People claiming to have seen Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Youtube is full of these people. Some may actually think they did visit heaven from side effects to drugs.
But when they say that they had conversations with Christ or saw Abraham,they are either lying or hallucinating.
Like some tv preachers who just right out lie. Its blasphemy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Youtube is full of these people. Some may actually think they did visit heaven from side effects to drugs.
But when they say that they had conversations with Christ or saw Abraham,they are either lying or hallucinating.
I've not yet heard or read an account of someone's "near death experience" that is not contradicted by the Bible. I used to try to examine all I could find, but I don't bother any longer, it was always the same.

Much love!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think heaven is something to see. I think heaven is the peace we have when we repent of our sin. Read Matthew 4:17.

Reactions: MatthewG

Fillan

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello St Joseph. In 1 Corinthians 12 it talks of someone taken up to the third heaven and seeing and hearing things than cannot be repeated. Conversely today many people do repeat these experiences, which is a huge difference and the huge number and variety of these experiences sometimes gives the impression that they may be contradicting one another in what people claim to see and hear. God Bless :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Certainly there are kooks and liars among us. But be careful...by your same logic every miracle in the Bible can be denied.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is certainly using these people that think they went to heaven and came back talking all about God's love, but not mentioning Jesus, who is the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:2. Therefore when we finish the race, Jesus is there.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every account recorded in the Bible of humans seeing heaven was a vision Joseph, if that helps sir.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Heaven Is For Real" is a good book, made into a movie - watch it. It is an account of a four year old boy on the operaring table who left his body while under, saw angels who sang to him, spoke to Jesus and relatives who've past on that he never knew about. Before he was born, his mother had a miscarriage and this grown child _ in heaven _ greeted him with a hug. I believe the account.
John was shown visions and others as well, why not now?

Reactions: Triumph1300

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:27-31 KJV
27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him—

Reactions: Titus

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Heaven Is For Real" is a good book, made into a movie - watch it. It is an account of a four year old boy on the operaring table who left his body while under, saw angels who sang to him, spoke to Jesus and relatives who've past on that he never knew about. Before he was born, his mother had a miscarriage and this grown child _ in heaven _ greeted him with a hug. I believe the account.
John was shown visions and others as well, why not now?
That book is fake. The writer himself said it was for the money. Look up on youtube; that kid is weird, he said the Holy Spirit comes up your spine.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... People die yet are still here to tell you what happened.... ? Being a past ICU Nurse for over 30 years.... If you can talk to me you were never dead!!! Just because your heart stops means nothing... You have a team doing compressions and such keeping your organs alive until your heart beats again... Thus the comment... He died on the operating table... Really.... Do you have any idea of the team keeping your organs alive until your heart beats again.... They never died... They crapped themself until we got the heart beating again, nothing more , nothing less!!!

Below is a small sample of scripture that shows... that when we die, we stay dead until our resurrection... As our soul is not immortal! Context is KING!!!!

Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of you; in Sheol who will give you praise?

Psa 13:3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,

Psa 22:15 my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.

Psa 88:10 Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Selah

Psa 115:17 The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence.

Psa 146:4 When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.

Job 7:21 Why do you not pardon my transgression and take away my iniquity? For now I shall lie in the earth; you will seek me, but I shall not be."

Ecc 3:18-19 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. 19 For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath (Spirit rûaḥ) and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit (Breath rûaḥ) returns to God who gave it.

Notice it is God’s Spirit that returns back to him. It is not our spirit, The word is rûaḥ: A feminine noun meaning spirit, wind, breath.

Ecc 9:4 But he who is joined with all the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Ecc 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

Isa 26:19 Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead.

Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Joh 5:28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice

Joh 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Joh 11:11 After saying these things, he said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him." … 14 So Jesus then said to them plainly, "Lazarus is
dead,

Joh 11:24 Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day."

Act 7:60 And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Act 2:34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, "'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand,

Act 2:29 "Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

1Th 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

How can the dead rise if they are in heaven? Note it reads dead, not their body!

Written over 60 years after Jesus' death....
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, (God) who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

Alone? This is what makes the resurrection such a big deal. The dead are raised back to life! The soul is not immortal. No such scripture exist that says so, it is only the tradition of men!

