Our Young Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(n2thelight;52484)
Now you say that the flood that destroyed the earth the first time was Noah's,let me show you why you are wrongJeremiah 4:23; "I beheld the earth, and, lo it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."Putting these two verses together you should see that the earth became void and without form it was not created that way,so the question should be why and how did it become that way.And when you put the two with Isiah,its really quite simpleIn Isaiah 45:18; "For thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else."
I didn't see this reply, so I do want to reply to this...Jeremiah 4:23 & Genesis 1:2Putting those two verses together you arrive at something completely inappropriete.Jeremiah 4:23... Jeremiah is being given a vision. It has nothing to do with creation week or some first earth age...Note that in verse 25, there was no man was on the earth and *birds* fled."I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."Jeremiah is being given a vision. Verse 27: "For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."If you think it has anything to do with a pre-creation week earth age, you are incorrect. Were birds fleeing in this Earth age as well?

Alistein

May 4, 2008
Consider this Matthew 19:4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,Mark 10:6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.This are statements made by the lord Himself, He says male and female were made at the beginning referring to Genesis now if there was a world before Adam and Eve the statements would be untrue.In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The word "and" in these verse connotes the same idea or thought so if "without form" means chaos or is negative as in suggesting some catastrophe then it follows that the words "void" and "darkness" in the same verse are suggesting the same idea as in catastrophe. this however cannot be, because darkness here is talking about space. Also chaos does not mean ruin,destruction e.t.c see the following link for the original meaning of the word as it gives credence here [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos[/url]Also in Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.Notice it did not say Let the dry land rise out of the water but it simply said it appeared this would mean that land did not exist and would cancel out any flood before Noah'sthere are tons of inconsistencies with the old earth idea presented on this forum.Hebrews 1:10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:I believe this verse supports Gen1:1 as a foundation.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alistein;52508)
Consider this Matthew 19:4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,Mark 10:6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.This are statements made by the lord Himself, He says male and female were made at the beginning referring to Genesis now if there was a world before Adam and Eve the statements would be untrue.In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The word "and" in these verse connotes the same idea or thought so if "without form" means chaos or is negative as in suggesting some catastrophe then it follows that the words "void" and "darkness" in the same verse are suggesting the same idea as in catastrophe. this however cannot be, because darkness here is talking about space. Also chaos does not mean ruin,destruction e.t.c see the following link for the original meaning of the word as it gives credence here [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos[/url]Also in Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.Notice it did not say Let the dry land rise out of the water but it simply said it appeared this would mean that land did not exist and would cancel out any flood before Noah'sthere are tons of inconsistencies with the old earth idea presented on this forum.Hebrews 1:10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:I believe this verse supports Gen1:1 as a foundation.
Matthew 19:4 and Mark 10:6 are both referring to this age. (Second Earth Age) And yes at the begginning of this Earth Age, there was 2 human flesh. One is male and the other is female (Genesis 1:27)About Hebrews 1:10, have you ever heard ...John 17:24 - Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.Ephesians 1:4 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:I Peter 1:20 - Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,Now how about this scripture(s) for you...Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.Mark 12:25 - For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.Luke 20:35 - But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
JagNice post but remember some will never be able to see Gods plan as he gives this wisdom as he see's fit those that chose to deny his scriptures because of mens teaching will not understand they keep God limited to what their minds can handle. They know God says he will make a New age (heaven and earth) but can not understand he has done this before they will ignore all your scripture.Do not let it frustrate you This is not a matter of one's salvation but rather in understanding deeper truths of his Word and his plan.Its not for everyone to see and understand.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Looking forward to seeing who was right in heaven!
smile.gif
And, to God be the glory
smile.gif

