Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for people on here--

On the grand scale of things, how important to you is this issue of whether or not a particular married woman had sex with her husband?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

On the grand scale of things, how important to you is this issue of whether or not a particular married woman had sex with her husband?

In the case of Mary it's very important because it's about the holiness and Deity of Jesus.

Marian doctrines and titles are not defined to glorify Mary but to protect our understanding of Jesus.
“What the Catholic faith believes about Mary is based on what it believes about Christ, and what it teaches about Mary illumines in turn its faith in Christ.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, para 487)

There is an old Catholic saying "Abandoning the Mother is one step from abandoning the Son".
Or as an Orthodox put it “To ignore the Mother means to misinterpret the Son”.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the case of Mary it's very important because it's about the holiness and Deity of Jesus.

Marian doctrines and titles are not defined to glorify Mary but to protect our understanding of Jesus.
“What the Catholic faith believes about Mary is based on what it believes about Christ, and what it teaches about Mary illumines in turn its faith in Christ.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, para 487)

There is an old Catholic saying "Abandoning the Mother is one step from abandoning the Son".
I'm only half understanding what you're saying:

Is Christ's magnificence dependent in any way on any mortal?
Is His magnificence lessened by any married couple having intercourse?
Does this threaten your salvation or anyone else's?

I'm trying to understand why of ALL the possible theological disagreements out there, why are people on both sides of the debate picking this particular hill to make the big argument over.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you paraphrased scripture. That's not quoting it.

I did not say I quoted scripture I said I used it. And I did not paraphrase it I used the words.

you need to apologize again for
Misrepresenting me. Although I do not expect one.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the woman and husband I think it means a lot

to everyone else. I mean really. Should we care?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary having sex or not having sex AFTER Jesus was born has no bearing on his dirty. Jesus would still be God in the flesh either way

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the woman and husband I think it means a lot

to everyone else. I mean really. Should we care?
If you don't care, then why have this big argument about it?

Again, I'm trying to understand why of ALL the possible theological disagreements out there, why are people on both sides of the debate are picking this particular hill to make the big fuss over.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

This scripture says who Mary would give birth to is, "the Son of God," not God

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't care, then why have this big argument about it?

Again, I'm trying to understand why of ALL the possible theological disagreements out there, why are people on both sides of the debate are picking this particular hill to make the big fuss over.
I am having a discussion. Not an argument if other people make it an argument that’s on them

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus God or not?

God's Holy Spirit consistently inspired men to write down that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. (Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” (Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.”—1Jo 4:9.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Holy Spirit consistently inspired men to write down that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. (Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” (Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.”—1Jo 4:9.
The OT speak of the sin of man. Alive and well the God of Israel. Who we are told is sent by the father and spirit.

Thomas called Jesus God and Jesus did
Not correct him

also Jesus said before Abraham wasn’t he always existed (he used the same words here he used to Moses when Moses asked his name)

Status
Not open for further replies.