Our sins were forgiven after believing in the Lord, but why do we still often sin? How can we finally escape the bondage of sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God NEVER said he can give you the Spirit?

God said you must be “ Born Again”......” Spirit Gives Birth To Spirit “.?

We must be birthed in the Spirit?

One must receive that “ LIVING “ spiritual birth.....without that, you are not HIS.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God....then we get those spiritual eyes and ears.
we totally disagree here the gospel of John mostly is about God giving the spirit Acts 2:38 says God gives the spirit Act 19 says God gives the spirit Romans 6 tells God gives the spirit Have you not read any scriptures I gave you?

What in the world is the LIVING spiritual birth and where is the scripture book chapter and verse you found that phrase?

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ritajanice
In reply to your post #56 I do not understand your point of reference it is not telling how to be born again but walking in the spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
we totally disagree here the gospel of John mostly is about God giving the spirit Acts 2:38 says God gives the spirit Act 19 says God gives the spirit Romans 6 tells God gives the spirit Have you not read any scriptures I gave you?

What in the world is the LIVING spiritual birth and where is the scripture book chapter and verse you found that phrase?
Why have you dismissed and denied the word of God ..?

I gave you the Living word of God....becoming Born Again is like the wind....

I have answered everyone of your questions.

I will answer no more....as at the moment you aren’t understanding....I will leave you to God..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ritajanice
In reply to your post #56 I do not understand your point of reference it is not telling how to be born again but walking in the spirit.
You have already said...you don’t understand what it means to be Born from Above.

Being Born Again by the Holy Spirit is like the wind....which you have clearly dismissed....that is how I was birthed in the Spirit.

I haven’t a clue how you believe you are to be birthed in the Spirit...by following orders, that makes absolute no sense to me..

Therefore we are most definitely on different wavelength....and with respect, your posts are confusing..as I’m sure mine are to you.

Best leave it there, as there is NO way that I followed orders to be birthed in the Spirit.

I was drawn by God, to Jesus, ..much more to it than that..which I’ve already explained..Bye,bye.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’ve said it all here.....you lean on your own understanding....which you said you don’t want to do...LOL.

If you honestly believe you are to follow orders..on how to become “ Born Again “....that’s your belief..it’s not biblical.

As God word says here...which you obviously aren’t understanding...

What is God saying below @Godslittleservant ?.....

John 3:8​

ESVThe wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
NIVThe wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.'
NASBThe wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going; so is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.'
CSBThe wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born anew. The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

These verses record Jesus' help of Nicodemus to believe and understand the invisible power of the new birth. To be sure, a baptismal ceremony can be seen; but the forgiveness, clean conscience, and receiving the Spirit cannot be seen. Like the powerful wind, though invisible, its power is nevertheless profound. As Barnes said:

Jesus tells him that he should not reject a doctrine merely because he could not understand it. Neither could the wind be seen, but its effects were well known, and no one doubted the existence or power of the agent.13

Nicodemus, schooled in all the Mosaic ritual, found the concept of a new birth difficult to accept; but he is not the only one who ever had trouble with these words of Jesus. Note this:

If the rite of baptism provided the moment and occasion of the spiritual result, we should know whence it came and whither it went. We might not know how, but we should know WHEN and WHENCE the spiritual change took place. But this knowledge is distinctly negatived by Christ who herein declares the moment of the spiritual birth to be lost or hidden to God.14

This interpretation (!) is typical of the gimmickry employed in vain efforts to talk the rite of baptism out of this passage and out of the whole New Testament. Note the play upon the words "whence" and "when," as if the similarity of these words interchanged their meaning. Can anyone believe that Jesus was here telling Nicodemus that he could not tell "when" the wind was blowing? But the words rhyme! So what? "P" stands for pool; and "P" rhymes with "T" and "T" stands for trouble, right here in River City! People do know WHEN the wind is blowing; and Christ also revealed the WHEN of the new birth; it is WHEN we are baptized into Christ. As Paul said, "Being THEN made free from sin" (Romans 6:17,18 KJV), that is, WHEN we have been baptized. Paul was discussing Christian baptism in that passage, and he did not hesitate to make the Christian's baptism the exact moment, the THEN of his being made free from sin and becoming a servant of righteousness.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born anew. The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