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Alistein;52508)
Also in Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.Notice it did not say Let the dry land rise out of the water but it simply said it appeared this would mean that land did not exist and would cancel out any flood before Noah'sthere are tons of inconsistencies with the old earth idea presented on this forum.
That is not true at all. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.If land did not exist do you not think a more appropriate word than "appear" would be "create"?God uses the word appear because it implies that the dry land is hidden from sight. Or in other words covered by water. Making something appear does not mean it does not exist it just seems that way because we cannot see it. Here are all the uses of "appear" in the Bible.http://cf.blueletterbible.org/search/trans...pear&t=KJV&sf=5God does not get appear and create mixed up like some.Furthermore why would he have to say "Let the dry land rise out of the water " would it not be make more sense to "gathered together unto one place" and make oceans? Even the phrase "Let the dry land rise out of the water" still implies that dry land exists.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;52509)
Matthew 19:4 and Mark 10:6 are both referring to this age. (Second Earth Age) And yes at the begginning of this Earth Age, there was 2 human flesh. One is male and the other is female (Genesis 1:27)
Jesus said the beginning not the first age or second, i think the Lord knows better when He says the beginning He meant the only one that there is which is recorded in genesis consider this Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Notice He said the beginning not a beginning and certainly not first,second or third beginning. From this it sounds like there can be only one beginning and one end. Remember this is God's words spoken from His own mouth not mine to say he meant something else not supported by scripture is folly. I don't know where you get first second ages in the bible.A
bout Hebrews 1:10, have you ever heard ...John 17:24 - Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
This makes sense because Christ is eternal and existed ever before creation. I don't see your point.
Ephesians 1:4 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
If you read the bible you would know that God has foreknowledge so also read the next verse and you will see He is talking about pre-destination which is why you still have to freely accept Christ if this hasn't all been done for you you wouldn't need to do a thing. Consider this verses Acts 2:23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:1 Peter 1:2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multipliedI Peter 1:20 - Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,In both verses the foreknowledge of God is mentioned one makes it clear you are elected or chosen according to God's foreknowledge not because you existed as a soul in another age or era.
Now how about this scripture(s) for you...Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.Mark 12:25 - For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.Luke 20:35 - But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
I think those scriptures are fine they do not prove or say anything about a world before this or that the earth is old please emphasize what you are concluding from them as I have no idea what it is.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Alistein;52572)
Jesus said the beginning not the first age or second, i think the Lord knows better when He says the beginning He meant the only one that there is which is recorded in genesis consider this Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Notice He said the beginning not a beginning and certainly not first,second or third beginning. From this it sounds like there can be only one beginning and one end. Remember this is God's words spoken from His own mouth not mine to say he meant something else not supported by scripture is folly. I don't know where you get first second ages in the bible.
If he is not referring to a second earth age then why do we find in Genesis 1:2 a earth that is void? When God says in Isaiah 45:18 that he did not create the world in vain. It must have become that way because it was not made in vain.If he said something like "in the beginning of all things" then I would believe you...but there are many beginnings in the Bible. For example the word "genesis" means "book of beginnings" with an "S"

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52601)
If he is not referring to a second earth age then why do we find in Genesis 1:2 a earth that is void? When God says in Isaiah 45:18 that he did not create the world in vain. It must have become that way because it was not made in vain.If he said something like "in the beginning of all things" then I would believe you...but there are many beginnings in the Bible. For example the word "genesis" means "book of beginnings" with an "S"
This is really not a problem for young-earth creationists. I am one, and all it needs is brought into context. It is all about context.
Genesis 1:2: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
We know that both Genesis 1:2 and Isaiah 45:18 use the term "without form and void", or, "in vain", from the exact same Hebrew wording. So, how would this be a problem for young-earth creationists in light of Isaiah? I will show you it is simply not a problem at all.
Isaiah 45:18: ..."he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it TO BE INHABITED."​
Isaiah is not naming any one singular part of God's creation (as Genesis is). Isaiah is capturing the creation event as a whole, with God's intent (this being the context of Isaiah 45:18). If we take this out of context and say, "Well, see... it says He DIDN'T create the earth in vain... Genesis says the earth was without form and void, and Isaiah says God did NOT create it without form and void..." ...then we make a mistake in thinking God would contridict Himself (He does not). Isaiah is not naming a singular instance of God's creation (context of Genesis 1:2) in finality. No, Isaiah 45:18 is pointing out that the world was created with God's intent (context of Isaiah) to be inhabited. The world being made in vain is not the end of the story (as it was only the beginning of the story in Genesis). God did not create the earth in vain (with finality). No, God created it to be inhabited, and He created it with a purpose.No problem for young-earth creationists, who put God's Word in its proper context. A problem for those who do not.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I can no longer help anyone at all anymore......but I will say this, there is only contradiction in our translation of the bible. (English) Are we not humans?

