Parable Of The Wicked Husbandmen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

you perceive an insult in there, Dave? where? Wadr the example given was pretty apt imo.
See how i have quoted you here, and i am addressing the body of your quote?
You often do not do this, is a point that is being made there imo.
That you perceive some insult is actually indicative, HIH was not being insulting at all?
Are you insulting me saying I have no basis for thinking I've been insulted?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Can you show from scripture any evidence that anyone actually survives the plagues and the second coming considering all the (remaining) wicked are destroyed by the brightness of His coming?...let alone an entire nation such as Israel...or any other nation?
"no, so i will just dbl-down on my previous irrelevant assertions, from my bad interpretations"
i guess

Reactions: Dave L

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you insulting me saying I have no basis for thinking I've been insulted?
hmm, well i guess i could be, but i am not. You might have a basis, granted, but it is not as apparent as you maybe are thinking, i mean why do you feel insulted by this?
Dave, sound exegesis is not what your response called for. It called for me to point out the absurdity of your comment.

If I said, "Scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is the Messiah of the Jews," and you replied, "But it also teaches that His dog has fleas and a bad case of the mange," you honestly think I should respond with "sound exegesis"?
(still addressing Dave here) i guess obv @ "the absurdity of your comment" thing, right? then why not address that?

if the comment is absurd you will learn something, right, and if it is not then we will, HIH will, whatever.
But see now we are talking about how offended you should be instead?
so it's the Jesus/His dog thing all over again i guess

Last edited:
D

Dave L

hmm, well i guess i could be, but i am not. You might have a basis, granted, but it is not as apparent as you maybe are thinking, i mean why do you feel insulted by this?
(still addressing Dave here) i guess obv @ "the absurdity of your comment" thing, right? then why not address that?

if the comment is absurd you will learn something, right, and if it is not then we will, HIH will, whatever.
But see now we are talking about how offended you should be instead?
so it's the Jesus/His dog thing all over again i guess
Some hurl insults when there is nothing left to hurl. Others just quote scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Some hurl insults when there is nothing left to hurl. Others just quote scripture.
Dave, you are literally doing it right now, to me.

"Some hurl insults" is only the subject in your mind, wadr, do you...can you see how you have not even addressed the post you just quoted? All you did was tag me to i guess no offense meant but to announce the latest subject change or justification or in this case deflection? I mean you are not even trying to address the post, as near as i can tell? We are not having a conversation right now iow, even if you might have said we were, and imo HIH was just trying to illuminate this, and not "hurl insults," ergo "hurl insults" has not even been established yet, see. Might be true, but not even the subject #1, and #2 is that #1 is the point of this convo, right?

D

Dave L

Dave, you are literally doing it right now, to me.

"Some hurl insults" is only the subject in your mind, wadr, do you...can you see how you have not even addressed the post you just quoted? All you did was tag me to i guess no offense meant but to announce the latest subject change or justification or in this case deflection? I mean you are not even trying to address the post, as near as i can tell? We are not having a conversation right now iow, even if you might have said we were, and imo HIH was just trying to illuminate this.
I didn't mention you. Why do you claim the title?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, the new subject deflection is to "title" now i guess, what title is being referenced, hmm. boy, i thought i was pretty good at inference too, lol

Sorry Dave but i'm going to have to pause here until someone can explain to me how the following convo makes any sense ok,
"We are not having a conversation right now iow, even if you might have said we were, and imo HIH was just trying to illuminate this."
"I didn't mention you. Why do you claim the title?"

so let's wait until someone can interpret for me i guess

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the new subject deflection is to "title" now i guess, what title is being referenced, hmm. boy, i thought i was pretty good at inference too, lol

Sorry Dave but i'm going to have to pause here until someone can explain to me how the following convo makes any sense ok,
"We are not having a conversation right now iow, even if you might have said we were, and imo HIH was just trying to illuminate this."

so let's wait until someone can interpret for me i guess

Actually, the good news here is that I don't think he's really all that offended, IMO. I think it's just part of his bag of debate tricks, LoL. If you'll notice, he just gives people one-liners to put them on the defensive and then sits back and watches them expend a lot of energy (probably with amusement, LoL). He does this sort of thing a lot actually, in other forms. It's why he posts statements with no support all the time, which I jokingly drew attention to, but still to no avail. :) It's also the reason for his famous, "Show me one scripture..." trick he uses a lot. He manipulates people, and like constantly, LoL.