These verses record Jesus' help of Nicodemus to believe and understand the invisible power of the new birth. To be sure, a baptismal ceremony can be seen; but the forgiveness, clean conscience, and receiving the Spirit cannot be seen. Like the powerful wind, though invisible, its power is nevertheless profound. As Barnes said:

Jesus tells him that he should not reject a doctrine merely because he could not understand it. Neither could the wind be seen, but its effects were well known, and no one doubted the existence or power of the agent.13

Nicodemus, schooled in all the Mosaic ritual, found the concept of a new birth difficult to accept; but he is not the only one who ever had trouble with these words of Jesus. Note this:

If the rite of baptism provided the moment and occasion of the spiritual result, we should know whence it came and whither it went. We might not know how, but we should know WHEN and WHENCE the spiritual change took place. But this knowledge is distinctly negatived by Christ who herein declares the moment of the spiritual birth to be lost or hidden to God.14

This interpretation (!) is typical of the gimmickry employed in vain efforts to talk the rite of baptism out of this passage and out of the whole New Testament. Note the play upon the words "whence" and "when," as if the similarity of these words interchanged their meaning. Can anyone believe that Jesus was here telling Nicodemus that he could not tell "when" the wind was blowing? But the words rhyme! So what? "P" stands for pool; and "P" rhymes with "T" and "T" stands for trouble, right here in River City! People do know WHEN the wind is blowing; and Christ also revealed the WHEN of the new birth; it is WHEN we are baptized into Christ. As Paul said, "Being THEN made free from sin" (Romans 6:17,18 KJV), that is, WHEN we have been baptized. Paul was discussing Christian baptism in that passage, and he did not hesitate to make the Christian's baptism the exact moment, the THEN of his being made free from sin and becoming a servant of righteousness.
Again, you have dismissed the scripture I posted and referred to Nicodemus.

A Born Again cannot see how God births them in the Spirit, as it’s like the wind.

I posted that the wind blows etc,etc....that is how we are Born Of The Spirit..

You are understanding as “ you” imo only know how...the flesh and not the Spirit...

May God open your heart to receive those spiritual eyes and ears.

This scripture has nothing to do with Nicodemus as he wasn’t Born Again..that’s why he couldn’t understand the teaching of Jesus.

Nicodemus did not understand what the living spiritual birth was, he thought one went back into their mothers womb...as he hadn’t been birthed in the Spirit.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have already said...you don’t understand what it means to be Born from Above.

Being Born Again by the Holy Spirit is like the wind....which you have clearly dismissed....that is how I was birthed in the Spirit.

I haven’t a clue how you believe you are to be birthed in the Spirit...by following orders, that makes absolute no sense to me..

Therefore we are most definitely on different wavelength....and with respect, your posts are confusing..as I’m sure mine are to you.

Best leave it there, as there is NO way that I followed orders to be birthed in the Spirit.

I was drawn by God, to Jesus, ..much more to it than that..which I’ve already explained..Bye,bye.
I have answered your questions given scripture to support my answers and you ignore them saying I do not know what I am talking about
It is time you answered questions Do you believe what is recorded in Acts 2:38 if so what is said is it true or needs restated in different wording? Does Acts 19:1-5 Not make it clear how one gets the indwelling spirit or was Paul confused? Please tell me what Paul got wrong there in his message to the Ephesians?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again knows when they have been “ Birthed In The Spirit “....100%....but, it’s like the wind...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have answered your questions given scripture to support my answers and you ignore them saying I do not know what I am talking about
It is time you answered questions Do you believe what is recorded in Acts 2:38 if so what is said is it true or needs restated in different wording? Does Acts 19:1-5 Not make it clear how one gets the indwelling spirit or was Paul confused? Please tell me what Paul got wrong there in his message to the Ephesians?
You have answered nothing..and keep avoiding my questions.

I have given my testimony on how I became Born Again...I am Born Again....

I also didn’t say you don’t know what you are talking about...i said..I haven’t a clue what you are talking about....that is what I said..so please don’t twist my words.

I’m not interested in discussing Acts...as that is NOT how I was birthed in the Spirit...

I gave you umpteen times scripture to support my testimony.

You gave me nothing...how were “ YOU” Birthed in the Spirit??

