Our Young Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
I would appreciate you showing me where the bible tells us the exact age of the earth. And I don't want supposition that was formed by man's never ending err of translation to scripture....apples and oranges, indeed

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Unrelated post...I used to believe the world was flat (as a nonChristian) then I believed the world was not flat, because we're in 3-D (and that was still I was a non-Christian before I came to God)Of course it is rdiculous and of men to say the world is flat. And I would appreciate it too where it says there was a young Earth as well in the scripture...

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(treeoflife;52290)
Genesis 1:6-7 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven."​
We know there are three heavens referred to in God's Word. Atmosphere (where birds fly), Space (where stars are and where our planet orbits), and Heaven (where God is). God is clearly talking about the atmosphere, as he just created the earth, and at the time of creation the atmosphere seperated the waters on earth from the waters above the atmosphere. And, the firmament he called heaven, seperated the waters from the waters.I'm not dogmatic about it, but I do believe strongly that there was a "canopy" of some kind at one time, and it incased the globe in water... until God released it in the flood. There may not be a perfect scientific model for this, and scripture doesn't expand much on it beyond the creation account, but it does tell us enough in the verse above. Such a canopy could account for all kinds of life changes since the flood, and for life on earth before the flood.http://www.thetruthishere.com/canopy.htmlSuch a canopy would greatly increase oxygen pressure, creating a global hyberberic chamber like environment. These "perfect" conditions could easily account for longer life and larger life, pre-flood. Furthermore, it would throw off all kinds of dating systems used to date things today. It has all kinds of implications that are not considered by scientists who do not study God's Word, and the pre-flood creation (or even the flood itself).The water canopy has no argument with the Gap Theory... so you can still believe in a Gap Theory and accept the canopy for what it is with no problem. That being said, I do not believe in the Gap Theory. God's Word does tell us that the Earth is young--less than a week older than humans (when Adam and Eve were created). We can just disagree on that, because I don't believe in a Gap Theory.
Personally I think the water canopy is ridiculously. Just like Dr. Dino who is an advocate of that.- Possible longer life spans.- Possible larger specimens of some plants and animals.After a certain level of water light can no longer penetrate. A canopy would not result in longer life spans or bigger animals/plants. Furthermore, a water canopy contradicts the laws of physics. Here is an explanation for that....[url="http://www.kjvbible.org/windows_of_heaven.html]http://www.kjvbible.org/windows_of_heaven.html[/url]this site also details the "windows of heaven" shows that it has nothing to do with a water canopy.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Jackie D;52348)
I would appreciate you showing me where the bible tells us the exact age of the earth. And I don't want supposition that was formed by man's never ending err of translation to scripture....apples and oranges, indeed
Read Genesis without the presupposition of some Gap Theory making the world an unknown number of years old, and take what God says as literal truth. You will come to a young Earth. On that following the geneologies given from Adam to Jesus, are is much less than even 10,000 years.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52368)
Personally I think the water canopy is ridiculously. Just like Dr. Dino who is an advocate of that.- Possible longer life spans.- Possible larger specimens of some plants and animals.After a certain level of water light can no longer penetrate. A canopy would not result in longer life spans or bigger animals/plants. Furthermore, a water canopy contradicts the laws of physics. Here is an explanation for that....http://www.kjvbible.org/windows_of_heaven.htmlthis site also details the "windows of heaven" shows that it has nothing to do with a water canopy.
