Our Significant other (Companion)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
So, I Need some help. We all are meant to have companions right?? Because When I leave the earth and make it into Heaven, I would like a Girlfriend....I know I dont see any chances on earth, I am aware there is no marriage in Heaven, But do we have significant others? Like a companion to "Be with" Like girlfriends? I would love that, I always wanted a girlfriend to be mine, and to live with in my House in Heaven......Is this going to happen?

PS!! Please with all respect...Please No telling me that all we will ever need is Jesus... This is true, however it's not what I am asking. Jesus is our Lord, But we gotta have some kind of Romance right??

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I am afraid not. When we reach Heaven and our glorified bodies (and minds) are perfected the transformation (sanctification) will be complete. There will be no need for that kind of companionship, though I don't see it being forbidden, we will just have a much different set of priorities in the next life.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
biggandyy said:
I am afraid not. When we reach Heaven and our glorified bodies (and minds) are perfected the transformation (sanctification) will be complete. There will be no need for that kind of companionship, though I don't see it being forbidden, we will just have a much different set of priorities in the next life.
:( Man Christianity comes with nothing.........

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
biggandyy said:
Maybe you are expecting the wrong things....
No I am definitely not. This is true in my heart. No I don't want every single thing to be revolving around a girlfriend, I know Jesus wants time with us, But I have a real desire in my heart for this, It is not a lie because it's my real Heart

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Should you trust your heart?

According to the Bible... No, you should not trust your heart, your emotions, etc.
Use the Bible and prayer to guide you through life's trials and decisions--not what you "feel" is right.

Prov. 18:2 "A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself."

Prov. 28:26 "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool..."

Gen. 6:5 "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Jer. 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Prov. 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."

Prov. 3:7 “Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.”

Rom. 1:22 “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,”

II Tim. 3:7 “Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Prov. 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

Simply put, you cannot trust what you think and feel.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Then why in the world do we just get married only to not be able to be with our companions in Heaven?? It gets deleted and erased you are saying..What If his will is for us to have relationships?

I love Jesus, But Why do I have to be a robot? I dont understand why everything in life has to be taken. Is this why moses was banned from the promised land?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I am not saying that, you are reading that into the reality.

When we are changed we are changed completely. In Heaven my wife will have new priorities, as will I.

Will we still love each other? Probably.

However, just as marriage here on Earth is a picture of what our relationship in heaven will be like with Christ, when we ARE united with Christ for all eternity our old relationships, while still present, will be far less potent compared to the relationship we will have with God.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
biggandyy said:
I am not saying that, you are reading that into the reality.

When we are changed we are changed completely. In Heaven my wife will have new priorities, as will I.

Will we still love each other? Probably.

However, just as marriage here on Earth is a picture of what our relationship in heaven will be like with Christ, when we ARE united with Christ for all eternity our old relationships, while still present, will be far less potent compared to the relationship we will have with God.
Changed completely...I will still be myself right? I like my personality.

On the other hand, Yes God's fellowship will be stronger than the companionship, But Sometimes Men and women cuddle or whatever....It's not a "Need" or "Priority", Its just a thing God created for partners to express love. Its not hurting anyone, Its not sexual or sinful you know?? Id rather not go for the eternity without a partner

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Like I said, I don't see anywhere in scripture that would forbid or even speak against what you just wrote, and I hope that is indeed the case.

As far as us still being us... there is plenty I would like to change about me, and much of that is why we are here on Earth first, to begin those changes (and maybe even get a few accomplished). In paradise I would imagine when I would encounter someone I will still recognize them despite the fact they are physically perfected and emotioinally and intellectually perfected.

I will still be BiggAndyy, but I will also be a servant of Christ, the Creator of the Universe and Sovereign of all Creation. Whatever false humility or character flaws I have now (the few there are ;)) will be wiped away.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Warrior said:
Changed completely...I will still be myself right? I like my personality.

On the other hand, Yes God's fellowship will be stronger than the companionship, But Sometimes Men and women cuddle or whatever....It's not a "Need" or "Priority", Its just a thing God created for partners to express love. Its not hurting anyone, Its not sexual or sinful you know?? Id rather not go for the eternity without a partner
Cheer up man :)

First, you'll still bear your personality, but every single defect will be gone. You will still be unique, but reflect the character of the One who made you what you are.