How did you become Born Again..by reading Acts.?... @Godslittleservant

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you have dismissed the scripture I posted and referred to Nicodemus.

A Born Again cannot see how God births them in the Spirit, as it’s like the wind.

I posted that the wind blows etc,etc....that is how we are Born Of The Spirit..

You are understanding as “ you” imo only know how...the flesh and not the Spirit...

May God open your heart to receive those spiritual eyes and ears.

This scripture has nothing to do with Nicodemus as he wasn’t Born Again..that’s why he couldn’t understand the teaching of Jesus.

Nicodemus did not understand what the living spiritual birth was, he thought one went back into their mothers womb...as he hadn’t been birthed in the Spirit.

Sister it is you that seem to have blinders on you are stuck in John 3 when the gospel went forth you got left behind.Romans 6 tells how God birthing you in the spirit it is through the baptism in Jesus name it is like the wind you can see the time (hear the wind) but not the action of God transforming you( it is a spiritual action God does unseen to men's eyes) as Romans 6 details for you and is talking about Acts 2:38

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have answered nothing..and keep avoiding my questions.

I have given my testimony on how I became Born Again...I am Born Again....

I also didn’t say you don’t know what you are talking about...i said..I haven’t a clue what you are talking about....that is what I said..so please don’t twist my words.

I’m not interested in discussing Acts...as that is NOT how I was birthed in the Spirit...

I gave you umpteen times scripture to support my testimony.

You gave me nothing...how were “ YOU” Birthed in the Spirit??

How did you become Born Again..by reading Acts.?... @Godslittleservant
Yes I am aware you are not seek anything other that your preconceived ideals and this not the thread for this discussion so my dear sister I bid you ado

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for hijacking this thread I will bow out and turn it back over to the OP again sorry for the hijack

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sister it is you that seem to have blinders on you are stuck in John 3 when the gospel went forth you got left behind.Romans 6 tells how God birthing you in the spirit it is through the baptism in Jesus name it is like the wind you can see the time (hear the wind) but not the action of God transforming you( it is a spiritual action God does unseen to men's eyes) as Romans 6 details for you and is talking about Acts 2:38
I have become Born Again by the Holy Spirit and I gave my testimony and scripture to support my testimony.

All you keep doing ..is trying to understand what it means to be “ Born Again “.....

I am stuck nowhere...what on Earth are you talking about....I have been birthed in the Spirit.

It’s you who is stuck..trying to work everything out by your own understanding.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I am aware you are not seek anything other that your preconceived ideals and this not the thread for this discussion so my dear sister I bid you ado
I am Born Again...you are the one who is desperately seeking what it truly means...I already know what it means...thanks.

You have already said, you don’t want to work it out in your own understanding.

Therefore how can one work it out, if one isn’t Born Again?...give it to the Holy Spirit...hopefully all will be revealed by himto you one day.

We must be Born Again through the Holy Spirit....which is a Living spiritual birth.....Spirit gives birth to spirit.....no one will know what that means...unless they have been birthed in the Spirit.

Only God by his grace and mercy...can birth you in the Spirit...that’s if it’s his will.

Last edited:

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Born Again...you are the one who is desperately seeking what it truly means...I already know what it means...thanks.
Yes sister I hear you we are both stuck in our beliefs and no way to further the discussion we have come to blocked minds that can't communicate so our discussion has come to its end we have no where else to go thank you for your input though it was quite enlightening.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the holy spirit convicts us of sin. Those who have holy spirit will repent.
Documentation, John 16:13.
Jude 1:16 . Those who reject Jesus, ungodly, will face Jesus on judgement day. The reprobates follow satan into lake of fire.

ADOKIIMOS in Greek means = reprobate, unfit, cast away. Reprobates have no discipline. Thier line of thinking is self gratification. Pride also is factor.

Hebrews 6:8 . God will reject the reprobates on judgement day.
Reprobates = oppose the Truth.
Habitual sinners.
They resist the holy spirit
Believe thier own lies.
The reprobates isolate themselves from God.
The truth hurts thier ears.

The holy spirit is key to repentance.

The pattern for reprobates is the similar mentality of Satan. They are children of darkness. Ungodly and wicked.

Christian people will repent on daily basis. They try not to sin. They love and serve God.