You may find it silly, but it explains a lot and it is right there in God's Word. The atmosphere seperated the waters above it and below it. It never rained before Noah's flood, as it was the very first rainbow that followed, never having seen one before. Of course we see them today, and it doesn't even have to be raining. Just the right amount of moisture in the air will do it, and the right angle of sunlight. Also, if you notice, the average lifespan (following the genelogies given to us in the Bible) are cut greatly following the flood. Why was the first rainbow seen only after the flood of Noah's day? Why has the average lifespan of man changed greatly since the flood of Noah's day? Something in the environment changed DRASTICALLY in Noah's flood. What changed was the water canopy was released, and the earth flooded.It is what it is. Did a wall of fire contridict the laws of physics? Did a rod turning into a serpant contridict the laws of physics? Did a talking mule contridict the laws of physics?God says it, He did it. It was as He said, period.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi allWe have more than one reason to believe that the earth is younger, rather than older....Let God be true and every man a liar.The bible says 6 days, and describes those days as having "evening and morning" in between.Are not we being taught by the scripture that they were literal days?But the bible goes further, telling us to do our work in 6 days and resting on the 7th, like God did.God then introduces a geneology-from Adam, which is where we get the age of the creation--with no Gaps.To say there is gaps would undermine the truth of scripture about who begat who.Also this scripture sheds a bit of light
So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations
Scripture also makes it clear that land beasts were created on the same day Man was...so man walked with the dinosaurs and named them ..right

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jeffweeder;52374)
Hi allWe have more than one reason to believe that the earth is younger, rather than older....Let God be true and every man a liar.The bible says 6 days, and describes those days as having "evening and morning" in between.Are not we being taught by the scripture that they were literal days?But the bible goes further, telling us to do our work in 6 days and resting on the 7th, like God did.God then introduces a geneology-from Adam, which is where we get the age of the creation--with no Gaps.To say there is gaps would undermine the truth of scripture about who begat who.Also this scripture sheds a bit of light
So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations
Scripture also makes it clear that land beasts were created on the same day Man was...so man walked with the dinosaurs and named them ..rightYou're missing one thing Jeff. We're talking about Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. What some people talking (including I) is nowhere near Genesis 1:3-31. We are not talking about the creation week...People who say there is no First Earth Age doesn't know what they are talking about.Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 = Isaiah 45:18, Jeremiah 4:22-27, II Peter 3:5-7.Here is another scripture for you Jeff.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(treeoflife;52372)
Read Genesis without the presupposition of some Gap Theory making the world an unknown number of years old, and take what God says as literal truth. You will come to a young Earth. On that following the geneologies given from Adam to Jesus, are is much less than even 10,000 years.
one thing you may figure out about me tol, is that I do not listen to or get involved with a bunch of theorists or their theories. What I have said today has nothing to do with any one planting in me some theory. It simply has to do with what I have read and what I have seen regarding science and some of its findings and a little common sense.The geneologies prove human life on earth. It does not however, prove the exact age of this earth. I don't know that the earth is some million yrs old yet I am not reluctant to believe that there is great possibility that it is older than 6 or 7 thousand yrs..blessings

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Let me ask a questionFor those of you who believe in a young earth.When were we created?Do you think we only go back 6000 years?

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(treeoflife;52373)
You may find it silly, but it explains a lot and it is right there in God's Word. The atmosphere seperated the waters above it and below it. It never rained before Noah's flood, as it was the very first rainbow that followed, never having seen one before. Of course we see them today, and it doesn't even have to be raining. Just the right amount of moisture in the air will do it, and the right angle of sunlight. Also, if you notice, the average lifespan (following the genelogies given to us in the Bible) are cut greatly following the flood. Why was the first rainbow seen only after the flood of Noah's day? Why has the average lifespan of man changed greatly since the flood of Noah's day? Something in the environment changed DRASTICALLY in Noah's flood. What changed was the water canopy was released, and the earth flooded.It is what it is. Did a wall of fire contridict the laws of physics? Did a rod turning into a serpant contridict the laws of physics? Did a talking mule contridict the laws of physics?God says it, He did it. It was as He said, period.
I completely agree that the earth was drastically changed and that is why we are much younger when we die now. The thing is before the "windows of heaven" were released the earth was already flooding. 40 days of rain was not the first thing to occur in Noah's day. Also I believe that after Adam sinned God caused it to rain. So rain already existed before Noah's flood. Furthermore, God said that the earth will be the cause of the destruction of man. The water canopy is not part of the earth it would have been above it. The site I gave makes a lot more sense (Biblical and scientific) than the water canopy. Which is neither Biblical or scientific.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Jackie D;52382)
one thing you may figure out about me tol, is that I do not listen to or get involved with a bunch of theorists or their theories. What I have said today has nothing to do with any one planting in me some theory. It simply has to do with what I have read and what I have seen regarding science and some of its findings and a little common sense.The geneologies prove human life on earth. It does not however, prove the exact age of this earth. I don't know that the earth is some million yrs old yet I am not reluctant to believe that there is great possibility that it is older than 6 or 7 thousand yrs..blessings
Hey, Jesus is Lord. Amen?
