Personal responsibility

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

You believe that Jesus has died for your sins,
No, He died for me.
therefore takes the burden of those sins off your shoulders
Yes, but not the burden of personal responsibility of apologising to those I have offended, stolen from, abused, etc etc.
No matter how much you Christian's mess up this side of life, so long as you believe that Jesus died for you, you are absolved of the penalty of all your sins.
In effect yes. Life is infinitely more attractive than death. Resurrection, infinitely more hopeful than...well, no resurrection.
Please explain to me how this POV doesn't make you completely irresponsible, and prevents you from taking personal steps in changing your bad nature.
That's easy. Because Jesus said, "without me you can do nothing.". Our sin nature, the fallen corrupt carnal nature we are born with is a terminal disease, and its incurable. So life isn't about "taking personal steps in changing your bad nature", because no-one can. You might, through self discipline make some outward improvements, but that doesn't change the heart and mind. You might think that Christians use crutches called faith to get through life, but you are wrong. A full blown heart transplant is the only solution. Throw the old out altogether. Kill it. Then be born again.

Because if you really believe some guy has taken the fall for you, your a complete coward.
That is the most ardently ridiculous thing you could have said. Because...
I do something real bad in life, and there is no way out for me but the chopping block. But I hatch a plan
We didn't "hatch a plan"...it wasn't and never could be man's idea to hatch this plan. It was God's plan from the very beginning. You are right about the chopping block, but Jesus put His own neck on it instead of you having to. His idea. Not ours. This isn't about us putting someone else on the sacrificial table, its about the Son of God putting Himself on it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure what is going on with me tonight.

When I click on a "like" on a few posts here...all I got was a RED notice saying

"ERROR, you do not have permission for this action."

What is that about ? @lforrest or @Angelina Strange. :(

Reactions: lforrest

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well look at that...I couldn't "like" Aspens post or two others, but could like brakelite :D

Reactions: Nancy and aspen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure you can. Your book says that a rape victim must marry her rapist and allows for beating slaves as property. I used to think that all of you think this is wrong but you are just trying to reconcile it with your faith. After talking with taken I am not so sure anymore.

I am sure I don't want to. I declare God and Christ, I don't make Him appealing.

Yes, the Bible says that. So?

Stranger

Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what is going on with me tonight.

When I click on a "like" on a few posts here...all I got was a RED notice saying

"ERROR, you do not have permission for this action."

What is that about ? @lforrest or @Angelina Strange. :(

Ha, if anyone gets these "like" errors, it should be me! It's as if I cannot NOT like so many posts! Mus be annoying to you all that I always "like" your stuff :D . BTW Helen, that problem is fixed, and gone...

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jelly Jam, I'm just addressing your pm. There are very few men I will pm, because I do not feel comfortable private messaging men. But that girl in the picture is my daughter, and if she ever became a whore as you asked, I can tell her of this passage:

The scribes and the Pharisees *brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, they *said to Him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?” They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.” ]
JOHN 8:3‭-‬7‭, ‬9‭-‬11 NASB

Jesus Christ is not out to condemn people to Hell. Jesus is willing to forgive. It is why He gave His own life, so that we wouldnt have to be condemned. Because God is just and completely righteous. A lie is like murder. If you even think it in your heart it is as if you have committed it.

In the future,leave my daughter out of any questions you have and don't pm me. I will not answer back.

If I was saved from being stoned, He'll even more so, I would want to change my ways and serve my Savior. I do.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Understand why the whores and tax-collectors are beating you into the kingdom which was um meant diff than it is now reading, but maybe it works on more than one level?
Christianity is just a cult that celebrates the death of one man. That you must believe another person has to die for you to escape your personal responsibility.

It is not true morality, and it is not healthy to think that you can throw your issues onto someone else.

Like Richard Dawkins said.

"If God wanted to forgive, why didn't he just forgive?"
Word

fortunately that--all of that, every single Word of that--is either stated in plain Tongue or obviously (to a one-eyed ish) inferred, more than one place, many places.

So, No Son of Man may die for another's sins ends up going with
Jesus, of Nazareth after--and only after--it is understood that 1st century Rabbis were IDed by which school they learned under, indicated by where that school was, hence Paul of Tarsus, etc.

Can anything good come from Nazareth? is there to help, and i guess ol' Richard even illustrated that there were no ppl in first century Nazareth, although it was inhabited before and after, which has been fairly confirmed by archeology now i think.

So, Jesus--which is actually Joshua, the most common name in the area then--of Nazareth xlates to...well, i don't even need to say it, do i? But since google can help more, "John Doe from out of Nowhere" i think it is...well dang Abarim sitesearch is down at the moment, pretty sure that's close, best of luck there. Could be "John Smith" maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In effect yes. Life is infinitely more attractive than death. Resurrection, infinitely more hopeful than...well, no resurrection.

All shall be resurrected.

John 5
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes wonderful, although one could say.

"When two delusions meet in his name, whatever the delusion may be. A greater delusion shall appear to be done for them"
imo you can tell when "deluded" is in play there btw one applies that v, never seen a congregation with 2 or 3 in it yet! So our oh-so-helpful Scribes--which are also discussed at length, more than once, woe to you, scribes... etc--just um do a little repair there lol, and we get Xlations (better than "trannies," guys?) like wherever two or more are gathered... and various other (Catholic)...hellpfulnesses. Imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

John 5
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Glory to God,
Taken
See, you have been made well. Stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you.

i guess we need a Literalist here to tell us what Preach says when we're coming up from that water again...my God, my God, hopefully one will see how they will be perceived when they refuse to address this then? In that day?

do Preachers even say that anymore?

but anyway even reading the whole chapter clarifies this immensely imo
A million plus left "Egypt" freed-men, through a door covered in blood too though, see;
but only Tao made it into the Promised Land, Taken

no sin in a child talking like a child tho, ok, so i dont mean that.

Last edited: