OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have been teaching OSAS for over 35 years to thousands of people. I only teach bible truth about salvation, not the demon ic lie that Jesus didn't die for all your sins or for all of someones sins, so that they have to pay the price they trusted Christ to pay.

To quote the HULK from the Avengers, your god is a "puny god". If you believe that Jesus is not capable to save those He made children of God, or loses patience or will leave or forsake them, then the bible needs to be tossed out andwe are left with nothing to hold to for faith.
Romans 1:7-8 (NKJV)
7 To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise YOU also will be cut off.

Clearly referring to Christians! Are you a Christian? If so, it is referring to YOU!

Reactions: Parousia

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can sin like the Devil and still be a Christian. Can you also blaspheme the Holy Spirit and NEVER lose your salvation?

Individuals cannot blaspheme the holy sp[irit anymore. that sin ended when Jesus ascended.

And I never said one can sin like the devil. That is you simply putting words in my mouth I did not utter!

But sin is not the issue for the saved or the lost. A person does not go to hell because they sin. they go to the lake of fire because they rejected Christ as Savior and thus never born again and never had His blood remove their full sin account.

Someone doesn't go to heaven because they ceased sinning or their sinning slowed to a trickle. they go to heaven because they trusted in the death, burial and physical resurrection of Jesus for their sin and thus are made a child fo God, given eternal ife, justified, glorified, seated in heavenly places, more than a conquerer, have peace with god and all their sins (even future ones) have been blotted out of their account!

It has never been about how good or bad we are, but Jesus! And when you and so many others stop jumping to wild conclusions and putting words in my mouth, I will give the other part of life that occurs wqhen we are born again!

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise YOU also will be cut off.

Clearly referring to Christians! Are you a Christian? If so, it is referring to YOU!

It is just so sad that you believe that Romans 11:22 has to do with salvation. It doesn't.

Romans 10:8-11
King James Version

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

This is the biblical requirement for salvation!

Also this:

Ephesians 2:8-10
King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The verb saved in verse 8 is in the perfect passive participle. Now go learn what that means and rejoice that your salvation was a once for all time event and is kept for you by Jesus HImself and as a token of that promise He SEALED you with the Hoiy spirit!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have been teaching OSAS for over 35 years to thousands of people. I only teach bible truth about salvation, not the demon ic lie that Jesus didn't die for all your sins or for all of someones sins, so that they have to pay the price they trusted Christ to pay.

To quote the HULK from the Avengers, your god is a "puny god". If you believe that Jesus is not capable to save those He made children of God, or loses patience or will leave or forsake them, then the bible needs to be tossed out andwe are left with nothing to hold to for faith.

Do you teach that we need not do good to get to heaven?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. A group If people. People who where part of the church and left in unbelief
I am sorry you can not handle that fact. But we have had them since the church started. I know a few myself. Scripture still Fits even today

Oh, thats right, you were the one who lied and said we do not need to do good to get to heaven, I forgot that such as that made me stop taking you seriousely

And now you are saying that anyone who leaves a particular church was never saved to begin with? What's not to handle? Your logic is a joke. They were not referring to everyone who left the church, but to a specific group of Antichrists.

Next time, please be truthful about the scripture by using all of it, and not using just enough of it to get it so far out of context, you can make it mean whatever works for you.

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever quote a single verse?

How ironic!

Why did you avoid Romans 11 and verse 29? Or verse 20?

Romans 11 is Paul referring to Israel who were hardened and cut off, except for the elect among them. See verses 7-11.As he warned the Gentiles to not suffer that same punishment, in verse 22 because, as was with Israel , this chapter is referring to corporate people groups in covenant with God.
Not individuals in salvation, as discussed in Romans 9.

Notice that even in the case of Israel whom God hardened, God still had elect among them.

So no, Romans does not sustain your point, that the Christian elect of God can lose their salvation.

Why would you insist you can be damned again by your choice? When God has never said anything of the kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, thats right, you were the one who lied and said we do not need to do good to get to heaven, I forgot that such as that made me stop taking you seriousely

And now you are saying that anyone who leaves a particular church was never saved to begin with? What's not to handle? Your logic is a joke. They were not referring to everyone who left the church, but to a specific group of Antichrists.

Next time, please be truthful about the scripture by using all of it, and not using just enough of it to get it so far out of context, you can make it mean whatever works for you.

that’s right you think you can do enough good to earn salvation. You want to hand his your self righteousness
John said those who were of us and have now left and are Antichrist. Or deny Christ. Which is what an unbeliever by definition was was Never if us. Your argument is with him not me. Go yell at him when you die. Maybe you will
Listen to him

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I just understand it for what it actually means, now.
You arrived at that opinion because you accept the verse that tells us God lifts the seal if his holy spirit from us the moment we lose faith?
Where would that verse be?

When faith is an irrevocable gift of God, we cannot lose faith.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Holy Spirit seals you forever. As long as you keep believing. The point is you won't wake up one day in your believing and the seal of God will be absent from you because of some failure or deficiency on Jesus' part. That's what was wrong with the first covenant. The priest and the sacrifice were deficient and didn't last. But in this New Covenant the High Priest and the Sacrifice never end and are never deficient, and so it, and it's effect, are eternal, not your possession of it—that is conditioned on your continued believing.
Show the scripture. God unseals us, removes his seal, the moment we lose the faith we did not arrive at but that he gave us as his free irrevocable gift.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one board I was at - discussions about OSAS vs OSnAS were NOT PERMITTED - PERIOD.

Among Arminians, there are both OSASers and non-OSASers. The Remonstrants - followers of Arminius after he died - said OSAS vs OSnAS was too close to call.

Arminius himself said it was not possible for a believer to lose his salvation - but it might be possible for a person to CEASE BEING A BELIEVER. And this was Wesley's view also, as near as I can make out. No one can grab you out of Christ's hand - but you can choose to walk away from Him.

Heb 3:6

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Predestination is according to foreknowledge of who will believe and persist in believing to the very end.

There are many warnings about falling away - work out your own salvation...

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 6:4

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Heb 6:6

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show the scripture. God unseals us, removes his seal, the moment we lose the faith we did not arrive at but that he gave us as his free irrevocable gift.
I don't know if you are unsealed the exact second you stop believing, but here's the scripture that tells you that the condition for you remaining in the promise of eternal life is that you keep believing (retain the word).....

As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25