smile.gif
Just so we can agree on something here
smile.gif
.Genesis 1:1-5
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​
God eventually gets around to creating man and woman on the sixth day (morning and evening) -- Genesis 1:26-31.By God's Word, the Earth was created on the first day, and man was created on the sixth day. That makes the earth five days older than man, using the timeline God tells us He did it in.This is, of course, unless someone believes in a Gap theory... thereby adding any number of years and days that one would so choose to add to the age of the Earth. Some people will say there is a "gap" between verese 1 and verse 2 of Genesis. Though, some I very much respect, I very much disagree with that teaching. It is as it is... no mystery gap. The other option of course is not believing God's Word at all, and believing in the Theory of Evolution instead.So... following the geneologies, and given the creation account by God in Genesis... the Earth is just five days older than man.Some people also believe that a day was equal to 1,000 years. Even if this is true... that only makes the earth 5,000 years older than what most young-earth creationists would conclude, and I would even say could still be considered a young-earth creation (God's creation). It isn't until people start adapting a Gap Theory to God's Word that the Earth gains an unmeasurable and unknowable age. Much like the Theory of Evolution... if that is any surprise.We must understand what God's Word says, and believe it, regardless of what the world is teaching. Something to consider and understand is that when God created the Earth, like man, everything on the earth was created in an adult state (fully formed), with the appearence of age... This too (among countless other things) would account for the mistaken age of the Earth arrived at by those who study the age of the Earth but do not study God's Word. God created the Earth with an appearence much older than it really is. How much older? God knows.Scientists dating systems cannot be trusted. God's Word can.I know you believe this.Use the geneologies given to us in the Bible, and add five days (if you want to be exact). You will then know the true age of the Earth.Praise the Lord for His Word
smile.gif

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;52414)
I completely agree that the earth was drastically changed and that is why we are much younger when we die now. The thing is before the "windows of heaven" were released the earth was already flooding. 40 days of rain was not the first thing to occur in Noah's day. Also I believe that after Adam sinned God caused it to rain. So rain already existed before Noah's flood. Furthermore, God said that the earth will be the cause of the destruction of man. The water canopy is not part of the earth it would have been above it. The site I gave makes a lot more sense (Biblical and scientific) than the water canopy. Which is neither Biblical or scientific.
Can you please show me from scripture where God caused it to rain in Adam and Eve's lifetime? I'll tell you ahead of time, I am very familiar w/ it, and there is no basis for this belief.Rainbow is composed of two words: RAIN & BOW. Tell me... why didn't rainbows appear until Noah's flood? What changed in the ENVIRONMENT and in the ATMOSPHERE that would allow such a change as this, and would allow a rainbow to appear? What changed in the environment such that we don't even have to technically experience rain anymore to see a rainbow... we just need the right amount of moisture in the air and the right amount of sunlight. Yet, we know the first rainbow was after Noah's flood. Why is this? How could this be? Simply flooding the Earth would not do it... something around them, in the air, and in the atmosphere changed. What changed was the collapsing of the water canopy that God tells us He created in His original creation to protect them in the perfect environment to sustain life. A global greenhouse. Void of sunburn, void of storms, and void of lightening.Before the flood, the Earth was a perfect greenhouse... absent of thunderstorms, lightening, clouds, rain from clouds, or RAINbows. The first RAINbow was after Noah's flood, after the collapsing of the water canopy God created for the perfect environment around His creation.We can disagree, because the canopy is certainly Biblical. Whether it is scientific or not is of no matter to me. It very much so *can be* scientific if we choose to believe God's Word and develope our science around it. It is what God said it is.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(treeoflife;52418)
smile.gif
smile.gif
Indeed
smile.gif
(treeoflife)
How much older? God knows.Sciences dating systems cannot be trusted.
Nothing and that is absolutely nothing that comes from man can be trusted. Including conversations such as this one where we have two sides giving very different views, each side believing they are right. IMO You want the truth? IMO it doesn't matter! God has not set a standard in salvation that we must calculate the exact age of the earth or we lose our lives. In fact, if we can give the credit to anything or anyone, let's give it to the enemy who revels in seeing us spend ridiculous amounts of time arguing/debating the mundane and inconsequential matters. These topics truly bore me for the most part....I'm still questioning why I even posted to begin with??? (haha)..(treeoflife)
God's Word can.I know you believe this.
