pasting text without formatting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
example, i want to paste this passage in, but remove the formatting: which icon does it? i am experimenting...i see the little options icon, and then "paste as plain text only" (which is what i hope for). yet as i see it, it still appears to have some formatting. hitting send to see.

29“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.32This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

hmmm....that didn't work. now i see a clipboard saying "paste as plain text"...oh. there it is (i hope). haha.

29“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

awesome! okay thank you and sorry for the newbie stuff.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can also paste and then highlight using the remove formatting button. It's the little eraser on the top row, second icon on the left hand side.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
HammerStone said:
You can also paste and then highlight using the remove formatting button. It's the little eraser on the top row, second icon on the left hand side.
OH! thank you! i think i will try that here.

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

it works! thank you :D
i'm not very tech-savvy.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notepad is the great formatting stripper. I frequently paste things into notepad and then recopy them to remove formatting.

Notepad.png

Reactions: lforrest and Poppin

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Hello Hammerstone:
I cannot easily copy and paste.
Occasionally it works, but not often.
Can you advise please.
Floyd.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd, I need more of a description as to what is working/not working when you cannot copy and paste.

Also:

1) Are you using quick reply or going full reply?
2) What browser are you using?
3) Where are you pasting from?

Thanks.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
HammerStone:
Thanks your comments.
Browser; Int.Explorer.
Copy and Past from own we-site www.revelationsmessage.co.uk
If it can be done, would save much time, as so many subjects are already written on.
I have been using the Box below the subject, which I did not know was quick or full!
Thanks.
Floyd.