Our sins were forgiven after believing in the Lord, but why do we still often sin? How can we finally escape the bondage of sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize that remark was uncalled for and for that I am sorry but don't feel bad That is what everyone tells me also but I should be better and not stoop to such levels again I am sorry please find it in your heart to forgive me and by the way yes I agree there are way to many false teachers out there and I pray to God that he leads me in his truth that I may not be numbered among them.

Thank you--and blessing to you!

I would gladly delete my comment, seeing that you have apologized for yours...but you show a goodness that should not be covered up!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! If we are in fact a new creation, we go from loving to sin, to hating it!
THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID AGAIN .
Cause today i see lots of folks in churhes that dont seem to hate their sin let alone the sins of others
THEY SEEM to be honoring sins . NO LAMB WOULD DO SUCH A THING .
WE HATE even the EVILS of our own flesh . NOR do christains IDENTIFY WITH SIN .
OUR IDENTITY is in CHRIST ALONE . NOT SIN .
Example . GAY CHRISTAIN . WHY would a christain IDENTIFY with the very thing he or she is to be dead too .
MANY have not the SPIRIT , many have not been born again , many follow rather , another jesus
a false love that accepts sins and other paths to GOD . WE got problems in the buildings my friend .
AND ITS HIGH TIME the lambs stand and make biblical correction GREAT AGAIN .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, as a young believer I went round and round with this sin stuff.

The Lord finally taught me that just because I have a thought come to my mind like "Man, I'd like to get buy some good weed..." it was a devil tempting me and that was not mu thought... it was the devil presenting a thought in the first person and the thought was against the knowledge of God.

I had to learn to cast down thoughts and imaginations and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (2 Corinthians 10:5) and quit listening to the devil

Then, the Lord had me study what Jesus did when the devil came to tempt Him to try to get Him to sin.

Jesus would quote God's Word as an offensive weapon against the lies the devil was trying to get Him to fall for using scriptures related to the temptation the devil was bringing tat the moment.

I know lots of folks get all lathered up against word of faith, but there are biblical applications for speaking God's Word which Jesus used to slap the devil around with the sword of the Spirit (God's Word coming out of His mouth) until the devil couldn't take it anymore and ran off like the coward that he is.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The definition of resisting the devil is... submitting yourself to God.

We've got to renew our mind and think of ourselves according to what the Lord says about us as being new creatures in Christ.... and I cannot say enough and praising the Lord and being thankful!

Reactions: Lena123 and Azim

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also read Romans 6 for it deals with this

Yep, and I was amazed to find out that the answer for Roman 7 man is... Romans 8

I have to jump in when the calvinists and the reformed theology peoples claim we just can't help but sin everyday in though word and deed.

That's one of those snares the devil lays for Christians...

Reactions: Azim

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is my opinion you need a lot of schooling on the Kingdom come but that is a topic for another thread but I must ask do you think Jesus is not now ruling from his throne?
The Kingdom of God and how and when it “comes”, is a vital topic because it was the main focus of Jesus’ teachings.

I have been a Bible student for most of my life, investigating all aspects of the truth as it is taught in scripture. There is no such thing as “the OLD testament“ and “the NEW testament”….it is ALL God’s word, and we need to study all of it and understand it’s narrative from the perspective of those to whom it was originally written, and in the languages of those people.

Jesus is already ruling as King over his disciples, but the remaining ones of the elect are still on earth. The “marriage of the Lamb“ cannot take place until the full complement of his “bride” are in heaven….that will take place soon, and then mankind will see the final judgment of the “sheep and the goats” after the greatest tribulation the human race has ever experienced. (Matt 24:21) Only those who have God on their side will come out of that “great tribulation” that we all see is looming.

Wendy Soo

Oct 5, 2023
Victoria (name)
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is clear to see that even believers whose sins are forgiven still engage in dishonesty, deceit, and arrogance. They refuse to listen to others once they have some knowledge of the Bible. They strive for power and personal gain, and they continue to live in sinful ways from which they cannot free themselves. Many believers are driven by their desire for worldly pleasures. They tend to follow the trends of the world, indulge in smoking, drinking, gambling, and even resort to drugs. Some even give in to their lustful desires and engage in extramarital affairs.
This shows that though the Lord forgave our sins, our sinful nature still exists; our corrupt disposition still exists. We’re likely to rebel against, resist, and judge God at any moment. This is an undeniable fact. No matter how long someone is a believer, they cannot escape sin and achieve holiness or be worthy of facing God.
Romans 7:17-19
17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
Ephesians 4:22-23
22 that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your
Even if people who believe in God display many good behaviors outwardly, as long as there is sin in their hearts, we are not considered holy and it's not enough to enter the kingdom of God to attain eternal life unless our hearts are purified.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come” (John 16:12–13).

“Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth” (John 17:17).

“And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects Me, and receives not My words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John 12:47–48).
Hi, and may God bless your search into the answer to such a question, knowing there is one and it is for all believers….