Next, you'll be okay. I know it says we are as the angels, not marrying, but this never means you won't have eternal close friends. Of course, we'll desire to meet and know everyone there, and glorify God. :)

I guess what i'm trying to say is, while I yearn on this earth to be married to the woman I dreadfully care for, at the same time if God says no marriage, then i'm okay with it. That never means she'll never be my friend, even if we can't be married :)

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Warrior said:
So, I Need some help. We all are meant to have companions right?? Because When I leave the earth and make it into Heaven, I would like a Girlfriend....I know I dont see any chances on earth, I am aware there is no marriage in Heaven, But do we have significant others? Like a companion to "Be with" Like girlfriends? I would love that, I always wanted a girlfriend to be mine, and to live with in my House in Heaven......Is this going to happen?

PS!! Please with all respect...Please No telling me that all we will ever need is Jesus... This is true, however it's not what I am asking. Jesus is our Lord, But we gotta have some kind of Romance right??
As I said to your previous OP, forget about what's coming in the future, and live the life God intended you to live here, and make SURE that you get into the life that comes after we leave this life. Then we'll worry about what happens then. No point worrying about something when we aren't there yet.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Hello fellow Servants of Christ. Before I make this topic, I would like to tell you I am only turning 17 so I am young in Christ. I have little experience with Using the Bible to back up what I am saying so bare with me on this one.

Lets Go back to the Garden of Eden. God Created a perfect paradise and made Adam, a sinless man in the image of God. In this Garden, He also created a woman to accompany him, Thus bringing Eve into the Garden. God said "It Is not good for the Man to be alone" Now, Most of you may argue me to the max about this, Because All we Need is Jesus, BUT God knows many men and women's desires for companions.

"You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. (Matthew 22:29-30).

To my knowledge Marry, was a greek word Used by Jesus that means for the purpose of reproduction.

Angels in Heaven do Not marry, or are given in marriage, As we will be in Heaven, But I believe we all have Companions of a different gender, Because The deepest need is Jesus, But the deepest desire is for a companion....You following?

God not only Said It was good, But He Blessed it (Adam and Eve's Companionship) Just like the Garden and earth.

Everyone says "In Heaven there will be no need" There is no need for friendship with Saints then. So you would be assuming that We can be good friends with saints, But Our relationships with our spouses disappear and we will no longer "Need" To love them the way we do.

God Created marriage for the purpose of multiplying (Sex also) and the need for reproduction no longer exists in Heaven. But the way we like to think, Is that our wives are just being used to have children only because we need to marry for children.....Kinda like some no strings attached talk.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is FROM ABOVE, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Good Marriage and relations with a Wife is a gift from God, So why would someone think there is no more of this?

Ok Picture we are in Heaven, and you walk up to your Mom...Do you REALLY Picture yourself Saying to your mother "Hi sister in Christ!" It just doesnt seem natural LOL

So Apply this to your Spouse.....Think about it!

Blessings

-Inmate

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Inmate said:

We are not told all things about Heaven so we are unable to think what it could be like. No one has the answer to your question.

I pray that the Lord will give you the desire of your heart and introduce you to a wonderful Christian girl right here and now on this earth.

Heaven is for later and God would have you live your life for now. :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Mat 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
Mat 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
Mat 22:27 And last of all the woman died also.
Mat 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

In this world we need male and female to breed to populate the earth, but in the spirirt we are neither male nor female, all these fleshy desires will be done away with in Heaven

In all His Love

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I am sure we will all know who we are (were) when we get to heaven .... we will know who our wife is (was) or girlfreind or whatever.

..... as far as marriage as we know it ..... i dont think so ..... It doesent sound like we will reproduce (babies) either .... so a lot of things will be different .... death and sickness will not be there either ...... lions and bears will be there but they will eat grass and straw instead of eating us.

This whole debate started when the experts of the law were trying to corner Jesus in a religious argument .... the jewish law said a woman could remarry if her husband died .... and the pharisees asked Jesus whose wife would she be in heaven ... the first guy or the second guy..... Jesus replied there will not be marriage in heaven as we know it down here.

I dont think the pharisees accepted christ either ..... they wanted to get rid of him ..... do you think they will be in heaven ?

Will you ?

thats what matters .... the rest is just a bunch of religious arguments that we cannot win and accomplish nothing anyway

Best wishes in your search for a christian girl .... there are some real good ones out there.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word companion is not adequate to describe how close we will be with each other in Heaven. Jesus used the word Body to illustrate our relationship with Him and each other - how exciting!