Oh yes I believe it. I believe it is the ONLY word that can be trusted. The problem I see is man and his interpretation.(treeoflife)
Use the geneologies given to us in the Bible, and add five days (if you want to be exact). You will then know the true age of the Earth.Praise the Lord for His Word.
again and not that it matters. But I don't buy that, I just can't. But I will concede that geneology gives us a good estimate of time that man has walked the earth. be blessed TOL

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Jackie D;52423)
Indeed
smile.gif
Nothing and that is absolutely nothing that comes from man can be trusted. Including conversations such as this one where we have two sides giving very different views, each side believing they are right. IMO You want the truth? IMO it doesn't matter! God has not set a standard in salvation that we must calculate the exact age of the earth or we lose our lives. In fact, if we can give the credit to anything or anyone, let's give it to the enemy who revels in seeing us spend ridiculous amounts of time arguing/debating the mundane and inconsequential matters. These topics truly bore me for the most part....I'm still questioning why I even posted to begin with??? (haha)..Oh yes I believe it. I believe it is the ONLY word that can be trusted. The problem I see is man and his interpretation.again and not that it matters. But I don't buy that, I just can't. But I will concede that geneology gives us a good estimate of time that man has walked the earth. be blessed TOL
Thank you for the blessing... bless you as well
smile.gif
.I agree to a point that it doesn't matter. It seems to matter less for us, because we already believe in Christ. Our salvation is not at stake. But, we must remember this.
2 Timothy 3:16-17: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
We must realize that though this teaching is not specifically on Jesus... it does eventually lead others to Jesus. It tells us where we came from... and consequently, where we are going.Jesus said in John 5:46-47: If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"I do believe firmly in what I'm saying... but I pray for God's mercy if I am wrong. Though, I do not believe I am
smile.gif
. I have considered it long.Again, blessings. By His mercy!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;52418)
(Jackie D;52382)
smile.gif
smile.gif
.Genesis 1:1-5
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​
God eventually gets around to creating man and woman on the sixth day (morning and evening) -- Genesis 1:26-31.By God's Word, the Earth was created on the first day, and man was created on the sixth day. That makes the earth five days older than man, using the timeline God tells us He did it in.This is, of course, unless someone believes in a Gap theory... thereby adding any number of years and days that one would so choose to add to the age of the Earth. Some people will say there is a "gap" between verese 1 and verse 2 of Genesis. Though, some I very much respect, I very much disagree with that teaching. It is as it is... no mystery gap. The other option of course is not believing God's Word at all, and believing in the Theory of Evolution instead.So... following the geneologies, and given the creation account by God in Genesis... the Earth is just five days older than man.Some people also believe that a day was equal to 1,000 years. Even if this is true... that only makes the earth 5,000 years older than what most young-earth creationists would conclude, and I would even say could still be considered a young-earth creation (God's creation). It isn't until people start adapting a Gap Theory to God's Word that the Earth gains an unmeasurable and unknowable age. Much like the Theory of Evolution... if that is any surprise.We must understand what God's Word says, and believe it, regardless of what the world is teaching. Something to consider and understand is that when God created the Earth, like man, everything on the earth was created in an adult state (fully formed), with the appearence of age... This too (among countless other things) would account for the mistaken age of the Earth arrived at by those who study the age of the Earth but do not study God's Word. God created the Earth with an appearence much older than it really is. How much older? God knows.Scientists dating systems cannot be trusted. God's Word can.I know you believe this.Use the geneologies given to us in the Bible, and add five days (if you want to be exact). You will then know the true age of the Earth.Praise the Lord for His Word
smile.gif
.Treoflife, look at Genesis 1:1, it does not say that the Earth is created on Day 1. It only says "In the beginning"On another note some of us who actually believes in Older Earth (which clearly states it in the Word) does not even believe in this junk of Evolution.Evolution is not science, but rather a religion... a religion made by man.(Jackie D;52423)
Nothing and that is absolutely nothing that comes from man can be trusted. Including conversations such as this one where we have two sides giving very different views, each side believing they are right. IMO
Thou art correct that men is not to be trusted at all, otherwise you will get more thirsty than you think. Lies keep people hanging, while Truth sets people free.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;52434)
(thesuperjag;52432)
On another note some of us who actually believes in Older Earth (which clearly states it in the Word) does not even believe in this junk of Evolution.