What might help with seeing into the answer is knowing that even though one might tell you the exact answer, the heart can not receive the truth of it till the heart sees the truth of the answer inwardly, till this happens the answer will just remain words on paper with no real life experienced from them….

There is an answer to your question and it is in scripture, it is put forth in many different ways and with many different words each describing the same truth, it is understanding and seeing into this truth that is the answer to your question….

Ask yourself why was Paul accused of preaching a Gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’, the answer to this question is the understanding of the Gospel Paul was preaching, which in fact is the actual good news of God to man…

Which is ‘he that has died is freed from sin’, it is understanding our death in Christ that frees one from the power of sin…. And to the degree one sees into their death in Christ to that degree will they be set free from sin… For entering into one’s death in Christ can and will only be experienced to the degree one is willing to be actually dead rather than sin.. Once one is brought to the place they would willingly die then sin, their heart is ready to grab unto by faith being joined with Christ in both His death and resurrection and in so doing will know why Paul was accused of preaching a Gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’…

If by chance there is any truth in these words present them before God and ask His consul….

For the answer is for all that will be willing to give up their lives unto death to be freed from sin….

Something also that might help is seeing that ‘walking by faith’ and ‘walking after the Spirit’ are pointing to the same truth, just put forth with different words…

May God open whatever the answer is to your heart, that by experience you would be made free from sin so that your life would experience the walking in newness of life written of in scripture…

Blessings, from a fellow searcher into Him, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God and how and when it “comes”, is a vital topic because it was the main focus of Jesus’ teachings.

I have been a Bible student for most of my life, investigating all aspects of the truth as it is taught in scripture. There is no such thing as “the OLD testament“ and “the NEW testament”….it is ALL God’s word, and we need to study all of it and understand it’s narrative from the perspective of those to whom it was originally written, and in the languages of those people.

Jesus is already ruling as King over his disciples, but the remaining ones of the elect are still on earth. The “marriage of the Lamb“ cannot take place until the full complement of his “bride” are in heaven….that will take place soon, and then mankind will see the final judgment of the “sheep and the goats” after the greatest tribulation the human race has ever experienced. (Matt 24:21) Only those who have God on their side will come out of that “great tribulation” that we all see is looming.
Though many lambs WILL BE KILLED in it . COMING OUT of it simply meaneth they were faithful unto death .
MANY lambs are about to bleed . And this blood is not alien to the church .
Many have bled before us . Before even we were a glean in our parents eyes .
BUT THIS BLOOD bath i speak of , THIS great tribulation will result in such a high number of lambs in such a short amount of time .
BEWARE . BEWARE . for what i say next i say to all .
THE DELUSION that leadeth to perditoin has ENTERED INTO ..............................EVERY DENOMINATION known to man .
OH YEAH , EVEN IN and WITHIN the watch tower . OH YES many do now the work of satan
THE GOAL IS TO UNIFY all the faiths and religoins as one . SO marvel not
if you have been hearing lots of speeches about unity and over looking our differences . THE WHORE IS ALL OVER
the christain realm and has been feeding even the secular world and all false religoins too .
TO UNITE THEM UNDER what her father the DRAGON calleth LOVE . YA BETTER WATCH OUT .
WE BETTER ALL BE ON GAURD is all i can say . ITS ENTERED INTO CHRISTENDOM .
BUT THE TRUTH IS , IT CAME FROM WITHIN CHRISTENDOM ITSELF . THE HARLOT has not been sleeping
nor her father the devil . THE Mystery of inquity has not been at rest , the spirit of anti christ has not been at rest .
ITS BEEN PROWLING the earth taking captive all to a lie to UNIFY ALLL , not in the lambs book of life
UNDER THE BEAST . AND IT DOES IT by spreading a love that is EVIL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Though many lambs WILL BE KILLED in it . COMING OUT of it simply meaneth they were faithful unto death .
MANY lambs are about to bleed . And this blood is not alien to the church .
Many have bled before us . Before even we were a glean in our parents eyes .
There have been many who were executed for their faith in ancient times as well as in more modern history.
Jehovah’s Witnesses have a special place in the Holocaust Museum because they refused to heil Hitler or to participate in his bloodshed. Unlike the Catholic church who supported Hitler, my brothers and sisters went to their deaths with courage and a firm faith…..these paid with their lives but were “faithful unto death”.
BUT THIS BLOOD bath i speak of , THIS great tribulation will result in such a high number of lambs in such a short amount of time .
BEWARE . BEWARE . for what i say next i say to all .
THE DELUSION that leadeth to perditoin has ENTERED INTO ..............................EVERY DENOMINATION known to man .
OH YEAH , EVEN IN and WITHIN the watch tower .
The great tribulation will be worse than anything mankind has ever experienced before…..it is the final showdown between God and the devil, with the forces of evil pitted against one another. The Bible tells us who will then gain the victory, with God’s seemingly defenseless people putting their full faith in his saving power.