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(treeoflife;52622)
This is really not a problem for young-earth creationists. I am one, and all it needs is brought into context. It is all about context.
Genesis 1:2: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
We know that both Genesis 1:2 and Isaiah 45:18 use the term "without form and void", or, "in vain", from the exact same Hebrew wording. So, how would this be a problem for young-earth creationists in light of Isaiah? I will show you it is simply not a problem at all.
Isaiah 45:18: ..."he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it TO BE INHABITED."​
Isaiah is not naming any one singular part of God's creation (as Genesis is). Isaiah is capturing the creation event as a whole, with God's intent (this being the context of Isaiah 45:18). If we take this out of context and say, "Well, see... it says He DIDN'T create the earth in vain... Genesis says the earth was without form and void, and Isaiah says God did NOT create it without form and void..." ...then we make a mistake in thinking God would contridict Himself (He does not). Isaiah is not naming a singular instance of God's creation (context of Genesis 1:2) in finality. No, Isaiah 45:18 is pointing out that the world was created with God's intent (context of Isaiah) to be inhabited. The world being made in vain is not the end of the story (as it was only the beginning of the story in Genesis). God did not create the earth in vain (with finality). No, God created it to be inhabited, and He created it with a purpose.No problem for young-earth creationists, who put God's Word in its proper context. A problem for those who do not.
Well said.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52601)
When the Lord says beginning it must mean beginning if there were many beginnings I am sure he would have said so but He said the beginning the word "the" closes any room for any other just like when Jesus said I am the way if He said I am a way it would imply a difference in meaning but when the word "the" is included it means only one.Consider this again Mark 10:6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. Here the word creation is used. It is evident that male and female were created on day 6 not before and certainly not in an age earlier your sight I believe even works with that.Also Genesis 1:2 says And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters or as you suggest that it became formless void and dark you would notice one thing though the bible says the earth was and even if you use became you would still have to add an agent responsible for this of which none is given in Genesis. it would then seem the earth itself became so also the verse says it was void meaning empty there fore the devil could not have been in it neither could anything have been in it but your millions of years goes against this because it clearly says there was death in the world before in the 6 day creation , evidence from fossil records of dinosaurs e.t.c to which you agreed . so here God is saying the earth was void(empty) but somehow He missed the millions to billions of dead dinosaurs bones buried underneath the earth. Although this doesn't say much but in genesis 3 isn't it possible God could have judged the devil for more or atleast listed his charges instead He lists one 13And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. 14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: Clearly the serpent was charged with deceiving the woman and in the process plunging the world to sin not for a first age destruction.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Using terms he like must have meant Is not how to study scripture I do not understand how people interpt scripture by saying well its what he didnt say that must make something true or not. This can only be a train of thought if it doesnt contradict scripture.And in this case it does directly condradict it. He couldnt make it much clearer if one stops listening to Sunday school traditions.5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; This is not Noahs flood it was never hidden from anyone this is the first earth age. God has told you a mystery here if you do not want to believe it fine. But its your choice Do not say it is not written 6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. 7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.] WBVThis is this earth age it starts in Gen.1:3 and the creation week and this age ends in fire as we are told and then there will be a new heaven and new earth and thats the third earth age.

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
This is not meant to be a decisive issue. The main thing is that we all love Jesus. All evidence does point toward a young earth. God gave us the brain capacity for science and to study the world, which is why I hold strong to my post.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(eternalarcadia;52642)
This is not meant to be a decisive issue. The main thing is that we all love Jesus. There is evidence for both sides concerning the age of the earth, and earth "ages". God gave us the brain capacity for science and to study the world, which is why I hold strong to my post.
Yea true, remember that wisdom cometh from God, yet Satan knows all wisdom that cometh from God, but misuses those wisdoms for his own wicked use.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Alistein;52633)
Consider this again Mark 10:6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. Here the word creation is used. It is evident that male and female were created on day 6 not before and certainly not in an age earlier your sight I believe even works with that.
Are animals not male and female? Mark 10:6 is so true but it could be referring to animals and not man.(Alistein;52633)
Also Genesis 1:2 says And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters or as you suggest that it became formless void and dark you would notice one thing though the bible says the earth was and even if you use became you would still have to add an agent responsible for this of which none is given in Genesis. it would then seem the earth itself became so also the verse says it was void meaning empty there fore the devil could not have been in it neither could anything have been in it but your millions of years goes against this because it clearly says there was death in the world before in the 6 day creation , evidence from fossil records of dinosaurs e.t.c to which you agreed . so here God is saying the earth was void(empty) but somehow He missed the millions to billions of dead dinosaurs bones buried underneath the earth.
Void simply refers to the absence of physical life. Because everything died.Now let's consider this...This is after Noah's flood Genesis 9:1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.This is after God created Adam and EveGenesis 1:28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.care to explain or would you like me to?