Servants of God bear good fruit. Its sharing Gods truth with others. Telling the truth. They yield good fruit.

Reprobates serve satan. They bear false witness. They distort God's word. Try to contaminate God's word. They have a unclean spirit. Reprobates allowed satan and evil spirits to control their minds. Demonic influence.

We see the distinction between Christian people and reprobates.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who or what is this “beast”? And what is its “image” and “the mark on the forehead” and “hand” that identifies one as its worshipper?

First we have to identify our enemy….only then will we know how to avoid that “mark”.

So who will drink the wine of God’s “wrath” and “indignation”?
And what is this “torment with fire and brimstone” that is witnessed by the “angels” “in the presence of the Lamb”?
What is “the smoke of their torment“ that “ascends forever and ever”?

Who are the “saints”? And why do they especially need patience in keeping the commandments of God and faith in Jesus”?

Reading scripture where you skip over the truly important information, means having only the bare bones of the story…..can you flesh it out? Do you understand what this passage is really saying?
Hello Jane,
Quite a loaded question. For expediency, I will shoot from the hip without exact verses.

Who or what is this “beast”? The beast is the aggregation of Daniel's 4 beast. The 7 heads indicates the dragon is the same hegemonic inspiration (spirit)

And what is its “image”
the image is a comparison to God's image. God's image is given as a spiritual imprint so we may know God and God may identify us. It is the spiritual equivalent of Adam's ribs. Adam imprints to Eve as flesh of my flesh. We imprint to God, and God sees spirit of my Spirit.

and “the mark on the forehead” and “hand” that identifies one as its worshipper?
The mark of the forehead are the similar marks for Tammuz weepers of Ezekiel and the hand is akin to satan's clingy hands of Zechariah. Tammuz generically is a resurrecting god of the area. Sound familiar? Here is the foundational creed, the man Jesus, son of God, died and 3 days later was raised by the Father(this is found in Matthew or a Pauline epistle. As he was resurrected, so shall we, by the Grace of God, if you have the faith. Jesus was not a resurrecting god.
satan's clingy hands is as per High Priest Jonathan after returning from babylon. His vernacular and understanding was filthy by his exile and tainted his pure worship of God. Those are the marks that estrange you from God and may cause you to blaspheme the Holy Spirit

So who will drink the wine of God’s “wrath” and “indignation”?
Self identified christians who contribute to mocking God or the abomination of desolation.

And what is this “torment with fire and brimstone” that is witnessed by the “angels” “in the presence of the Lamb”?
What is “the smoke of their torment“ that “ascends forever and ever”?
3 beasts and adherents are burnt (destroyed). Beasts of the heaven, the sea and the earth. Hegemons powered from the persons rightfully belonging to God. The ideas of blaspheming adherents and the souls are destroyed and forgotten for ever.

Who are the “saints”?
Martyrs. The penultimate expression of love to our God is to keep the faith till the end.

And why do they especially need patience in keeping the commandments of God and faith in Jesus”?
Silly question. All Christians must keep the minimum standard to be a follower of Christ. Martyrs adhere to this principle till the end and was fortunate enough to render glory to God with their lives.

Reading scripture where you skip over the truly important information, means having only the bare bones of the story…..can you flesh it out?
Do you understand what this passage is really saying?
Self examination is always less critical than external criticism. Please criticize away.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Acts 2:38-39 ESV / 14 helpful votes​

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP:
Galatians 5:16,24-26
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would...............................
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

What wars with the SPIRIT OF GOD is what's in our spirit....
1 John 2:16
King James Version
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

This is our means to crucifying the flesh and overcoming the world's lust conceived in us; our faith, and obedience in ALL his word.
1 John 5:
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

John 14:21- KJV
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

James 4:8-10
8 Draw nigh to God,and he will draw nigh to you.Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

We walk not in OUR strength, for it is not about us, rather it is about him; in, through and for us.
2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV ( Paul receiving HIS answer from the Lord.)

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

We are weak, infirm and fallible, therefore to overcome we must do so remaining in Christ and being led by the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 4:15
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”
Romans 8:26
“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

So it is ..............:'NOT by might nor by power but by my Spirit' says the Lord. of hosts, Zechariah 4:6 NKJV