People that do not Believe in, look and Expect the Rapture will be left Behind!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...
I'm trying to understand...
Unless a person holds to a pretribulation rapture theological position as to the interpretation of prophecy they are going to have to wait to access heaven?

And you are using the Hebrews passage as proof of concept?

Can you please explain how God exhibited this sort of behavior before as a normal behavior for Him?
where did Jesus or one of the Apostles qualified that our eschatology will be the determining factor if heaven bound?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where did Jesus or one of the Apostles qualified that our eschatology will be the determining factor if heaven bound?
I agree and that's the reason for my question.

Faith in Jesus has always been a determining factor in salvation.
Not faith in someone's interpretation of prophecy.

Unless I've missed something somewhere....

Hey, I always leave room for the possibility that I'm wrong. It's not like I'm perfect. Even after I was saved I realize that I still ain't perfect (unlike the way some people behave)

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree and that's the reason for my question.

Faith in Jesus has always been a determining factor in salvation.
Not faith in someone's interpretation of prophecy.

Unless I've missed something somewhere....

Hey, I always leave room for the possibility that I'm wrong. It's not like I'm perfect. Even after I was saved I realize that I still ain't perfect (unlike the way some people behave)
Those of us holding to premil better hope its not based upon popularity, as AMil is held by majority of the saved!

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of us holding to premil better hope its not based upon popularity, as AMil is held by majority of the saved!

I'm totally fairly clueless as to what a AMil position is...

Some have jokingly referred to me as a "pan millenialist" because I know Jesus is coming back and things will "pan" out for me just fine.

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some have jokingly referred to me as a "pan millenialist" because I know Jesus is coming back and things will "pan" out for me just fine.
A Mil hold that we are right now in the messianic Age, that Jesus was enthroned and ruing from heaven since ascension, and that only thing left is the second coming, and then the eternal state!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Mil hold that we are right now in the messianic Age, that Jesus was enthroned and ruing from heaven since ascension, and that only thing left is the second coming, and then the eternal state!

Jesus will return to defeat all evil and rule over a great new world!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is what google has to say:

Amillenarism or Amillennialism (from Latin mille, one thousand; "a" being a negation prefix) is a type of chillegorism which teaches that there will be no millennial reign of the righteous on earth.

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what google has to say:

Amillenarism or Amillennialism (from Latin mille, one thousand; "a" being a negation prefix) is a type of chillegorism which teaches that there will be no millennial reign of the righteous on earth.
Its the primary majority viewpoint held today!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the primary majority viewpoint held today!

Who cares what "google" says??? Why not find out what the Bible says and believe it?? Jesus will return and defeat all evil and set up His 1000 year reign and then the earth will be renewed and God will make His home here with believers for eternity (the new Jerusalem)

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares what "google" says??? Why not find out what the Bible says and believe it?? Jesus will return and defeat all evil and set up His 1000 year reign and then the earth will be renewed and God will make His home here with believers for eternity (the new Jerusalem)
I do hold to the {remil viewpoint, but do see all saved going up !

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is returning For those people that Believe in , look for and Expect the Rapture. those people that mock and scoff at the rapture and do not believe in, look For and expect the rapture will be left Behind!! Hebrews 9:28=Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To ""those who eagerly wait for Him"" He will appear a second time.
Those that do not look for and expect the rapture are left behind and then must then try to live under anti-christ rule.
The Rapture that you speak of happens a the second coming. Notice Paul said, "He will appear a second time."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's okay, we'll explain to to you on the way up.
There's nothing to explain. This is actually a dangerous doctrine because it gives Christians a false sense of security. If you are alive at the end, I suspect you will be, you will go through the Tribulation

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing to explain. This is actually a dangerous doctrine because it gives Christians a false sense of security. If you are alive at the end, I suspect you will be, you will go through the Tribulation
In the prayer that Jesus gave us, we pray that the Lord will give us day by day our daily bread and that He will deliver us from evil.

How will the Lord fulfill the answers to this prayer in your life if you cannot buy or sell apart from taking a mark on your body that means everlasting condemnation?

I see one way: that He will remove you from the earth before such a thing is implemented on the populace of the world.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the prayer that Jesus gave us, we pray that the Lord will give us day by day our daily bread and that He will deliver us from evil.

How will the Lord fulfill the answers to this prayer in your life if you cannot buy or sell apart from taking a mark on your body that means everlasting condemnation?

I see one way: that He will remove you from the earth before such a thing is implemented on the populace of the world.

Why would God remove people from the Earth? He didn't do in any other judgment He brought. He didn't remove Lot and his family. He provided for them. He didn't remove Noah and his family, He provided for them. He didn't remove the Israelites when the death angle passed through Egypt, He provided for them. If He's never removed His people when He brought judgment why would He do it now? To answer your question, He would provide for them. There isn't a single passage of Scripture that says God is going to remove Christians before the Tribulation. This is a teaching that comes from the 1800's from Darby

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God remove people from the Earth? He didn't do in any other judgment He brought. He didn't remove Lot and his family. He provided for them. He didn't remove Noah and his family, He provided for them. He didn't remove the Israelites when the death angle passed through Egypt, He provided for them. If He's never removed His people when He brought judgment why would He do it now? To answer your question, He would provide for them. There isn't a single passage of Scripture that says God is going to remove Christians before the Tribulation. This is a teaching that comes from the 1800's from Darby
What about Enoch and Elijah?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be left behind on rapture day??? God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!

God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!
God removed Righteous Noah and his family and shut them up in the ark for their protection before the great flood that destroyed all evil sin loving people.
God removed Righteous Lot and his family from Sodom before God destroyed Sodom.
Jesus will rapture (catchup) all righteous in Christ believers before the judgment of the great tribulation!!! PTL. Will you meet Jesus in the clouds as your Lord and Savior or as your final Judge?? You get to choose!!!
Luke 21:36 Jesus tells believers ==Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Enoch and Elijah?

What about them? They weren't taken off the Earth. Enoch was translated, placed somewhere else. Elijah was taken into the sky and he too was placed somewhere else. About 15 years after he was taken into the air he is recorded as having written a letter to a king.