Paul's mother

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
KJV

We see that Paul says God separated him from his mother's womb to reveal his Son in him. But this is not a flesh and blood womb that he is referring to. It is his born again birth that he is referring to and his mother is heavenly Jerusalem which is the mother of all who have been born again from above in Christ.
Paul was chosen of God for a purpose from the time that Jesus called him on the road to Damascus.
Gal 4:26-27
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
KJV

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We see that Paul says God separated him from his mother's womb to reveal his Son in him. But this is not a flesh and blood womb that he is referring to.
Yes it is..."separated from his mother's womb" means that he was set apart for a purpose.
"God calling him by his grace to reveal his son in him" - is the moment he became born again.

It is his born again birth that he is referring to and his mother is heavenly Jerusalem which is the mother of all who have been born again from above in Christ.
Paul was chosen of God for a purpose from the time that Jesus called him on the road to Damascus.
Gal 4:26-27
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Galatians 4
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

He is speaking to the Jews who desired to be under the law...

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Angelina said:
Yes it is..."separated from his mother's womb" means that he was set apart for a purpose.
"God calling him by his grace to reveal his son in him" - is the moment he became born again.

Galatians 4
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

He is speaking to the Jews who desired to be under the law...
Angelina, The womb Paul was separated from was his mother heavenly Jerusalem as in his born again mother of the Spirit. Heavenly Jerusalem bears no physical children and is the Barren woman. Jerusalem on earth is the one in bondage with her natural children.
Many are called but few are chosen. There will be many believers that confess to accept Christ but not all will grow in Christ to full term in the womb of heavenly Jerusalem.
Those who are not found worthy will be the saved nations.
Paul is speaking to Jews as far as circumcision, because they thought that a fleshly circumcision made them in right standing with God erroneously. But please know that anyone who becomes a worshipper of God can be circumcised but it changes nothing within them. They are still dead in their sins without the washing of the Word to cleanse them.
The body of Christ which is made up of Jew and Gentiles as RESTORED Israel of the promise is made up of those whom God has chosen out of all the called and have been made holy as He is holy. They will inherit the PROMISE, for flesh and blood man in their carnal nature can not!
How can you say that Christ is divided? Paul was not sent to divide but to be a tent maker, meaning to build up the body of Christ which is THE TEMPLE, in holiness for our bodies are tabernacles that must be RAISED UP in the newness of life in and by God's Word aka Christ.

You do realize that Esther's roots were kept hidden right? This mean's that there is no genealogy in Christ for we have all, Jew and Gentile, been handed over to sin so that God can have mercy on all who BELIEVE in the Son of God. God is no respecter of persons and just as the 12 sons of Jacob/Israel were of Jew and Gentile mother's so shall those in Christ the ONE NEW MAN that is the Promised Seed meaning Christ The Word who became flesh, who WAS A JEW and all in him shall be Jewish circumcised in heart, as our father Abraham was CHALDEAN from Ur, but became father of the Jews because of his faith in God. Those in Christ have been GRAFTED into the ROOT of the OLIVE TREE/Christ/ New covenant Israel. A holy nation born in one day soon to come!