Christ, for 50 yrs.... giving themselves to serving the poor, or something similar.
They die, and go immediately to hell.
And they were a seriously sincere "doer"....

Why did they go to Hell, after following Jesus, all their life?

Why does this happen to them....>"Depart from ME... i never KNEW YOU"...

A.) "Jesus said... "You must be born again".

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You wanna get to Heaven? Fine. Love God and love others. SHOW God you love Him through loving others.

Reader,

\You dont go to heaven because you love God, & love others.

You go to Heaven because your Sin is no longer separating you from God.

This is why God as Christ died on the Cross for us...

Its on the Cross that Jesus is taking our sin, dying for our sin, so that God can accept us, and forgive us, and give us the new Birth.

Jesus said. '" You must be born again",......and water can't do that for us.

If water baptism could save us, the God made a big mistake by sending His Son to the Cross, to die for all our SIN.

A.) He didnt.

John 14:6

Reactions: Ritajanice

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it "sounds" like he does.

But apparently you just want to keep redundantly repeating the same thing..

I'm trying to figure out what some say Jesus has forgiven all sins past, present, and future.

And then turn right around and say it's a problem if we sin as though our future sins are not forgiven.

This is contrary so which way is it?

"You will REAP what you sow'.

This means that consequences for behavior, is continuing.

OK so we're back to future sins are not forgiven thin.

I wish you folks would make up your mind!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is Trust

To become a doer of the word you have to become a hearer of the Gospel, first

As "faith is counted" by God, to accept you....only.....= based on the Cross of Christ as your eternal forgiveness.

A person can literally be a disciple of Christ, for 50 yrs.... giving themselves to serving the poor, or something similar.

Faith is Trust

To become a doer of the word you have to become a hearer of the Gospel, first.
I don't believe that. Plenty of people 'hear' the Gospel, and yet they're not 'doers' of the Word. By the same token, others NEVER hear the Gospel, yet they practice Gospel principles. Especially since God's Laws are "written unto our hearts."

If they were a 'doer', why would they go to hell? That makes no sense...

I don't think you understand the concept of being "born again."

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out what some say Jesus has forgiven all sins past, present, and future.

And then turn right around and say it's a problem if we sin as though our future sins are not forgiven.

This is contrary so which way is it?

OK so we're back to future sins are not forgiven thin.

I wish you folks would make up your mind!
If you're not going to take the advice of the good people on this board -- and that is, to READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF -- ain't nuthin' anyone else can do for you.

You're looking for some evidence of a guarantee that you can continue in your obviously SINFUL lifestyle, because of what some Baptist pastor told you.

Good luck with that...

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not going to take the advice of the good people on this board -- and that is, to READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF -- ain't nuthin' anyone else can do for you.

You're looking for some evidence of a guarantee that you can continue in your obviously SINFUL lifestyle, because of what some Baptist pastor told you.

Good luck with that...
Jhn 5:14 - AfterwardJesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him,Behold, thou art made whole sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 8:11 - She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do Icondemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you lose your salvation or not?

I keep having people tell me I must do this or that which sounds a lot like they are saying you can't be saved unless you do a bunch of good things.

That makes me think they believe you can lose your salvation.

If you cannot lose your salvation then why is all this other being said?
Seems like this guy made it.... but kind of a sucky way for the destruction of his flesh... How do you think Satan killed him???

1Co 5:5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Joh 6:39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Fun facts...
Paul