OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's happening all over the place... you got yer "gay christians" who are doing this... you got yer "I like to drink booze christians", the "I like to smoke weed christians".... and according to OSAS doctrine these folks can engage in all the sin they so desire and still be saved and go to Heaven!
Who said these people were saved?

Does the fact someone claims to be a christian mean they are saved?
You cannot claim to be OSAS and then suddenly say they can't as that is double speak...
I did nto say they cant. GOD DID through the apostle John.

You can’t call John a liar then proclaim you speak for God.

And you also can not contradict yourself. You can;t be good enough to earn salvation. If you can;t be good enough. Then how can you be bad enough?

In fact, one sin makes you unqualified.. James said if you stumble in the least of all sins. your guilty of all.

Stop puffing yourself up as if you are good enough. When your no more worthy that Hitler was.
The OSAS peoples claim one's actions do not cause them to be unsaved, so to the OSAS people.... it's all good if one wants to be a "gay christian" or a "I like to drink booze christian", or a "I like to smoke weed christian" or even one of those "child molesting christians".... cause it's all good to you people as long as they ever had a moment of faith, their saved! Right?
See here you go again,

Ones actions cannot cause them to be saved. So how can ones action cause them to be unsaved?

There ya go again.... accepting just a few happy vereses and ignoring the rest of God's Word.... to turn the grace of God in to lawlessness! Greasy grace changers!

Apparently, the greasy grace OSAS peoples claim Titus is teaching works based salvation in this scripture:

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Titus... being led directly by the Holy Ghost to write these words... is NOT teaching OSAS doctrine!
Titus did not tell us how to be saved, he told us how we as saved people should act.

This is why the OSAS peoples like to ignore this verse among many others since it doesn't fit their eisgesis (preconceived ideas not taught by the Lord's Word)
Like you ignore the passages that say you will never die. You will live forever. you have eternal life?

So your claim is... one somebody gets born again....it's literally impossible for them to sin???
Show where i have said this

This is typical reaction from someone who has no leg to stand on, you start to say people are saying things that have not said, and you continue to repeat the lie as if it is trUe

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why yes... Christians can sin all they want and they'll still fo to Heaven... according to those that believe in OSAS. (there, I took you out of it)

It certainly doers when OSAS peoples go around telling everyone that it's not possible to lose their salvation!

Correct... and when Jesus says ion John 15 that those not abiding IN Him will be cut off and cast in to the fire.... He's not changing His mind out that either.

According to Jesus, salvation is conditional upon not living for self, but living for the Lord abiding IN Him baring fruit. It's curtains for those that don't abide in Christ and go back to sin

2 Corinthians 5:15 says….Jesus died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

And the OSAS peoples claim even if one goes back to living in sin they will be saved.

If they don't say that, then they are admitting that OSAS is false doctrine.

No, I see and agree with the verses promising salvation... then unlike the OSAS peoples, I keep reading and I see where God's promises are conditional.... the OSAS peoples don't accept the Whole Counsel of God because they continually claim the rest of God's Word is irrelevant and we don't need the rest of His word... all we need is the few happy verses.

Than it's settled... ALL that enmbrace OSAS have character flaws because they have chosen to reject all portions of God's Word that does not agree with their false doctrine

Rejecting all of God's Word is actually sin, but feel free to call it a "character flaw" as to not hurt the feelings of the OSAS peoples. They do seem to be quite squishy and sensitive as they get their feelings hurt real easy.

It's a credible observation.... OSAS peoples be flip floppin as they just can seem to be stoppin the floppin :jest:
Your a riot.

Typical pharisee

Reactions: Ritajanice

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree...I was in ignorance of it ..and quite honestly Brother...I’ve not long realised how ignorant I was...you see the enemy wanted me to stay in my ignorance.

God had other plans...Praise His Holy Name.

Provided you did your part and turn to God.

You have an enemy in the devil, Satan. Then you can also be an enemy to God, if you walk contrary to him.

Unless one is a baby Christian and is just now learning God's Word... anybody that's has been walking with the Lord for a while knows scripture does not teach "once saved always saved", aka eternal security.

