OSAS.... what does this really mean ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jet

Jul 19, 2023
texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem here is OSAS dismisses continued belief and every scripture establishing it as necessary. by grace through faith means by grace through the blood of jesus you have eternal life through continued belief. Not a one time belief, which is a false doctrine. The over application of the term eternal, falsely using its definition as the description of the state of being, eternal life, to come at the regeneration. Is an erroneous miscomprehension of the correct grammatical phrase. thes false undestanding come from, shallow comprehenision. Most readers in the USA do not have the proper reading and comprehension ability to properly interpret biblical figures of speech. this is why Christianity has so many denomination with error. thinking that an everyday average reading level is sufficient to interpret scripture. Not even half the country can Identify, interpret or evaluate one or more pieces of information that require inference. And of those only 12% Perform multiple-step comprehension to correctly interpret or synthesize information from complex texts, which may require complex inferences. and of the 12, only 2% can analyzed information across multiple dense texts; construct syntheses, ideas or points of view, evaluating evidence-based arguments. So as a student of an excellent reading and comprehension literary professor. I was shown that the world has a false since of being able to break down complex text when they can not. this why there are so many cults and false teachings.
43% of the US population has low literacy. This is markedly different from illiteracy. They are able to read, but they misunderstand. A crisis hidden in plain sight. About 50% of adults can’t read past an eighth-grade level. and many of them seek to interpret scripture. I find this so much in Christianity, My class in reading and comprehension constantly exposes believers making contextual blunders when interpreting scripture. where? in the aera of allegories, metaphors, symbolism, idioms, hyperboles and not recognizing modern terms from the same ancient text terms. OSAS and Calvinist are the worse.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says===John 6:39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.

Reactions: Debp and mailmandan

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those workers of iniquity, know where you are headed. May I recommend the Maull's Barbecue Sauce.

On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? ' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness'” (Matthew 7:21-23).

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” Matthew 25:46

Καὶ ἀπελεύσονται οὗτοι εἰς κόλασιν αἰώνιον : οἱ δὲ δίκαιοι εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον.
Same Greek word for eternal used for Hell and Heaven.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14

2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

[Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem here is OSAS dismisses continued belief and every scripture establishing it as necessary. by grace through faith means by grace through the blood of jesus you have eternal life through continued belief. Not a one time belief, which is a false doctrine
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. Thanks for your Valuable Input.
Because Of:

God's All-Sufficient BLOOD! We now know these 'Over 12-Dozen Plain And Clear' Passages:

At the Very moment of 'one-time-belief':

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST
+
God's Eternal Assurance
+
God's Eternal Life Insurance

And, Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png