Only baptism by immersion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I better understand what you mean now about it being our opinions.

The men who taught you say baptism doesn't take away sin...I gave 1st century writings from men who say different and scripture says it does! I choose my men and their interpretation of scripture over your men.
Thank you for your time.
you are right. You chose to follow men

Mary

Protestant defined: a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth.

That is you...

again proof of why I have no desire to discuss with you, you follow men, then lie about me

ps, in order to be a Protestant, I would have to protest the Catholic Church, I do not protest anything, I reject the name you give us as I reject your pagan doctrines

Good day, I will no longer respond to you

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again proof of why I have no desire to discuss with you, you follow men, then lie about me

ps, in order to be a Protestant, I would have to protest the Catholic Church, I do not protest anything, I reject the name you give us as I reject your pagan doctrines

Good day, I will no longer respond to you

Hi EG....Did you read the definition of Protestant? If you did you would see that you fit the universally accepted definition of Protestant.

In one sentence you say you don’t protest anything About The Church but then right after that say you reject the Churches alleged pagan doctrines! Sooooooo you do know that to protest against something is to reject it????

It seems you are saying you don’t follow the teachings of other men. If that is true then that means you have read the Bible and interpreted it to your own likeing and come up with your own doctrines??? If that is true then I agree, you don’t follow men. You follow yourself. A church of one. Not a good place to be.

I understand you will no longer respond to me. I have said things to you And asked you challenging questions that shake your doctrines to the core. I am just giving you the Truth. John 8:32 EG

Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Day sir

I pray you find Gods truth before you meet him.

I gave you the Greek definition. You ignored it

I showed you how it would have to be interpreted using your definition and how foolish it sounds in the two passages. Not to mention. How they fit the greek definition not yours

3. I asked you to show where Jesus told Nicodemus used the word Baptize when he told Nicodemus HOW we are born again. (by faith) and you could not

There is a time we have to wipe the dust off of our feet. and I think this is this time.

so went to wade in the river and sing cum by ya I suppose!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water Cults teach "Baptismal regeneration", which is the lie that water saves you.

This teaching denies the Cross, offends the Grace of God, and is a literal cursed of God, theology, as are those cults, cursed. Galatians 1:8

you have a crucifix? Have you put in Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen.

filthiness found in the heart, as sin or Christ rejection, can't be cleansed by taking a shower, or being immersed in water or sprinkled by the city water system.
See, inner dirt, the filth of the soul and of the mind, can't be cleansed by water that wets your body.
Can you understand this ??

So...Instead, you have to be cleansed from WITHIN.
= Born AGAIN.
ANd only God's Holy Spirit can deal with your dead spirit and your sin nature.
Water, need not apply.
Works need not apply.
Self Righteousness need not apply.

the outward washing accomplishes the innner washing acts 22:16 wash away your sins and Paul was baptized

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more to the NT, then that one verse.
So, dont make the mistake, that heretics make, of trying to ignore the rest of the NT that Paul wrote.
He is your "gentile apostile", and we are in the "time of the Gentiles".
So, find out what Paul teaches that Christ told him to teach, in this Dispensation.
Its not "water baptism".
Its "justification by Faith"..."the Gift of righteousness".
Yes but not “faith alone “

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please look up your comment above and show where is says born again means baptismal regeneration...
Hebrew Roots‎ | The original foundation

THE ORDINANCE OF WATER BAPTISMEdit

The word "Baptism" is a transliteration of the Greek word BAPTIZO which means to immerse. In Hebrew it is referred to as a MIKVEH - an immersion. Basically it is an immersion into another substance, for the purpose of being saturated by it, such as water in this instance.The new covenant also presents the immersion of a believer "in the Spirit of God" and also "with Fire". Matthew 3:11

immersion is preferred
But not required
Baptism is required
Fire is the love of God!

Baptismal regeneration!
The initiation into the new covenant!
The only means of grace and salvation!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

OT pre-figured baptism

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Hope you can swim? Cos outside the ark of salvation all drown!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the outward washing accomplishes the innner washing acts 22:16 wash away your sins and Paul was baptized

The Blood of Jesus is what God offers to deal with Sin.

"without the shedding of Blood there is no remission of SIN".
"Christ having PURGED our SIN with His own BLOOD".

See that?
No water found, as water can't deal with sin.
Only Christ's Blood , which is GOD's Blood, can deal with the sin of the world. and did.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works of righteousness (like water baptism) which we have done, but by his mercy he saved us by the washing (baptism) and renewal (new birth) of the Holy Spirit

Our spiritual washing (baptism) and new birth is performed by God, not some pastor immersing us in water

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Blood of Jesus is what God offers to deal with Sin.

"without the shedding of Blood there is no remission of SIN".
"Christ having PURGED our SIN with His own BLOOD".

See that?
No water found, as water can't deal with sin.
Only Christ's Blood , which is GOD's Blood, can deal with the sin of the world. and did.
The merits of His blood are applied in faith and baptism, that’s why is says wash away “sins” acts 22:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We give God our faith, and God gives us His righteousness.
"Justification by Faith" = "the GIFT of Righteousness".
There is no other way to be "saved", as God accepts nothing less.

you have to believe the catholic faith whole and entire and all Christ has commanded including baptism by water and the spirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have to believe the catholic faith whole and entire and all Christ has commanded including baptism by water and the spirit
That is salvation by works which is a false gospel, and would make you a non repentant person,

if one has not repented, they have not had true living faith

that persons salvation is in question

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is salvation by works which is a false gospel, and would make you a non repentant person,

if one has not repented, they have not had true living faith

that persons salvation is in question

Faith and baptism is the initiation into the new covenant church not faith alone

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Don Mills

Feb 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I view baptism as a symbol of sins being washed away. But I'm sure we all agree that it is a symbol and the water isn't actually physically washing anything away. The Bible never specifically commands it be done one specific way. So being immersed or just having water poured over your head they both have the same symbolic significance. I don't think it matters in God's eyes as long as the heart is converted and you are finding meaning in the baptism act whichever way you have it done.

Reactions: April_Rose

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I view baptism as a symbol of sins being washed away. But I'm sure we all agree that it is a symbol and the water isn't actually physically washing anything away. The Bible never specifically commands it be done one specific way. So being immersed or just having water poured over your head they both have the same symbolic significance. I don't think it matters in God's eyes as long as the heart is converted and you are finding meaning in the baptism act whichever way you have it done.

acts 22:16 says in reality

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

more reality

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Noah’s ark a symbol?

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Hope you can swim? Cos outside the ark of salvation all drown!