Well, we agree the Theory of Evolution is junk at least.But, clearly stated in the Word of an older Earth? Really. I am able to comprehend things that are clearly stated and I don't see it. All that I do see is it clearly stating how the Earth was made, in the number of days God did it in.The only thing is that it is clear, is that an "older" Earth is very unclear. The only reason any believer in God's Word would believe in an old Earth is either by adapted a Gap Theory to their theology, expanding God's Word beyond it's *clear* confines... or they are an Evolutionist who is even more greatly deceived (we agree there at least on Evolution).Without such a theroy as the Gap Theory, there is no reason to believe the world is old, by the Word. An older Earth is terrible unclear. The Word makes it clear that world is five days older than Adam and Eve.
Genesis 1:1-5:Genesis 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​
Since God began we see "And" "And" "And" as He continually creates. He doesn't stop creating until the end of the day, at which point we are told, "evening and morning the" such and such day.Genesis 1:1-31: 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. 6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. 9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13And the evening and the morning were the third day. 14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. 20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. 24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And[ the evening and the morning were the sixth day./B]If we go by solely the book of Genesis only, then you are 100% correct on that, but seeing verses by other books (besides Genesis) says the opposite direction of what you are saying. So, I'll let you study on it yourself since I can't help you with it...

Alistein

May 4, 2008
The problem here is I have taken the geological record and said it is millions of years old. The funny thing is that most people think that the geological record contradicts the Bible but it absolutely does not. See people have put this evil vale on science because if there is an old earth there is evolution. But that is not true at all. Science is good it has given us many things and only contradicts the Bible when it is used incorrectly.
The question was to prove the age from scriptures. There is also a problem here because young creationists also claim to have done what you have done and ended up with a few thousand years old so who to believe I think I will go with God. If you had taken some time to check up on the links you might have seen the vast discoveries supporting a young universe.
Actually about 12, 000 years ago there was an ice age so drastic that the oceans froze. Now what could have caused such a thing??? No sun perhaps. Here is a link that could answer some of your questions concerning the ice age.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/iceage.asp
I never said I did not believe in Noah's flood and never said that he did a partial re-creation. He re-created the earth because it was "without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."
Your ideas seem to imply it. Also if you believe in Noah’s flood that it covered the entire planet as the bible says then there is a problem with your module of an old earth as a flood that covers the entire planet is prove beyond doubt for the fossil records which is why old earth creationist don’t believe it was global.
God does not mention that "it is good" in Genesis 1:1. He did not create from destruction, the ingredients were already there because he created them long ago. He simply repaired everything.
True He did not but He mentions good at various stages of creation and then say very good when it was all done my point is why call a planet that is filled with death good.
Furthermore, you’re right that death was already there on the earth before Adam and Eve. Eve was not the original sin Satan was the original sin that is why there is so much death in the geological record.
So you are saying God created man and put him in a planet filled with death what's more in a planet where a fallen being (Satan) already exists that makes no sense. Think about it Jesus said would you give your child a stone or serpent and says if an evil person would give good things to their children how much more of God, No one would take their child and dump them in a place filled with death why then would God
consider this....In Genesis 1:2 all of these things are present..1.) the Earth, 2.) waters, 3.) the "deep," and 4.) darknessNow God said in Genesis 1:1 that he created the heaven and earth....not heaven(s). As we know there are 3 heavens. He did not originally create 3 just 1. Darkness is already present because Satan had already sinned against God. Genesis 1:2 describes the CONDITION of the Earth at a point in time AFTER the "heaven and earth" were first created. Genesis 1:3 is the beginning of a seven day restoration process. More precisely, it was the Divine work of making a new GENERATION of the "heavens and earth":
Where did the darkness come from. You mean to tell me the blackness of space is because of sin not so God himself said he creates the Darkness Isa 45:7 the darkness has nothing to do with sin. Genesis 1:1 is in my opinion a reference to space which is the second heaven while the final heaven was introduced in Gen 1:8 that is the sky. Yes Gen 1:2 describes the state of the earth how it was not how it became also does it make sense if from verse 3 0f Genesis God describes the creation in detail for him to in one verse tell another historyYou are once more reading into the text we don't know when exactly Satan sinned and there many Genesis 2:4
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
the source word here in the Hebrew is history however in the king James era old English was used hence generations is used here if you check the various versions you will notice generations isn’t used. Here are a few versions(Amplified) This is the history of the heavens and of the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens—(NIV) This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created. When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens-Also if you consider that more the one subject is being explained it makes sense to say generations. I.e. the earth generation /history/ account (2) the second heaven (space) and the final created heaven the sky that is 3 certainly make good sense to say generations.