Here's one that most definitely DOES Speak Against the Eternal Security of the believer

Galatians 6:7-8
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.

Romans 1:28
they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do what ought not to be done

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance which means God cannot violate our free will and save us anyway IF we choose to go back to our sin which is living in darkness. In God there is NO darkness. (1 John 1:5)

This is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away or denies is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.
G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

Adam and Eve were given eternal life by the Lord when He created them... but when they sinned against God they became corrupt and died spiritually and became separated from God.

So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.

How the two chapters from Matthew? I'll guess you know which ones I'm talking about.

I don't believe in OSAS. I've watched testimonies from people and videos of people speaking against it, to know about the matter.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have an enemy in the devil, Satan. Then you can also be an enemy to God, if you walk contrary to him.
The Holy Spirit is my guide and teacher.

He indwells my Spirit....he always brings me to the truth of God’s Living word.

I am NO enemy of God...I am Born Again...therefore a child of God.

Who do you think teaches us....only one person can teach us...that is the Holy Spirit...he’s the helper.

For your information..to help you understand the role of the Holy Spirit. @ShineTheLight

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, comforts us, guides us, gives us spiritual gifts and the desire to obey God; and he enables us to pray and to understand God's Word. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, and he enables us to pray and to understand God's Word.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said these people were saved?

Your handlers at the OSAS Association.

I did nto say they cant. GOD DID through the apostle John.

John didn't say anything... the Lord spoke thru John and said if one does not abide IN Christast baring fruit, they will be cut off and thrown in to the fire (see John 15)

Like I said... go argue with Jesus and tell Him he's got it all wrong.

So how can ones action cause them to be unsaved?

Read God's Word and find out... ALL of it.
Quit being a Cherry Picker you cotton picker! laughing7.gif

he told us how we as saved people should act.

Actually, the Lord told us how to act thru Titus... those that disobey what the Lord says thru Titus are back on the highway to hell.

Like you ignore the passages that say you will never die.

Jesus also said if one does not abide in Him, they are cut off and cast in to the fire.

You'll need to explain to the Lord that He has it all wrong... He'll ignore you of course but feel free to go blah blah blah to Him about it.

Show where i have said this

You specifically said "A child of God can not live in sin"

So, I asked a simple question concerning your statement....

Attachments

• laughing7.gif
    laughing7.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 1

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your handlers at the OSAS Association.
Nice try..
John didn't say anything... the Lord spoke thru John and said if one does not abide IN Christast baring fruit, they will be cut off and thrown in to the fire (see John 15)

Like I said... go argue with Jesus and tell Him he's got it all wrong.
John said a lot. He said those born of God can not live in sin, whoever lives in sin has never seen or known God,

John `5 needs to be interpreted correctly. It is about producing fruit. Not about being saved

Read God's Word and find out... ALL of it.
Quit being a Cherry Picker you cotton picker! View attachment 36906
You mean stop being like you?
Actually, the Lord told us how to act thru Titus... those that disobey what the Lord says thru Titus are back on the highway to hell.
So what did Jesus do on the cross?

anyone who commits one sin is headed to hell. Apart from grace..

I think you and I both fit this model of hell deservers

Only you will nto admit it
Jesus also said if one does not abide in Him, they are cut off and cast in to the fire.

You'll need to explain to the Lord that He has it all wrong... He'll ignore you of course but feel free to go blah blah blah to Him about it.
So he said they will NEVER DIE

then he later said they will die

So which one did he get right, and which one did he lie about?

You specifically said "A child of God can not live in sin"

So, I asked a simple question concerning your statement....
Live in sin is not the same as never sinning.

Lena123

Oct 3, 2023
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless one is a baby Christian and is just now learning God's Word... anybody that's has been walking with the Lord for a while knows scripture does not teach "once saved always saved", aka eternal security.

Here's one that most definitely DOES Speak Against the Eternal Security of the believer

Galatians 6:7-8
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.

