origin of "the faith"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
One day when I was feeling particularly upset at what was going on in the world, the Lord said for me to 'untangle' myself of this world....That what must happen will happen and I should 'remove' myself from it and give my attention to the spirit life......I do think He has some understanding of how difficult it is for us, to be right in the midst of all this stuff going on in the world, so many injustices, so much death and suffering, and to somehow 'separate' ourselves out from it, and not let ourselves get distracted by it all ( as I most certainly do at times )........Jesus calls it a light burden, so once we are yoked to Him properly, we do not carry that load alone and we can go on stepping a little lighter, smiling a little wider and blessing with out mouths a little easier....:)
be somewhere else, imo; i usually suggest a course of helping out with birthings somewhere for ppl who have gotten too focussed on death/suffering.

of course death is fascinating to us, right, while birth is gross, huh
lol

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Law is still in full effect imo,
I'm fairly certain that the Bible states that God nailed the 'law of sin and death' to the cross, and removed the things which was separating us from Him..

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm fairly certain that the Bible states that God nailed the 'law of sin and death' to the cross, and removed the things which was separating us from Him..
so iow "not one jot or tittle," "teach this to others and you will be considered least in the kingdom," etcetcetc, these are all just empty words? I say again, being forgiven od something that one is not prepared to rebound of is the very worst feeling in the world, and we have a record of this in our Job's last day here, still accessible. The soul that sins will still die, ok. If you do not confess and rebound, you will still pay. Christ provided a path, certainly, but you must follow it, you can't just profess your way into the kingdom.

the Law of sin and death has not been repealed. Or i am confused, and i would have to ask for a Quote.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so iow "not one jot or tittle,
Ok, there is yet another bit of the Bible, which quotes completely opposite things....After almost making myself insane trying so hard to be as 'perfect' as I could be for Him (once I got a bible), I felt it was the least I could do in return, I began to learn, that not one single thing I was trying to accomplish that way, was of any use.....Sadly the wonderful peace and freedom I had in Him prior to getting so intensely into the dry study, wafted away bit by bit.....So I had to put it down and it took Him some time to teach me how to be free.....Being on this forum, there are things I come across that are just as doubt creating....People seemingly wanting to be stumbling blocks for those who just want to believe Him..

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok, there is yet another bit of the Bible, which quotes completely opposite things....After almost making myself insane trying so hard to be as 'perfect' as I could be for Him (once I got a bible), I felt it was the least I could do in return, I began to learn, that not one single thing I was trying to accomplish that way, was of any use
amen there

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
People seemingly wanting to be stumbling blocks for those who just want to believe Him..
if "believe Him" = "make a little profession and complete a checklist" i hope i am one of them!

lotta ppl wanna believe Him and can't bring themselves to acknowledge when they are being selfish and apologize, see.
no one is asking for perfectionism, we just want humility and rebound.
Not referencing believers in the Christian system here of course; they seek what you were experiencing i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not in my experience :)
oh, i would say that many or even most believers define Christ in an exclusive way, such that say a Gandhi or a Buddha, or even a Kaepernick, could not possibly be seeking Him, right. All Muslims are usually instantly disqualified, aren't they? Regardless of any fruit i guess, fruit we steadfastly ignore right, this has been shown here more than once, no one can complain about any bad Muslim fruit IRL from their perspective, tc has simply decided that the largest Muslim pop in the US does not really even exist, etc; not realizing that that is like the best recommendation of Muslims that could possibly be provided by an American, right

but you stated that you came by a path other than the Est'd church, so this could be all Greek to you too, maybe

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, there is yet another bit of the Bible, which quotes completely opposite things....After almost making myself insane trying so hard to be as 'perfect' as I could be for Him (once I got a bible), I felt it was the least I could do in return, I began to learn, that not one single thing I was trying to accomplish that way, was of any use.....Sadly the wonderful peace and freedom I had in Him prior to getting so intensely into the dry study, wafted away bit by bit.....So I had to put it down and it took Him some time to teach me how to be free.....Being on this forum, there are things I come across that are just as doubt creating....People seemingly wanting to be stumbling blocks for those who just want to believe Him..
Just so! With me my first problem was unlearning a lot of the things I learned in college. Then later I had to unlearn many things I learned from Bible teachers. I grant that I retain some good things from both sources, but when we decide to take and keep the whole loaf that any man of flesh or any denomination or any school or teacher wants us to swallow we are in a lot of trouble. No direct contact with the Lord on a very regular basis means we, as you put it, "waft away bit by bit. If we are really unwilling to grow closer to Him directly we are missing the best and most important part. Can we be saved without that direct connection?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can we be saved without that direct connection?
Yeah, I do know what you mean, also about the truth along the way, from people in churches and the Bible...But yes, that reality connection, that's the one....How can we be truly His, if we reject the very personal relationship He desires with us ? How can we even begin to learn the spiritual things, if we cannot hear The Spirit ?
The following after religious dogma and observance and 'so many' prayers per day,or any formulas, none are a relationship, it is purely an attempt at inflating oneself and try to accomplish, what only Jesus could....
The flesh so very much wants to take part of the glory of salvation..:" Oh God saved me because I was a good person"..No no, no one can be that good, it's just not possible...We are shown that Jesus and only Jesus was / am/ and will be the ONLY person worthy of opening the scroll in Heaven, when the time comes, so for us to try to knock ourselves out, trying to perfect ourselves in and by the flesh ? Well it's an excercise in futility.
Surrendering to Him, leaning on Him, learning from Him and just having a true relationship with Him, and through Him, also with our Father, as the Father and He are One, is where we need to go, IF we accept His very best ?
I am so happy each time I read your posts, because truth speaks for itself, once known...Thank you John

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
could not possibly be seeking Him, right.
I do not believe that at all...God sees the heart of men, if a heart is calling out for Him, whatever name they have been taught to call Him, He knows when it is He who is being called upon and He responds to our calls.....Some people have tried to tell me that I MUST call Jesus, Jeshua or something like that, but the thing is, He responds to Jesus just fine, so why do that ? Others can do what they think is 'more' correct, but as I said, He knows the hearts of men, on the whole and individually...