And after seeing that all these things are already present, can we realistically be expected to accept the Young Earth Creationist's argument? Are we to believe that God went "poof" and made the planet Earth, outer space, time, and lots of water, all at the very beginning of the very first day, without a single sentence outlining this complex work? Especially since God then only says, "let there be light" and calls it a day? That seems somewhat out of character in light of the fact that God then spends another five full working days afterward on just the surface features with the Bible fully documenting the work in great detail. Did Moses sleep through that part of the lecture? I don't think so.
Aren’t you contradicting yourself you are the one who seems to believe He went poof created everything and poof it was all in ruins all in one verse I think it makes more sense that verse one was God laying the foundation and then working on from there after He tells us how the foundation was i.e. without form, and void; and dark.
The only common sense, logical, and truly Biblical conclusion that these things collectively tell us is that the seven days of Genesis were a reconstruction from the ruins of what was already there. It was a new "generation" of all things. The Word makes a statement of fact on the Earth's ruined condition, and then proceeds to tell us how God regenerated all things. That is the simplicity and truth of the narrative. Man has been guilty of reading his own understanding into the meaning of Genesis, instead of just taking God at His word.
There is no where in the bible saying the seven days were a reconstruction. I would ask you a question again if you never heard a scientist say the earth was billions of years old would you from studying the scriptures ever come about such an idea or would you believe the earth was very old if there was no science in existence? I think to a great deal your reading of the Genesis creation is very well based on evolution. [/QUOTE]

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Please listen up if you guys want to debate this young earth/ old earth (FISRT AGE /SECOND AGE) subject thats fine,no problem but you all need to get the basics straight it does no good to debate if you are talking different subjects 1.You can not properly use Gen. creation week as an argument the first earth age happens before the creation week Startsarguing a seven day creation week has nothing to do with a first earth age(old earth)there is no sense debating one subject with a non related subject THE FIRST EARTH AGE CEASED TO EXIST BEFORE GEN 1:3 Another words the earth was of undetermined old age (perhaps millions of years old if you believe science) before the creation week ever began the creation week is the SECOND (CURRENT earth age) 2. You can not deny knowledge has increased. 3. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH EVOULUTION The earth and the heavens were destroyed (became void) there was nothing left to evolveagain that is a a different argument and has to do with this current age (2nd earth age). Believing in a first earth age has to do with when souls were created, why Satan rebelled, why we were told to RE- populate the earth, where did God foreknow many from, understanding the mystery that 2 Peter 3 tells us.All this debate over THE Creation Week is useless and has not a thing to do with a FIRST EARTH AGE, OR The age of the EarthTHE FIRST EARTH AGE ENDED BEFORE IT(creation week) BEGAN.It ended when the earth became Void and without form. That is the subject. Not creation Week.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
But... what if we don't believe God has given us His Word about a "first earth age" and that it is made up? What if we want to come against this belief as a false doctrine? You're referring to the Gap Theory... some unknown amount of time between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 that I and many others don't believe exists.. That's really the debate I suppose, because without such a belief, there is no debate.Unless this is forbidden, in which case it would be pointless to argue against or otherwise have posts removed. If so I would be more inclined to hold my peace. Otherwise, just so I don't sneak up on anyone... that is what I intend to do. I intend to give and gain understanding about God's Word, absent of a time Gap Theory or "first earth age", from the standpoint that they are false doctrines or beliefs.There is plenty of good explaination for the references to the relations between daughter's of men and the Sons of God. None of which require a "first earth age" or a Gap Theory. There are explainations for all the verses used to reference a Gap... they don't fall in a Gap of time... they come after creation.Personally, I don't believe God left us any gaps in His explaination of how things came to be in the creation account. I believe that the Gap Theory is made up in order to accomodate an old earth belief that is contrary to God's Word.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
TOLI never said anything was going to be delted or forbidden MY Point is if you are going to argue a subject then argue the subject. You can not say it's a false doctrine by using and unrelated subject to prove your point. It makes your argument pointless.If you do not understand the subject how can you say it is false because you obviously never studied it. All your doing is making assumptions without studing the right scriptures