Ours is not a physical resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011

Ours is not a physical resurrection

This study is about the resurrection spoken of here by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:35-42. We are not to think that this resurrection is to be in the likeness of our old earthly bodies. It rather will be a body designed to live in heaven, a glorious body. And the quality of that glory is up to you.
Someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but
the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor. So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The scripture portion continues in the same context: I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:50-52

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In Matthew 22:30 our Lord Jesus said those of the resurrection are as the angels of God in Heaven.

So the "spiritual body" Apostle Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15 is actually about the angelic state.

And we have plenty of Bible witnesses to show how that state can live and exist upon the earth, even eating food from the earth. We shouldn't be confused about that state, because even our Lord Jesus in His Resurrection Body sat before His disciples and ate fish and honeycomb.

The "spiritual body" will have substance, it's just of a different dimension than this material dimension of flesh, which is why it won't get old and die, nor get sick, nor feel hot or cold, etc.

Imagine the bounds placed upon the flesh body today. We can't go underwater for any long period of time without a breathing apparatus or capsule. We can't go up in altitude that doesn't have enough oxygen to sustain our flesh bodies. Our flesh bodies cannot survive many things in God's creation. But all that is different with the "spiritual body", simply because it is not OF the same dimension as God's material creation.

Also, I believe, with the "spiritual body", we will no longer pollute the earth like our flesh does today. But per Isaiah, we will build houses, and plant vineyards.

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
Hello Veteran, you said, "even our Lord Jesus in His Resurrection Body sat before His disciples and ate fish and honeycomb."

That was before the ascension. Now he is at the thrown of God, and will never need food again. That is where we will be after our ascension at the rapture. We will not even have stomachs, or physical food as Paul noted.

"Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"-but God will destroy them both." 1 Corinthians 6:13

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hello Veteran, you said, "even our Lord Jesus in His Resurrection Body sat before His disciples and ate fish and honeycomb."

That was before the ascension. Now he is at the thrown of God, and will never need food again. That is where we will be after our ascension at the rapture. We will not even have stomachs, or physical food as Paul noted.

"Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"-but God will destroy them both." 1 Corinthians 6:13

Isa 25:6-9
6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.
(KJV)

Matt 26:29
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.
(KJV)

Luke 22:29-30
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as My Father hath appointed unto Me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at My table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
(KJV)

Ezek 47:12
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.
(KJV)

Rev 22:2
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
(KJV)

Looks like you need more Bible study.

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
Oh really, so you don't believe Paul? He is speaking very plainly that God will destroy both food, and the stomach when he destroys the universe.

Peter implies the same thing here. Yes I surely need more bible study, but you need more faith.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2 Peter 3:11-13 KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Oh really, so you don't believe Paul? He is speaking very plainly that God will destroy both food, and the stomach when he destroys the universe.

Peter implies the same thing here. Yes I surely need more bible study, but you need more faith.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2 Peter 3:11-13 KJV

Oh I believe Apostle Paul very much, and my Lord Jesus too, thank you. It's YOU whom I do not believe.

Heb 13:2
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(KJV)

Matt 22:30
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(KJV)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I'm ready for supper!

Revelation 19:9 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
I'm ready for supper!

Revelation 19:9 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I'm a fruitarian, I'll l have some of that fruit there. "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Gal 5:22

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
Can we have lots of music too, please? :rolleyes:

Oh! Will there be music in heaven.

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

Revelation 5:11-13