Consider what Jehovah instructed his people to do when ancient Babylon was attacked: “Go, my people, enteryour inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief moment until the wrath has passed by.” (Isaiah 26:20) It seems that those words also apply to us who will face the great tribulation.

God’s people are not divided in the churches of Christendom, but have separated themselves from that disunited excuse for Christianity. (Rev 18:4-5) They are one in unity with the whole brotherhood because God’s spirit unites his people rather than dividing them…..it isn’t God who speaks with a forked tongue.
OH YES many do now the work of satan
THE GOAL IS TO UNIFY all the faiths and religoins as one . SO marvel not
if you have been hearing lots of speeches about unity and over looking our differences . THE WHORE IS ALL OVER the christain realm and has been feeding even the secular world and all false religoins too .
TO UNITE THEM UNDER what her father the DRAGON calleth LOVE . YA BETTER WATCH OUT .
WE BETTER ALL BE ON GAURD is all i can say . ITS ENTERED INTO CHRISTENDOM .
It was always in Christendom from its beginnings…..the corruption of Christianity is nothing recent….as soon as the apostles had passed away, satan began his infiltration, using weak minded and greedy men driven by lust for wealth and power…..so by the time of Constantine, “Christianity” had become a weak and unrecognizable shadow of its former self…..when Jesus comes to judge the world, he will reject those false Christians as those he “NEVER KNEW”….(Matthew 7:21-23) ”NEVER“ means “not ever”…..he has never recognized Christendom as his domain….he has never set foot in it.
BUT THE TRUTH IS , IT CAME FROM WITHIN CHRISTENDOM ITSELF . THE HARLOT has not been sleeping
nor her father the devil . THE Mystery of inquity has not been at rest , the spirit of anti christ has not been at rest .
ITS BEEN PROWLING the earth taking captive all to a lie to UNIFY ALLL , not in the lambs book of life
UNDER THE BEAST . AND IT DOES IT by spreading a love that is EVIL .
Indeed, so we need to find those who worship God in unity (1 Cor1:10) and feed at the table of the ones appointed by Jesus to “feed”, guide and direct his disciples through these difficult “last days”. (Matt 24:45; 2 Tim 3:1-5)

There are only two tables at which to “feed”….
”You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.” (1 Cor 10:21)

We have to know where our beliefs come from….were they invented or adopted by Christendom?….or do they come straight from the complete word of God? He knows who the sincere seekers are…those who will accept an uncomfortable truth over a comfortable lie promoted by the deceiver. Then God will invite that one into his global spiritual family. (John 6:44; 65)

Last edited:

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is easier for some to invoke satan and the sorcery of his world than to admit one is created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Revelation 2:8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easier for some to invoke satan and the sorcery of his world than to admit one is created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

That's one of the good works we are called to... to turn from the power of satan unto God

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

In order to receive forgiveness of our sins, we must turn away from the devil and walk with the Lord.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

That's a promise from the Lord for those who will not have to go thru the great tribulation... who keeps the word of His constancy (not changing, abiding in Christ continually, not wavering)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have God’s seed in them, they have been birthed in the Spirit..

We are being sanctified daily, through the power of the Holy Spirit..as we grow in him.

We learn to HATE SIN..we are that New Creation and HE who started a work in us, will finish it...In Jesus Name...Amen!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

In order to receive forgiveness of our sins, we must turn away from the devil and walk with the Lord.
In order to receive forgiveness of sins...we must be “ Birthed In The Spirit “?

Verses below?

Romans 8:2​

ESVFor the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
NIVbecause through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
NASBFor the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
CSBbecause the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death.
NLTAnd because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
KJVFor the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

How do “ YOU” turn away from the devil in your own strength?

How do “ YOU” walk with the Lord?

What needs to happen before you know or can walk with the Lord?

Last edited:

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's one of the good works we are called to... to turn from the power of satan unto God

That's a promise from the Lord for those who will not have to go thru the great tribulation... who keeps the word of His constancy (not changing, abiding in Christ continually, not wavering)
Here comes a paraphrase. We no longer linger amongst the murderers, adulterers, mother killers. We now only see our Father Who art in heaven, whose Will be done in us as we shall be firstborns belonging to God.

Romans 6:15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here comes a paraphrase. We no longer linger amongst the murderers, adulterers, mother killers. We now only see our Father Who art in heaven, whose Will be done in us as we shall be firstborns belonging to God.

Not if one is living in sin they're not...

Christians are supposed to be living in righteousness not willingly or knowing doing sinful things and IF they did it wouldn't be something they knew was sinful and did it anyway... and IF a Christian did sin, they would turn away from it (Repent) immediately and confess it to the Lord asking for forgiveness immediately

But sadly, the modern day churches and ministries teach such heresies as all future sins are already forgiven and the Lord cannot even see your sin... so many think they can live in sin and still be right with the Lord.

But the be mistaken and fakin the bacon!

Reactions: Aunty Jane