Paul and Faith Alone…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But I know you will not accept what He said.
but i know you want to stop reading before then, so that your pov will not be exposed
The Gentiles had no part in the covenant promises of God to the Jews.
and then you woke up, wadr, no doubt you have already not only ignored, but also declined to reply to the many vv that dispute this

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, this saddens me greatly.

You say we are to believe Jesus shed his blood for our sins: Then you in essence say, that the words of our / your "Saviour" are meaningless. You don't need to take heed of them, no need to listen to them, they don't apply to you. They are "another" gospel. IOW: It is to make void the very words of the "Saviour".

It is such as this, that makes becoming an atheist more attractive than becoming a "christian".

Paul also taught from the Torah and the Prophets. You are in essence saying that it is Paul's "Gospel", in saying that Jesus preached "another" Gospel.

The very Gospel which Paul calls:

Gal 1:7 ... the gospel of Christ.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema.

I would rather be anathema, than to chose to make void the very words of our Saviour. To insinuate that they need not be taken heed of or listened unto.

Thus so be it, may I be anathema.

Yeah, well from what I what read, it is more than what you state above. Exodus 16 is interesting in this regard as well.

So again, "another" gospel.

But we have no need to heed or listen to the words of Jesus. Only those as perceived through Paul.
LOL, you make accusations against me and all the while it is you that will not believe what Jesus said in two places, He said He only came to those of the House of Israel. You make Jesus to be a liar when you will not believe Him.

I believe some people are brain dead when they refuse to connect the dots. In Acts 2 we see Peter preaching to the Jews. Some say it was to everyone. But covenant promises were only made to the Jews, not the Gentiles. ---- DOT #1

In Acts 10:9 we see God giving Peter a vision which said that what God has called clean let no man call unclean. Why? Didn't he already know it??---- DOT #2

Acts 10:45
45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. astonished!!!!! according to some Peter knew it in Acts 2. --- DOT #3

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In Acts 2 we see Peter preaching to the Jews. Some say it was to everyone. But covenant promises were only made to the Jews, not the Gentiles. ---- DOT #1
jesus, who whacked you out so bad that you are looking for salvation for Gentiles in Acts 2 anyway? There are no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom, but i recall you ignoring this before too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You say we are to believe Jesus shed his blood for our sins: Then you in essence say, that the words of our / your "Saviour" are meaningless. You don't need to take heed of them, no need to listen to them, they don't apply to you. They are "another" gospel. IOW: It is to make void the very words of the "Saviour".

It is such as this, that makes becoming an atheist more attractive than becoming a "christian".
i would agree, but i cannot even make sense of what he is trying to say tbh

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
LOL, you make accusations against me and all the while it is you that will not believe what Jesus said in two places, He said He only came to those of the House of Israel. You make Jesus to be a liar when you will not believe Him.

I believe some people are brain dead when they refuse to connect the dots. In Acts 2 we see Peter preaching to the Jews. Some say it was to everyone. But covenant promises were only made to the Jews, not the Gentiles. ---- DOT #1

In Acts 10:9 we see God giving Peter a vision which said that what God has called clean let no man call unclean. Why? Didn't he already know it??---- DOT #2

Acts 10:45
45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. astonished!!!!! according to some Peter knew it in Acts 2. --- DOT #3
i mean srsly, this is supposed to be made some sense of, HR? the kingdom is set aside, Jesus only came for Jews is misinterpreted, and i mean wadr what is the point, if someone could even get where you are trying to go?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
LOL, you make accusations against me
and he made no accusations either, lighten up

gee, how did i already know you were from kkk country lol
look i got nothing against you, ok, but the same reason you don't reply to me is the same reason your imaginations here will not stand up to the fire ok.

if you aren't scared, then you shouldn't be scared

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and he made no accusations either, lighten up

gee, how did i already know you were from kkk country lol
look i got nothing against you, ok, but the same reason you don't reply to me is the same reason your imaginations here will not stand up to the fire ok.

if you aren't scared, then you shouldn't be scared

I do not reply to you because it would be a waste of my time. Why? Because you will never believe anything I write.

See! You can't connect the dots either.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See! You can't connect the dots either.
meaning lots of other ppl are reading this too, and i haven't even formed an opinion yet ok
prolly not gonna
right now you have not connected the dots yet imo, but that doesn't mean you couldn't, just you haven't for me.
perhaps a witness might help, you gotta link? anything?

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008

Who is "Israel"? Did Paul ever write that he was a "Jew"? [cf Acts 21:39] For if he did, he was calling himself one of the House of Judah. Paul was from the tribe of Benjamin.

