Assurance of salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have coined a term, "asoteriphobia."

It is "the irrational fear of not being saved."

Salvation is a free gift. People keep trying to figure out a way to earn it. It's time to move on... Hebrews 6:1-3.

interesting. My own experience is that sometimes, those who worry over their salvation do so because of hadephobia, the abnormal fear of hell. Salvation may be a free gift, but its not for all.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus suffered and went to the cross of his own physical death without complaint because it was his Father's will. Are we better than Jesus? Not me!

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

Are we ready for it... or are we hoping to be raptured out of here before the worst of our own suffering is upon us? Help us dear Lord!
Not only that my friend , but peter , paul and others said , prepare to be hated and persecuted . AND REJOICE WHEN YE ARE .
For not only is it appointed unto us to BELEIVE IN HIM but also to what .........TO SUFFER FOR HIS NAME SAKE .
And Them apostels were praising GOD after they had just been beaten with a cat of nine nasty and mean tails .
REJOICING to have been counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS NAME .
Yes indeed my friend . THE LORD SUFFERED FOR US and we will suffer FOR HIM TOO .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not only that my friend , but peter , paul and others said , prepare to be hated and persecuted . AND REJOICE WHEN YE ARE .
For not only is it appointed unto us to BELEIVE IN HIM but also to what .........TO SUFFER FOR HIS NAME SAKE .
And Them apostels were praising GOD after they had just been beaten with a cat of nine nasty and mean tails .
REJOICING to have been counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS NAME .
Yes indeed my friend . THE LORD SUFFERED FOR US and we will suffer FOR HIM TOO .

Only problem here is, there is no such thing as a "rapture"
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
if you seek God, if you have repented and have faith, if you show signs of the good fruits of Galatians 5:22-23, and if you are aware that you are a sinner and need a Saviour. Thats a few ways. :cool:

..and a radical transformed style of life, sealed with the Ruach, denying of self, taking up our cross and keep on following the Master on the Highway of holiness...

Work of Regeneration Quote - Courageous Christian Father (1).jpg

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANd your version of God simply lets people "slip away" and there's no security in salvation????
Contrary to what the subscribers to the OSAS heresy believe, Paul taught nothing about salvation being guaranteed irrespective of a Christians' belief or conduct. What he actually taught was that the Holy Spirit is a down payment on salvation. There is a difference. Down payments can be lost and forfeited. And when that down payment is lost or forfeited, it is because of a choice that the Christian made. That's why Jesus put the responsibility squarely on the Christian to stay faithful.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to what the subscribers to the OSAS heresy believe, Paul taught nothing about salvation being guaranteed irrespective of a Christians' belief or conduct. What he actually taught was that the Holy Spirit is a down payment on salvation. There is a difference. Down payments can be lost and forfeited. And when that down payment is lost or forfeited, it is because of a choice that the Christian made. That's why Jesus put the responsibility squarely on the Christian to stay faithful.
SO in your version of God, Salvation is by WORKS and only initiated by "FAITH". Thanks for clearing that up.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
accept the requirements?

That's the issue my friend.

There are no requirements you can meet. There is only one requirement, and that is to be perfect, To be without sin. and no one has ever met that requirement

that's why no one could be saved by the law. No one could live up to the requirement.

As for why their hope was false. It had to do with faith, or in their case lack of it.

Matt 7 is not why. That is how we can see them. Its no different than James 2.

Those people had no real faith in god.

their faith was in self.. either in a licentious way or a legalistic way. (in the case of people who claim to have faith but have no works, it is the legalistic way)

Neither one of them have true hope. Anyone who as a true believe and has tried to trust in themselves to do something and not relied on God understand how futile it is to trust self and not trust in God..

I hope you are correct sir, but can't agree. I have never seen a government yet without laws, God's Kingdom is no exception. If one chooses life, and to stand on God's side of the issue, they have made an agreement to accept the requirements (laws if you will) of that agreement. 1 Jn 5:3 in itself shows your incorrectness.

Again, although it would be nice to be perfect, which actually means sinless, in other words observing the requirements/laws of God exactingly, at this time it is impossible. We will however be brought to perfection just like Adam was, and just like Adam we too will have to be tempted by satan, if we pass that test, we will be granted everlasting life (salvation).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not true

even when that 119 year old person's body dies, his spirit still lives.

the question is will he suffer eternal death (Hell) or eternal life (Heaven)

No sir, the Bible defines death, absolutely nothing lives on. You misunderstand because of the way Ruach was translated into various versions. The spirit/breath that goes out, is the breath of life, nothing more, simply another way of saying the individual died. Here is how the Bible defines death:

(Psalm 146:4) . . .His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5-10) . . .For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. . . .10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

Their hope of course is the resurrection. Jn 5:28,29; Acts 24:15. Everybody in hell will receive a resurrection, and it will be emptied, and no longer needed will be cast into the lake of fire Rev 20:13,14. That is part of the good news, and I am sure you will agree that is definitely great news.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANd your version of God simply lets people "slip away" and there's no security in salvation????

I assume you believe the Bible is the word of God Bob, so use your Bible and show me what your version of God is. I love to speak about Bible truths, also to put right what is not in the Bible sir. 2 Tim 3:16

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i meant to refer to the doctrinal differences of other Christian congregations—at least nominally, since i suspect that no two believers believe exactly alike even in the same congregation—so, diff context i guess

I would imagine that you are very correct to a degree, but of course those who are the recipients of Isa 2:2-4 who have been educated in God's house will also apply 1 Cor 1:10, by speaking in agreement. True, even they will have varying opinions on some matters that is not specifically answered in the Bible. I will give you an example, some in my faith believe that animals will die after the Kingdom comes, me personally I do not believe that. Only time will tell, many things are unanswerable in the Bible at this time.