One of those questions...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
excerpt:Finally, with the swift stroke of his brush, William sighed. His hands, fatigued, felt steamed, with the unwavering triumph regarded to only the finest craftsmanship. He saddled down the messy palet, and engaged with bewildered eyes- the best work he's done yet. "Hmm.. turned out better than I expected", he thought towards. William smiled. And another day was to behold..."so here's the question: Does God ever amaze himself? at all the stuff he creates, does he ever look on something and admire his work, just as we do...maybe more?thought upon this whilst in the kitchen.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(poetboy;52158)
excerpt:Finally, with the swift stroke of his brush, William sighed. His hands, fatigued, felt steamed, with the unwavering triumph regarded to only the finest craftsmanship. He saddled down the messy palet, and engaged with bewildered eyes- the best work he's done yet. "Hmm.. turned out better than I expected", he thought towards. William smiled. And another day was to behold..."so here's the question: Does God ever amaze himself? at all the stuff he creates, does he ever look on something and admire his work, just as we do...maybe more?thought upon this whilst in the kitchen.
Nope. He has us amaze things for Him.
tongue.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Genisis:His creation...He looked upon it and it was good. I don't imagine that God has such prideful thoughts about Himself as to be amazed by Himself. He knows His capabilities and that there is none who can create as He creates.

Geshem

Aug 21, 2007
Are you a father or a mother? If so, there is a lot of joy in watching a child responding to their amazement.G-d, being the Creator and omniscient, may not have the chance to enjoy personal amazement, but He can experience the joy of our amazement. Think of the first time believing parents see their infant child and their amazement at the sight; think of their praise to G-d and how He feels about that. Think of hearing that first child's first cry and how they feel, of those parents' amazement at such tiny functioning fingers and toes as they count them (as all parents do), of how the newborn folds itself into the warm body of the hugging parent even before leaving the birthing room. G-d feels those emotions along with us.Think of the first time a believer sees a grand waterfall, their amazement, and the resulting words of praise to the Creator. How can He not enjoy that? Think of the believer who sees a rainbow, of G-d's promises that believer remembers from the Bible, and their amazement that the promise continues today. Think of that believe falling in love and hearing back from the loved one, "I love you, too!" The surprise, the amazement! The praise to G-d for the wonder that this person cares! G-d feels that through us.Oh, I think He feels our amazement because He is the ultimate Father.

Lotamp;#39;sLot

Jun 1, 2008
I agree with Geshem. He finds joy in our joys, and He finds good in our works, He doesn't necessarily have that same amazement in His own work.