At the split, we have the House of Judah and the House of Israel. The House of Israel reigned in Samaria. Sheds a different light upon the "Good Samaritan". Just as the ten that were cleansed, only the Samaritan appeared [cf Luk 17]. Which perhaps goes to show, that those who have been forgiven much, love much. In Matthew 10:5, Jesus specifically stated not to go to any city of the Samaritans. Just as Jesus said unto the Samaritan woman, you worship what you know not [cf John 4]. For salvation is of the "Jews", the "House of Judah".

It was not until Acts 1:8, that they were to witness in Samaria.

Under Hezekiah, some from Asher, Manasseh and Zebulun [from the House of Israel] came to Jerusalem [to the House of Judah] [cf 2 Chr 30:11]. By the time Jesus arrived on the scene, we have nothing indicative as to how many from any of the ten tribes were present or represented.

So if you wish to split hairs and get into a case of semantics over the "House of Judah" vs. the "House of Israel". That's fine. However overall Jesus did not go unto those of Samaria, which consisted in large part of those of the "House of Israel".

Paul writes, to the Jew first. Not those of the tribe of Judah, but of the House of Judah.

As for "accusations", you are welcome to bring them forth and I shall apologize for them.
However when I stated according to that which you wrote, basically Jesus taught "another" gospel, you clearly stated that was "correct" according to your perception(s). Thus, it is not really an accusation.

So call me a "liar" and say that I don't believe Jesus because I used the term the House of Judah rather than the House of Israel. But at least I don't excuse myself of listening or doing according to the words of Jesus, nor do I call His word "another" gospel. Remember ... as you have judged ... Oh, that's right, those words are "another" gospel, one that doesn't apply to you.

So, to give an example regarding the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah", allow me to pose another question to you: In the year he was crucified, did Jesus eat the Passover, or was he the Passover? For it can not have been both, and thus, just as House of Israel vs. House of Judah is reflective of one's perception(s), knowledge and understanding, so also is the answer to my question.

Yet, from the time of the Exodus, "Gentiles" were clearly allowed to be "grafted" in. And were "grafted" in. How many of those were present and a part of either the House of Israel or the House of Judah, we have no way of knowing. However, they like we, were grafted in. They, like we, can choose to bind ourselves to YHVH. To walk in His ways. The only difference being, our various "perceptions" as to what that actually is or means. Thus, why we have so many splintered groups.

<snip>

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It sadden me that you and those who hold your beliefs think Jesus came to the Gentiles too. He came to the Jews to fulfill all that was said about Him in the OT. He came to His covenant people, not the Gentiles. The Gentiles had no part in the covenant promises of God to the Jews.

Jesus, Himself, said He did not come to the Gentiles when He said this;
Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

But I know you will not accept what He said. After the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah and King you think God reached out to the Gentiles with the same gospel. There is a reason that one gospel is called the gospel of the kingdom and the other is called the gospel of grace. The gospel of the kingdom is the promise of a Messiah and King to set up a heavenly kingdom of the Jews on this earth. The gospel of grace is that Jesus atoned (paid) for all the sins of the world. There is a BIG difference.

But if you wish to be saved under the gospel of the kingdom please be aware that it has been set aside for now.
I quiet agree, Jesus never came for us the gentiles only for teh house of Israel, we where after Peters vision with the sheets with the unclean animals, made clean and it was from than some where sent to the gentiles, hence

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

He healed her because of her faith but, as He said, He didnt come for her.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He said that for a reason other than the surface one, mjr, and you are accepting one Scripture at the expense of many others tho
No actually I am not, Moses was leading te h"Israelites" into the promised land, not the gentiles, why, because they where , are His chosen people, not us. We where considered unclean untill that day when Peter had the vision with the sheets, and teh unclean animals. It was that day, tha God made us clean so that we could come to Him by Christ. All that other"stuff" was not ours never was.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All that other"stuff" was not ours never was.
not yours maybe, but the Book assures me it is mine, in the vv you do not want to discuss i guess. You might as easily frame the Jews as having been separated for the purpose of punishing them, see, taking into account what became of the Israelites in "The Promised Land." Their nation was scattered, and Israel is no more, except as Living Stones now. And this is all in Scripture, too

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not yours maybe, but the Book assures me it is mine, in the vv you do not want to discuss i guess. You might as easily frame the Jews as having been separated for the purpose of punishing them, see, taking into account what became of the Israelites in "The Promised Land." Their nation was scattered, and Israel is no more, except as Living Stones now. And this is all in Scripture, too
Israel is not no more, scattered maybe, but certainly still in existence, God has not forgotten them He doesnt break His promises.. so many christians trying to be Jews, sorry Israelites, the Jews are only 1 tribe.