Romans 1:28
they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do what ought not to be done

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance which means God cannot violate our free will and save us anyway IF we choose to go back to our sin which is living in darkness. In God there is NO darkness. (1 John 1:5)

This is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away or denies is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.
G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

Adam and Eve were given eternal life by the Lord when He created them... but when they sinned against God they became corrupt and died spiritually and became separated from God.

So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.
i am new here. bro, can you explain what is OSAS?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible doesn't teach OSAS but it does teach Eternal Security.
I agree, you are correct. Eternal security is offered at our salvation, however it has a conditional clause; just as any WILL does! Our eternal security hinges on our remaining in the vine, continuing in the faith!

John 15:
4 As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, EXCEPT IT ABIDE IN THE VINE; NO MORE CAN YE, EXCEPT YE ABIDE IN ME.except it abide in the vine; 5 I am the VINE, ye are the BRANCHES,I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for WITHOUT ME ye can do nothing.

Colossians 1:23
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm AND DO NOT MOVE FROM THE HOPE HELD OUT IN THE GOSPEL. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said those born of God can not live in sin, whoever lives in sin has never seen or known God,

Correct, so when someone who got born again.... and later goes back to sin, you then admit they are then lost meaning OSAS is false doctrine?

I think you and I both fit this model of hell deservers

Only you will nto admit it

The difference is, I "used" to deserve hell.... now, I've been washed in the Blood of Jesus and made righteous.... and have sense enough to accept the whole counsel of God to know and understand if I turn away from Him and go back to sin... then I would be deserving of hell once again.

The OSAS peoples get their false doctrine from John Calvin who claims we all sin every day in thought word and deed cause we're all sinners, we cannot help but to sin, and none of us can quit committing sin.

Folks living that that are walking after the flesh and are actually deserving of hell!

So he said they will NEVER DIE

then he later said they will die

The part you miss is... both are true and since God decided to make man in His Own Image, man has free will. and because of this God's promises are in fact conditional. You mised the conditions Jesus spoke of in John 15... but, that's what OSAS peoples do!

Meaning, if a man decides to sin he has sown to the flesh and has reaped corruption and is not longer in right standing with the Lord because the man decided to turn away from the Lord!

This is WHY the Lord put provisional promises in His Word for those that have sinned and become corrupt... to repent and come back to the Lord and be cleansed of all unrighteousness.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Live in sin is not the same as never sinning.

So the question remains... do you think once someone is born again, it's not possible for them to ever sin again?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am new here. bro, can you explain what is OSAS?

Basically the OSAS peoples believe that once one becomes a born again Christian.... they can never ever never never lose their salvation.... EVEN if they continue living in sin, or if later on they go back to living in sin.

One of the most famous and leading proponents to OSAS teaching is a redneck from Georgia named Charles Stanley. When you hear him speak he's definitely a redneck... but, I'm not sure if he dipped snuff or dated his step sister not

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3d9dT6LUqQ

In his book, Eternal Security, Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

Reactions: Lena123

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the reason we confess our sins is we acknowledge them.. If we do not acknowledge them, we are basically hiding them, or trying to run from our sin, and we will have trouble stopping that sin or those sins..

We do not beg forgiveness. Jesus already forgave them. We acknowledge the sin to God (we come to the throne of Grace) and basically name them, and thank God for forgiving us, and asking for his help to overcome..

that is how I do it anyway
Correct.
To deny we are capable of any sin after being born again, is to fall into the trap of self-righteousness just like the Pharisees!
If we must reconcile to our brother who is offended or offends us before God will accept our gift, is God not more deserving ? It is not by HIS GRACE that we are
saved ?

Matthew 5:23-24 KJV
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us OUR SINS, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Basically the OSAS peoples believe that once one becomes a born again Christian.... they can never ever never never lose their salvation.... EVEN if they continue living in sin, or if later on they go back to living in sin.
Oh really.

You show me or quote, any Born Again on this page who said this........EVEN if they continue to live in sin ,or if later on they go back to living in sin?