Hope this helps...
Paul

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That book is fake. The writer himself said it was for the money. Look up on youtube; that kid is weird, he said the Holy Spirit comes up your spine.
You are mistaken. Another book came out around the same time by Alex Malarkey, The Boy That Came Back From Heaven" -- that was a fake.

Heaven Is For Real is about Colton Burpo.
Pastor Todd Burpo, his Dad wrote it.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken. Another book came out around the same time by Alex Malarkey, The Boy That Came Back From Heaven" -- that was a fake.

Heaven Is For Real is about Colton Burpo.
Pastor Todd Burpo, his Dad wrote it.
Heaven is the traditions of men... The coming Kingdom is on this Earth. Who the hell have you been reading? Ohhh..

Jesus spent years telling you who will inherit the earth..... Read the works of our coming King!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... People die yet are still here to tell you what happened.... ? Being a past ICU Nurse for over 30 years.... If you can talk to me you were never dead!!! Just because your heart stops means nothing... You have a team doing compressions and such keeping your organs alive until your heart beats again... Thus the comment... He died on the operating table... Really.... Do you have any idea of the team keeping your organs alive until your heart beats again.... They never died... They crapped themself until we got the heart beating again, nothing more , nothing less!!!

Below is a small sample of scripture that shows... that when we die, we stay dead until our resurrection... As our soul is not immortal! Context is KING!!!!

Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of you; in Sheol who will give you praise?

Psa 13:3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,

Psa 22:15 my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.

Psa 88:10 Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Selah

Psa 115:17 The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence.

Psa 146:4 When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.

Job 7:21 Why do you not pardon my transgression and take away my iniquity? For now I shall lie in the earth; you will seek me, but I shall not be."

Ecc 3:18-19 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. 19 For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath (Spirit rûaḥ) and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit (Breath rûaḥ) returns to God who gave it.

Notice it is God’s Spirit that returns back to him. It is not our spirit, The word is rûaḥ: A feminine noun meaning spirit, wind, breath.

Ecc 9:4 But he who is joined with all the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Ecc 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

Isa 26:19 Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead.

Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Joh 5:28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice

Joh 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Joh 11:11 After saying these things, he said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him." … 14 So Jesus then said to them plainly, "Lazarus is
dead,

Joh 11:24 Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day."

Act 7:60 And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Act 2:34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, "'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand,

Act 2:29 "Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

1Th 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

How can the dead rise if they are in heaven? Note it reads dead, not their body!

Written over 60 years after Jesus' death....
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, (God) who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

Alone? This is what makes the resurrection such a big deal. The dead are raised back to life! The soul is not immortal. No such scripture exist that says so, it is only the tradition of men!

Hope this helps...
Paul

Thank you for your response. I asked in another thread .........
*https://www.christianityboard.com/t...human-spirit-goes-instantly-to-heaven.55336/*
about " those who sleep " . You gave me part of the answer.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 13:13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mt 13:14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mt 13:15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them

But then to whom was Jesus speaking here?

Mt 13:16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Mt 13:17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

And to whom is this eyesalve available?

Re 3:18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did a study on this ten years ago, and the most credible source was Pastor John Burke, author of best seller “Imagine Heaven”. He interviewed over 900 people, and sifted them down to the most credible: An airline pilot with a PhD, a university professor; a spinal surgeon, etc; people who had nothing to gain. but everything to lose by telling their story,

The author really wasn’t in it for the money. He produced a series of six videos of his interviews with these people, making this series available for free on the internet to anyone who is interested. I have now watched this 6 hr series 8 times!! They are NOT boring! They are also credible.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him—

Reactions: Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isnt it rather odd that these folks seem to be from all roads , all religions . YET when JESUS Revealed himself
to paul, HE REBUKED PAUL for the path paul was on . YET all these different folks from different strokes and walks
SEEM TO NOT HEAR any rebuking for the lost path they were on . RATHER they all seem to experience
an idea that all is well , heaven is for all , NO MESSAGE About BELEIVING IN JESUS CHRIST .
NO message or reminder at all about having to BELEIVE IN CHRIST . ITS ALL A FARCE and its a delusion .

Reactions: Marvelloustime