The whole thing is pretty irritating, which is why I lost it with him a while back for being somewhat childish. Christians are supposed to treat one another better than that. But apparently there's not much that can be done. I think he enjoys it, and there's no one around here that's going to stop him.

@Dave L : Not starting the conversation with you all over again, bud. We're just in the process of psychoanalyzing you a little now, LoL.

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

Actually, the good news here is that I don't think he's really all that offended, IMO. I think it's just part of his bag of debate tricks, LoL. If you'll notice, he just gives people one-liners to put them on the defensive and then sits back and watches them expend a lot of energy (probably with amusement, LoL). He does this sort of thing a lot actually, in other forms. It's why he posts statements with no support all the time, which I jokingly drew attention to, but still to no avail. :) It's also the reason for his famous, "Show me one scripture..." trick he uses a lot. He manipulates people, and like constantly, LoL.

The whole thing is pretty irritating, which is why I lost it with him a while back for being somewhat childish. Christians are supposed to treat one another better than that. But apparently there's not much that can be done. I think he enjoys it, and there's no one around here that's going to stop him.

@Dave L : Not starting the conversation with you all over again, bud. We're just in the process of psychoanalyzing you a little now, LoL.
:)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LoL! You're a turkey! I hope nobody eats you for Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving-year-1900.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see Dave you might address this,
or for that matter wadr address any post that you are quoting, and i really mean no offense here ok, it's just something most everyone does as long as ppl let them get away with it? i mean i can guarantee that i can make a post to you that you will not even be able to apparently see, see, and i doubt this is what you are going for ok.

You did not mention me, and no one is seeking to offend you, and i know this seems harsh but honest no one really cares about you like you are characterizing here ok? i think we even have a cliche for this, this self-centered thing? I forget exactly what it is, but it finishes something like "when you get old enough you realize that no one even cared?" Ah, this one, "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don't care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all." Ann Landers (1918-2002)

i claim the title bc i am compelled to witness for HIH here, having been subject to the same treatment wadr, and notice you didn't have a prob til i started landing shots bro? :)

D

Dave L

see Dave you might address this,
or for that matter wadr address any post that you are quoting, and i really mean no offense here ok, it's just something most everyone does as long as ppl let them get away with it? i mean i can guarantee that i can make a post to you that you will not even be able to apparently see, see, and i doubt this is what you are going for ok.

You did not mention me, and no one is seeking to offend you, and i know this seems harsh but honest no one really cares about you like you are characterizing here ok? i think we even have a cliche for this, this self-centered thing? I forget exactly what it is, but it finishes something like "when you get old enough you realize that no one even cared?" Ah, this one, "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don't care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all." Ann Landers (1918-2002)

i claim the title bc i am compelled to witness for HIH here, having been subject to the same treatment wadr, and notice you didn't have a prob til i started landing shots bro? :)
If I say something and you claim it, you are landing your own shots. Shooting your own feet wadr......

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If I say something and you claim it, you are landing your own shots.
you said something that i then claimed, iow? I can't imagine what, can't find anything like that, and i know from previous experience that asking for a clarification here will just get me another subject change Dave, so now what. You seem more interested in playing i'm-rubber-you're-glue again now? It comes across as "anything to put some distance between me and them posts that i cannot confront" wadr, not that i could even guess which post at this point

D

Dave L

you said something that i then claimed, iow? I can't imagine what, can't find anything like that, and i know from previous experience that asking for a clarification here will just get me another subject change Dave, so now what. You seem more interested in playing i'm-rubber-you're-glue again now?
Just that some people shoot their own feet while aiming at others.