Show me please?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, But you can become dull to it. if you keep ignoring it.. You will just be chastened and maybe not know why
True.
This is the hardening of the heart we are warned against. Keep pushing away the chastisements of God, and he will peg one as stubborn & rebellious and let them go their own way. Believing a lie that they still have a relationship with him when in fact, they are delusional reprobates!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sneaky rita , you took a picture of me after having to sit for five minutes under pope francis and this all inclusive delusion .
RAISE those hands up dear sister . That looks like me just moments before i fall into a coma produced
by having to listen to this pope and others within the protestant realm .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lena123

Oct 3, 2023
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One of the most famous and leading proponents to OSAS teaching is a redneck from Georgia named Charles Stanley. When you hear him speak he's definitely a redneck... but, I'm not sure if he dipped snuff or dated his step sister not

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)
Thank you so much for your explaination. bro, how can i talk to you privately?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

I think ole Stanley has passed.
Be interesting to ask him what he believes NOW!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again can’t harden their heart..not if they are truly Born Again..as God’s Living word says.

Ezekiel 36:26
Audio Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

New Living Translation
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

Praise God...who is true to his word.
Thank you Lord for that new heart and for your Holy Spirit...and yes Lord you are true to your word.
You took my stony ,stubborn heart and you did give me a tender, responsive heart.
Praise Your Holy Name!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh really.

You show me or quote, any Born Again on this page who said this........EVEN if they continue to live in sin ,or if later on they go back to living in sin?

Show me please?
Anyone who returns to the pits and is overcome , WERE NEVER HIS .
Paul was one of HIS and paul too also warned and reminded the church we must endure to the end .
But yes if one cometh out and is overcome , THEY were not truly HIS .
IF that which ye have heard shall remain in YOU , then YOU shall CONTINUE IN THE SON .
Yet i seem to see many who now have abandoned the fact YE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST to be saved
and rather they seem to embrace this love path to GOD which includes Calling certain sins love
as well as saying All other religoins had no need to believe on HIM , just hug and love .
Sounds to me like a lot ARE NOT HIS and if they once did beleive , IT WAS IN VAIN as they now SELL OUT
to this all inclusive delusion from satan . IF any tries to say or make the claim
that folks have no need to have beleived on JESUS , THEN THEY ARE NOT HIS . and that be a FACT .
THE GOSPEL , WE MUST CONTINUE TO BELEIVE IN HIM . HE ALONE .
And we cannot sit at both tables .
MEANING we cannot say to ourselves OH JESUS IS OUR WAY , WE BELEIVE
but its not necessary for others to have had to beleived . NOPE that proves WE ARE NOT HIS .
CAUSE JESUS HIMSELF said HE be the ONLY WAY and that YE MUST BELEIVE
now if we call him a liar , THEN HOW ARE WE TRULY HIS . WE AINT . GOTTA STICK to preaching JESUS CHRIST .
LOOK , the truth is in this day and age its gonna be seen as hateful and wicked and being judgmental
TO say OTHER religoins are false and that they must repent and beleive . SAYING THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO GOD
IS NOT going to be tolerated at all by this all inclusive generation . BUT TRUE IT IS PEROID . WE gotta
point to CHRIST JESUS to the end and let none be taken in with the error of the wicked , the lie that denies
ONE MUST BELEIVE . I Invite us to go look real closely at the born again in the bible .
Like paul for example . WHEN HE went around from synagogue to synagogue
DID HE preach HEY Jews and HEY EVERYONE , WE dont need to preach JESUS CHRIST
all we need to do is find what we all have in common , do good works . NO HE DIDNT . BUT THEN PAUL WAS BORN AGAIN
and HE even shook the dust off of his feet with dire warnings against any and all WHO REJECTED JESUS CHRIST .
BUT , like i said PAUL WAS BORN AGAIN . THE SPIRIT WITHIN HIM TESTIFIED OF JESUS CHRIST , not this other fake love junk
PAUL had the TRUE LOVE OF GOD upon HIS HEART , THAT LOVE DESIRES NONE to perish , SO IT POINTS TO THE DIRE
NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Status
Not open for further replies.