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52647)
Are animals not male and female? Mark 10:6 is so true but it could be referring to animals and not man.
Oh please it's obvious He was talking about Adam and Eve just read the context. It wouldn't make sense for Him to be replying them based on a different subject he was replying on the subject of marriage look at the entire passage.2And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.(clearly a man and his wife are not animals but humans) 3And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.(them refers back to the subject that is man and woman 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 10And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. 11And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery. I think the passage makes it crystal clear the Lord was talking about the first man and woman
Void simply refers to the absence of physical life. Because everything died.
Void means empty check your concordance it doesn't mean absence of physical life
Now let's consider this...This is after Noah's flood Genesis 9:1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.This is after God created Adam and EveGenesis 1:28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.care to explain or would you like me to?
Learn a little bit about the King James English before attempting to use it the word replenish here is fill as was correctly put in the NKJV. king James uses replenish as filled you can even see from the concordance that the right word is fill Consider all the new translations that non uses the word replenish but all use fill even the Torah.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Alistein;52659)
Learn a little bit about the King James English before attempting to use it the word replenish here is fill as was correctly put in the NKJV. king James uses replenish as filled you can even see from the concordance that the right word is fill Consider all the new translations that non uses the word replenish but all use fill even the Torah.
Sorry but "mä·lā'" (replenish) is used in both cases. If it is translated in the NKJV the way you say then they are wrong.Note that the term "replenish" used here is precisely in the context of Noah and his family repopulating an Earth which was destroyed by the flood. Noah's family REPLACED all previous families living on the Earth prior to the flood. Adam and Eve repopulated the Earth replacing the race of hominid beings (Neanderthal or whatever you wish to call them) that populated "the world that then was" (see 2 Pet 3:5-7)Funny I am reading this website and this is what they said would happen...
What we have here is a not so subtle attack on the Authority of the King James Bible. In order to defend Young Earth doctrine one MUST get rid of the KJV Bible's authority and replace it with another. You will see this is a reoccurring syndrome in those who claim they believe the KJV, but really don't when pressed.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52661)
Sorry but "mä·lā'" (replenish) is used in both cases. If it is translated in the NKJV the way you say then they are wrong.Note that the term "replenish" used here is precisely in the context of Noah and his family repopulating an Earth which was destroyed by the flood. Noah's family REPLACED all previous families living on the Earth prior to the flood. Adam and Eve repopulated the Earth replacing the race of hominid beings (Neanderthal or whatever you wish to call them) that populated "the world that then was" (see 2 Pet 3:5-7)Funny I am reading this website and this is what they said would happen...
I have told you already the word replenish is an old english word from the king James era it means fill not refill but what about the word used here in Hebrew according to the concordance the word male or mala means fill not refill. Noah's family did not replace anyone they repopulated th earth in anycase check out this link for better explanation of the word replenishhttp://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v...2/replenish.asp.I have no intention of venturing out of the confines of scripture there is no such mention of homonids in the bible. if I am to err I would prefer to err from scripture and not from evolution.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Alistein;52671)
I have told you already the word replenish is an old english word from the king James era it means fill not refill but what about the word used here in Hebrew according to the concordance the word male or mala means fill not refill. Noah's family did not replace anyone they repopulated th earth in anycase check out this link for better explanation of the word replenishhttp://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v...2/replenish.asp.I have no intention of venturing out of the confines of scripture there is no such mention of homonids in the bible. if I am to err I would prefer to err from scripture and not from evolution.
Look friend this has nothing to do with evolution at all. Thomas Chalmers was one of the first to teach this theory (1814). A full 45 years before Darwin even wrote his "Origin of Species" (1859). So the intent was not to compromise anything for evolution. The 2 subjects are completely different and unrelated. Furthermore, is the Bible wrong or the concordance? After all the concordance is not the word of God (although a great work in its own right). I'm sure it is prone to error. I'll take the literal wording in the Bible over the concordance any day. I have a question though. Was there oil before Noah's flood?